Trip 4x4

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:53 am

nice video and photo jumpq and shahid..seat belts should be a must..In US they have off road vehicles with monster tires really popular down south

cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:52 am

Shahid,

How often do you have to hoover the interiors to get rid of all that sand that must be coming in via the soles of your shoes/sandals?

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Re: Trip 4x4

Post by penpusher » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:39 pm

Like one Sheikh to another,while discussing their harem's said,"The same is the problem with all of mine.Damn sand gets into everything" :lol:

penpusher

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 pm

I have special sandcatcher Bushranger mats. ANd most of the time I drive with the airconditioning on. Landcruiser A/C is really powerful. Just one is enough for the entire car.

Sand does come in, but it doesn't sit in there like dust or mud. You can simply brush it off or use a small hand held rechargeable or car battery operated Vacuum cleaner.

In my case usually after every 2 to 3 trips this Landcruiser Prado goes for a Valet job where they thorougly clean the inside and outside of the car. Otherwise the cleaners in my building too manage to do a fair job every Saturday morning. Most of my Desert trips are on Fridays.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks.

Must Google Bushranger sandcatcher mats and have a look at them.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 am

Oh its just simple rubber stuff, but of a good grade and finish. There are symetric channels in between to accumulate the sand. It is sold in most off road shops in Dubai and our own workshop for dubai4x4.com members which is Robbie Singh's Performance Garage.

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:37 am

Abhijeet -

Thanks for pasting the video , didnt realise it till i happen to browse thru this section that the job was done from your end ages ago .. :)

penpusher -

Shall certianly keep your suggestion in mind while boarding my next trip on dunes . Generally during safaris, i prefer seeking the comfort of the back seat , its somehow more safe and sound and ensures me out in one peice after the bumpy ride ..lol..and one roller coaster ride it is .not sure of the stabiliser but shall check it up, it was a regular Olympus digi . And not sure of the video u mentioned abt Maharaja of Patiala, if its still there in the forum, would u care to send me the link, would love to check it up, if nothing else, to enhance my video-ing skills..lol. The only Maharajah snapshots i recollect viewing were those posted eons ago where a kid stood victriously with a rifle and a leg over what seemed a lion/leopard ..

Shahid ..

U got a wonderful vehicle out there .. :) looks nice and rugged for our Dubai dunes .

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:04 pm

Jumq,

I have always found that you get thrown around more when you are sitting in the second row and less so when you are sitting next to the driver.Reg the photo(it's a photo and not a video) it was shopt by one of the many sons of Bhupinder Singh,the then Maharaja of Patiala.Don't know if I wiil be able to find out from where to get it now.Saw it a long long time ago,probably in a borrowed book.

penpusher