Meeting a new IFG member, Trap Shooting & Handgun Purcha

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Meeting a new IFG member, Trap Shooting & Handgun Purcha

Post by conty1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:35 pm

So Mehul and I hooked up with Praveen (1911) yesterday. We met at the Naperville Sportsmans Club. Praveen fired his first round of trap. It was sort of a De Ja Vu without Inder :) Praveen owns a few handguns but this was his first exposure to long guns. I think he got a kick out of it.... pun intended. Actually, he was putting the shotgun butt on his biceps and didn't take him long to figure it out that it goes on the shoulder.

After that, we came back to my place and the guys got to see some of my hunting videos... including the First IFG Pheasant hunt in Indiana.

And then we went to Gander Mountain in Joliet. After a brief browsing, I bought myself a SIG Trailside. Now we're going to meet again this week when I go to pick up the gun and do some handgun shooting. Maybe Praveen will bring his big bores along.

Stories and Pictures later!!

All in all, a nice day and nice to make your acquaintance Praveen!!!

Amit.

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Amit, Congratulations on the new purchase. The SIG is a nice gun. I'm sure you'll like it. Don't buy ammo in bulk yet. Buy various kinds of ammo in small quantities and see what goes best. Then just stick with that.

mehulkamdar

Re: Meeting a new IFG member, Trap Shooting & Handgun Pu

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 pm

This is what happens when you come under the bad influence of the IFG crowd. :lol: Amit started out looking for a handgun in 22 for his wife to shoot and after trying the Walther P 22 and the SIG-Hammerli Trailside in stainless made his decision right in the sotre. The salesman was mroe than a little surprised when Amit said that he would take the Trailside - he was expecting us to be browsers and not buyers. In the end, Gander Mountain kept the store open for us well after their closing time though it was a Sunday.

We'll be shooting the little pistol and my MArlin this week and will have pics here for everyone. With a box of 500 rounds of WInchester Xperts at hand, this is fun I am looking forward to.

And Inder - when are you returning to join us? :)

nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nineteeneleven » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 am

It was wonderul meeting ya all guys..yesterday.

I had never handled a shotgun before yesterday and it was fun shooting trap...but not so much fun hurting my biceps. I had to spend a good amount of time at the gym working the damn muscles out....ouch!! Motrin and lots of amrutanjan also has gone into it.

I will get my 10mm and some hot loads this week for the handgun shooting. I'm now so much hooked onto the 10mm...that I don't feel like shooting the .45 anymore. What happened to me? .45 used to be my fav caliber until a few months ago. Damn, things change fast.

I'm now eyeing the Colta Delta Elite....but it's hard to find at a good price.

-Praveen

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 am

Fantastic.Look forward to the pictures.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:17 am

Congrats Amit

I saw a trailside stainless on sale for $600ish and I was thinking about you..actually I was going to post on Mitchell .22 pistol..seems to be very well put pistol.

Have fun...

1911 -- I can relate to shoulder pains after my first day out..

Rgds

NG

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:29 am

Amit,

Enjoy your new gun and tell us about it.

Praveen,

I hope your company can convince Mehul about how much fun handguns can be.

Cheers and have fun,
penpusher

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Gr888 Buddy, Congrats for your new purchase Amit, So there will be a big IFG group when i visit next. Mehul, If you ask me I ll come today but I think I have to wait for some time :(.

Great guys keep doing it.

-Inder

PS: Hey Amit, when are you posting IFG hunt video?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:45 pm

Inder,

The video is still a WIP. Sorry... but my India trip has thrown a lot of things off schedule.

It's coming soon... dont worry :)

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.