CJ 3 B jeep being restored

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
shahid

CJ 3 B jeep being restored

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:14 am

Danish has found me a nice JEEP CJ3B in right hand drive. It is being renovated in Allahabad in the maximum possible original condition. Watch this space for stage by stage restoration. Danish will post pics of every stage. till it is driven to Patna in about 6 to 8 weeks time.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:29 am

Shahid,

Since you are in the UAE, may I suggest you pick up a few hard to find parts for your Jeep from there - get after market free-wheeling hubs for the front wheels, custom exhaust manifold, a good electric winch AND if at all possible, try and get limited slip differentials for both the front and rear axles!

Since you are in touch with off road enthusiasts there, I am sure it would not be much of a problem for you to source these parts... Trust me, you'll be glad you made the investment! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: CJ 3 B jeep being restored

Post by Pran » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 am

Waiting to see them, Shahid.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Yes sure Abhijeet, I 'll get Borla Cat Back Exaust, Air Locks, Central Diffs, Warn winch I already have quite a few, K & N AIr Intake filters, Platinum spark plugs, heavy duty cable set, fly back transformer, halogen tubes, EHT coil, Alloy wheels, 31 inch tyres from my sponsor Dunlop, K & N heavy duty clutch, Warn or Lightforce ligts, spot and driving.

But all these changes will come gradually. First and foremost I'll drive it in as original condition as possible after restoring it.

penpusher

Re: CJ 3 B jeep being restored

Post by penpusher » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:33 pm

Would be nice to see it restored to it's original condition.Best of luck on this.

penpusher

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes I will prefer it in restored original condition. It will not be used much, but ocassionaly I will take it off road. It will be a vehicle more for its vintage value and all time great looks of course.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:20 pm

At least get limited slip differentials.... the original ones give very poor traction in sticky situations... You can always keep the original parts with you if you want to switch back later.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:47 pm

I will get the LSD for this one. An amazing array of Jeep Wrangler parts are available here. Now in its TJ and YJ versions. A new version with 3.7 L V6 engine has come this month replacing the earlier 4 litre 6 in line. A lot of my off roader friends take great interest in dolling up their Wranglers. They do pretty well in the Desert although, but are prone to mechanical and electrical failures all the time. Nothing to beat the reliability of a Toyota Landcruiser, the true King of these deserts.

The JEEP assessory catalouge runs into 2 volumes of about 800 pages ! besides there are a number of local bells and whistles available.

In fact yesterday we were doing a desert hill ( sand dune ) climbing contest in the empty quarters ( RUb Al Khali ) LIWA area where an annual event Mureeb Challenge is done. UAE desert rally is also done here.

Before deflating, the Jeep Wranglers were doing quite well. After deflating the tyres of course the Landcruisers and Nissan Patrols took over. A Short Wheel base Landcruiser Prado, similar to the Prado being sold in India now, with a 4 litre V6 engine of 262 BHP here outperforms anything in the Desert. It is absolutely unmatched. The Landcruiser pick up and Landcruiser 78 with In line six 4500 engines come closest to it.