POM POM!

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

POM POM!

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:08 pm

No Grumpy, I wasn't addressing you. :mrgreen:

Saw a Roller approaching my six, so removed the digicam from the belt pouch to take a couple of pics in my rear view mirrors.

Merely trying to persuade penpusher to get one rather than just a digital SLR. ;)

With a small point and shoot camera, you can still keep a hold of the wheel and keep an eye on the road ahead. Best thing about them is that they can be carried everywhere on your belt or pocket.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: POM POM!

Post by penpusher » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Mack The Knife,

Dangerous taking photos the way you do.Now if you had an SLR you would not have endangered yourself or others on the road this way :lol:

penpusher

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:51 pm

There I was driving down the street in the old Rolls Royce when some idiot in front of me started weaving all over the road - seemed to be concentrating on his wing mirrors rather than on the road ahead. Had me really worried because I`d only just picked the car up from the garage where they`d just fitted some white rubber over-riders on the rear bumpers........................................................

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:27 pm

:mrgreen:

Actually, I saw two Rollers today. This and a black Phantom. I imagine Mr. Mallya was giving his collection a bit of an airing.
Dangerous taking photos the way you do.
The only way you are going to find whether or not it was dangerous is if you try it. ;)

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:35 pm

In Hyderabad, I used to see a Roller on the way to my Grand parents house. It used to be parked in a garage of a huge and beautiful villa (where else). All black, it was a doozy. I've never seen an actual Doozy (Duesenberg) though, maybe some day, right along with the K80 ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duesenberg

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:03 am

penpusher,

Radio Shack, Costco and several other stores have huge discount sales going on at the moment as far as digital cameras are concerned. If you want a particular model just let me know and I'll check if it is available. If someone's coming to India I could send it across.

Personally, I use a cheap Polaroid 3.2 MP autofocus camera which I bought at one such sale for $ 30. A 256 card for it cost ane xtra $ 8 at the same sale. You do get bargains here if you buy during the off season months.

Cheers and apologies for this OT post.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:05 am

Cheers and apologies for this OT post.
Then you misunderstood the purpose of this post. Making him get a digicam is what it is about.....so that I can see all his guns. :mrgreen: Go on penpusher, get one. ;)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:12 am

Sounds good penpusher.-About time, what?
Sharief, there was a house at the top of road no 10, banjara hills, some where near the taj hotel on the left, which had a huge black car-this was circa 2000.Same one?
I am associated with heritage motoring club here and have a few snaps with a 1908 belgian Minerva-damn thing is as big as a lorry and overtook my safari at 80km as though I was standing still. Have a few snaps , will post.Great bunch of guys in HMC-we have a delhi 19km rally on 1st april, will post if I go.
Mack The Knife-Ravi Prakash, who runs ambedkar medical college is also a vintage car collector-may be his-a major con man though-wouldnt trust his handshake:twisted: Most of his cars have a 900 or a 009 plate
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:23 am

Asif, the house I'm talking about is in AWHO colony in Secunderabad, near Karkhana.