Maruti Suzuki Gypsy

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy

Post by Pran » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:14 am

Mack The Knife,
Have book on suspensions for off-roaders.You may borrow it from me if you're interested.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:21 am

Wouldn't personally recommend having one on a off-roader though.
Just a gut feeling or do you know of any instances where these kits have failed? Being a smoker, I have to be extra careful.

Thanks, but I will skip on the book, for the time being atleast.

Mack The Knife

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:31 am

>Just a gut feeling or do you know of any instances where these kits have failed?

Have seen an auto with it's roof blown because of the cylinder exploding. There are chances of leakage when you have accidents.

btw, have you driven any Tata off-roaders(sierra,estate).They're sturdy and run on diesel.Have driven my dad's Tata pickup(207 DI) for a few hundred kilometers and love it.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:12 am

That is probably more an example of what happens when one uses substandard equipment to save a buck.

Never driven a Tata. A well maintained Sierra could be an option but I am only interested in the Gypsy at the moment.

Mack The Knife

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:26 pm

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="12858"]Would like some questions answered please.

Mack The Knife
Why dont u search for the original CNG kit by Maruti suzuki from some authorized dealer
i also heard from a friend of mine that u can get ur engine changed with a new toyota diesel engine for better mileage in Delhi.
by the way saw ur gypsy its beautiful
RUDRA

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:18 pm

for your doubts on LPG/CNG visit www.zeropollution.com i too have taken a kit from there for my esteem..
klick klack..... diskaon

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 pm

sorry guys..just checked.. the site is no longer available.. it was a very informative site regarding LPG and CNG.. owned my a mumbai based LPG dealer.

by the way i was told that the Esteem engine (Zen/Esteem/Gypsy King) refered to as the ACE engine is most suited to LPG conversion.

touch wood.. i ahve been getting about 9 - 10 mileage on LPG for the past two years. (with MY KIND OF DRIVING)

For a gypsy it could be in the line of 5-7 mileage on LPG. you get much better mileage on CNG but the maintainence is high after some time.

With LPG power loss is acceptable. You dont feel too underpowered.

LPG is a better choice, unless your in Delhi where CNG availability is very high.
klick klack..... diskaon

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:36 am

diskaon";p="25056 wrote:maintainence is high after some time.
Hi Diskaon,
can you please elaborate on this.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:06 pm

After using an CNG kit for about 50-60 K you need to overhaul the engine, which would cost a bomb. However, LPG can be used for atleast 1 lac km (Company claim only.. not tested)

My Esteem had done 55K (petrol only) when I bought it 2 years back and then as soon as I bought it i got the kit fitted at Mumbai. Now the odo has clocked 86K and touch wood no problems.

Avialability of LPG is better all India. Mumbai had just one CNG station and about 8 LPG stations. Bangalore has about 8 LPG stations that I know about.

I have attached a pic showing the LPG nozzle near the dikky. some ppl prefer to have it inside the dikky to hide the fact that its running on LPG.
klick klack..... diskaon

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 pm

One most important comparision point I missed out is the pressure..

CNG is at about 200 bar while LPG is stored at 6-8 bar (One bar = 1 atmosphere)

CNG is a highly compressed gas, prone to explosion. LPG is a liquified Gas, which ignites only in vapour state in a closed environment.. so smokers can safely drive LPG vehicles while CNG guys beware.

In case of LPG leakage no tension.. it will dissipate into the atmosphere.

Also, LPG is the future fuel, being able to be transported by trucks(tankers). CNG requires pipelines... The fact that CNG is so expensive to distribute attributes to the perenial flame you see in most videos of oil rigs.. what they are doing is based on the fact that "it cheaper to let it burn than transport it for some better use.." this has happened for the past so many decades.
klick klack..... diskaon

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 pm

Hey guys .. how come no remarks to my expert comments..
klick klack..... diskaon