Trip 4x4

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Trip 4x4

Post by danish21 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 pm

These photos are of IFG member from Dubai Shahid Ahmad. He is sitting in his Prado.

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Trip 4x4

Post by danish21 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 pm

more dessert safari in dubai photos

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:16 pm

photo

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:51 am

Nice wheels Shahid.. :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:10 am

Hey Danish ..

Thats some awesome pics, and brings back fresh memories of back home ( Dubai ) .. Have gone thru desert safaris quite a few times with my cousins and fiance and also thru Net Tours . Some of them perform real deadly stunts on the dunes where the vehicle is made to stand almost 180 ' .. :shock: ..How do we paste pics and videos here..think i must be having some on my digi from my recent Dubai trip ..

Jumy.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:35 am

Some of them perform real deadly stunts on the dunes where the vehicle is made to stand almost 180 degrees.
Do they do Victory Rolls as well?

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:41 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="10477 wrote:
Some of them perform real deadly stunts on the dunes where the vehicle is made to stand almost 180 degrees.
Do they do Victory Rolls as well?

Mack The Knife
At 180 deg,it's already doing one :lol: Skid Shooter strikes again :lol: :lol:

Jumq,

Go for 360 deg. next time and if your vehicle can,you will know the true identity of Skid Shooter,for he will be the driver :D

penpusher

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:21 pm

Pix of Desert Safari and like one sees, we didnt really have a great driver to try stunts without having sunk in the dunes .. :wink:

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:26 pm

Hey Danish..

Got videos as well of the Safari .. are we allowed to paste direct video that can be viewed thru Media files ..! Around 10,022KB is the size of the file ..

Jumy.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:52 pm

jumq";p="10490 wrote:Got videos as well of the Safari .. are we allowed to paste direct video that can be viewed thru Media files ..! Around 10,022KB is the size of the file ..
Jumy,

Best you host the video on another site such as Photobucket and then post a link to it here.

Using a small boards bandwidth for videos and too many pictures may be overburdening it a bit.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:01 am

You can also try rapidshare
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 am

On high sand dunes, these Landcruisers can doa 45 degree climb and manage a descent upto 60 degrees. A descent of anything over this the vehicle will roll over, the thrsehold for Landcruisers is 67 degrees and that is the limit. At 60 deg descent too a very carweful and controlled drive has to be made in low transfer case gears. A 180 degree thing is for sure nothing but a 'skid roll'

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:37 pm

Two videos of Jumy's desert safari... posting them on her behalf. Click the pictures to view:-

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Last edited by mundaire on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Jumy,

Thanks for the video's.Lot's of skid shooting going on.This time with a video camera :lol: Seems like you were being thrown around in the vehicle.Might I suggest that the next time you film from the front seat.Also focus ahead and the video would come out much more stable.Does the camera have an image stabiliser?If yes,what sort of image stabiliser does it have.Do ensure that it's switched on.All in all a good effort considering the conditions in which it was shot.The sign of a good photographer is that he/she never stops the camera from rolling and never let's go of it.

Do remember an old photo taken by one of the son's of the Maharaja of Patiala of his brother's single seater plane crashing into the ground,taken at the point of impact.The pilot (the photographers brother) had his hands in the air and mouth open in anticipation of the impact.Since the phtographer could not do anything to stop the plane from crashing, he just kept on shooting.

penpusher

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:44 am

Another pic of Shahid Ahmad