Indian businessman is weapons maker for Hollywood

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Sahibabad: On the outskirts of New Delhi, in a cramped concrete workshop where the air shimmers with the light of welding torches, an Indian businessman has become a master craftsman of Napoleonic swords. And medieval chain mail armor. And World War II hand grenades and helmets.

From Hollywood war movies to Japanese Samurai films to battle re-enactments across Europe, Ashok Rai, 31, is one of the world's go-to men for historic weapons and battle attire.

Mr Rai's workshop reverberates with the sounds of metal being hammered and beaten into chain mail, swords, axes, muskets, sabers, spears and helmets.

Mr Rai, a trapshooting enthusiast, says he has been a history buff since childhood.

"I would watch every war movie that came to town. All my life, I've been reading up on all the major battles in history. Now when we make medieval battle gear it's easy for me to explain to my craftsmen exactly what's to be done."

He dove into the business at age 17, when he heard a French champagne-maker needed 1,000 swords to give away as souvenirs.

Mr Rai, whose father had a small factory making tourist handicrafts, travelled to the northern city of Amritsar, the holy city of the Sikh religion, to find sword-makers to make the replicas.

Here is the link to the complete article http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/india ... herstories
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

For Advertising mail webmaster
varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Indian businessman is weapons maker for Hollywood

Post by varunik » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:06 am

nice pic they got there!
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

Tourblanche
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Tourblanche » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 am

What is the name of the company ?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:55 am

The name of the company appears to be Indian Handicrafts and Textiles Syndicate and its subsidiary appears to be Historical Reproductions GmbH. ballistol.in also appears to be owned by same Ashok Rai.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

FarryBoy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by FarryBoy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi friends I am a fresher on this site ... well nice to hear such talented ppl exist .. i guess the gov should make such talented ppl the managers and directors of our gov gun factories .. then see the diff in the quality ..