The roof is coming crashing down

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: The roof is coming crashing down

Post by art_collector » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:48 pm

Yaa can figure out what u must have gone through...couple of years back in a hotel a lighted cigrette had caused the small bits of papers in the ashtray to catch fire and the smoke made that silly alarm on the roof to sound an alert. I always thought that it was the most stupid thing to happen to me. After hearing what u have gone through think GOD was kind towards me then>
Hope the mess has been cleared ....

AC

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:31 pm

Vikram,

Glad you're both safe and sound. The light bulb thing could have been very dangerous.

Cheers!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words.We are still standing among the remains of the battle that still adorn the kitchen.The plumber will be coming sometime.The nails that held the water tank were very rusty and almost powdery.Needed no external input to topple over.The roof was already teetering and this precipitated it.Only,explaining this to our land lord is slightly daunting.He is a very good man.Anyway,thanks and some excitement,eh?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Vikram

Seen that happen once before..its not pleasant. Hopefully the owner will fix it and insurance should cover it. Incidents I know off and seen were also due to living overflowing water in the bathroom and leaked into the roof.

Well stay dry...

Rgds

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Sorry but I cannot stop chuckling. :mrgreen:

I guess Friday the 13th's aren't lucky for you. ;)

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Really feel sorry for you and from the de.scription, it seems you were in multiple danger ! Hope everything is sorted out with the landlord nicely.

A very strange incident ! Roof falling off in bits and pieces.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 pm

Sujay,

Don't play the innocent. We all know you put the hex on him after seeing his HW77 and Vikram rubbing it in. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:12 am

Now why didn't I think of it! Friday the 13th. That explains it :lol: :lol: .Do not think poor Sujay is responsible though. In fact I found the excitement very funny though my flatmate didn't.

Update: The plumber came at 0430 in the evening.Till then,no water,no food, no you know what,no sleep.Cleared up all the debris and the damage is not as high as we thought.The water tank got sorted.the roof had an earlier history of the plaster coming off.This only took off what was loose earlier.So,the land lord will not find it unusual.Pics of the almost 100 years old rusted and powdery nails are preserved to be shown to him.A very nice man our land lord.The house is clean and no dirt anywhere.The roof after the draining,is almost dry with a bit of moisture in the matting.checked by the nice 72 year old Caribbean plumber.We are ready to receive our land lord.The house is safe for you to come over and stay with us anytime you wish.Thank you all for your good wishes.They helped immensely than you would know.Thank you.

Best-
Vikram

PS:The water pressure in the boiler is alarmingly high.Need to be sorted tomorrow.Good night.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."