Fenix lights - interest closed, not importing

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Fenix line of LED flashlights - interest check

Post by gunrunner » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:59 pm

striker wrote:i have personally used britelite led ,rechargable flashlite and they are the best that i have seen , worth every penny , very sharp long rang light that you will not get at this price in any fenix or other flashlites.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 am

Hello All,

eljefe: I am glad to find someone who knows what I am talking about!

Guns, Knives and Flashlights have always been an inseparable combination. Almost everyone here is familiar with Guns, a few have a passion for Knives ( I have noted Subal Das and Mack The Knife) then I do not understand why Flashlights have been left out.

I guess it is left up to me to share my knowledge.

First of all: I do not sell these flashlights and am not any company’s sales rep. I am here and discussing this as this is just one of my personal interests.

When we are discussing about the very best we are of course not talking about economics. When the makers make the very best they leave no stone unturned in the quality and performance of the product and the buyers have to agree to pay the price to get the product.

This is the same league as the Desert Eagle, or the Hummer or the Chris Reeves or Strider knives and the price tag which accompanies these is to be expected.

gunrunner and striker: We must agree to disagree!

I have done enough talking. A picture is worth a thousand words and I will let the pictures do the talking.

I am not the photographer here and have just borrowed the images although I own both of the flashlights. These are the best of both worlds: the AA and the 2 X CR123A’s. Enjoy!!

The Fenix TK40

The Surefire LX2 Lumamax

LX2-HA-WH
The LX2 is a compact dual-output flashlight featuring a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitter, a Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens, and a smooth fluted body design that takes it easy on clothing. The LX2's tactically-correct two-stage pushbutton tailcap switch lets you instantly select output level: press for a momentary-on 15-lumen long-runtime low beam suitable for general night use or close work; press further for a momentary-on 200-lumen high beam—ten times the light of a big two-D-cell flashlight; twist for constant-on low beam, twist further for constant-on high beam.
Features
• Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
• Two output levels—high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
• TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
• Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
• High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
• Two-stage tactical tailcap switch—press for momentary-on low, press further for high, twist for constant-on at either level
• Two-way clip permits light to be carried bezel up or down
• Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
• Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life

Please post your comments!

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Rajat,
This indeed is a good product.
The light thrown by such a compact unit is surely amazing.
Happy Gunning.
GR

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

*** Thread Closed ***

Post by choombak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Due to the less number of commitments, and unnecessary hijack of my thread, I am no longer working on importing Fenix. You can get them from multiple dealers, including 4Sevens., for retail prices though.

It is also general manners on foums to start new thread, instead of polluting some other thread with "pearls of wisdom", that the thread does not require. :evil:

-Amarendra

--
Peak 1xAAA Matterhorn, warm, cool, red, Peak 1xAAA Matterhorn Brass, JetBeam Jet-I Pro, Fenix E01, Fenix L2T v2.0, Arc AAA, Arc AAA Titanium, Peak El Capitan 1xAA, Gerber Trio, Olight T15.

-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm --
Rajat wrote:Hello All,
Sure, a noble idea. Would appreciate if you start a new thread - this will also give you more visibility.

-Amarendra

xp860923
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Fenix lights - interest closed, not importing

Post by xp860923 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:06 pm

**** Please see http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 49#p118649 - Moderator***

Hi everybody,

This is Peter from Fenixlight Limited, if any one who interested in or inquiry of the Fenix flashlight, just feel free to contact me.

Yes, Rajat is very professional person who are good at flashlight industry, we are welcome all the customers to talk about Flashlight here.
It is just a club for collecting all the flashholics in India.

Cheers. :D

Peter

-- Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:07 pm --
choombak wrote:Due to the less number of commitments, and unnecessary hijack of my thread, I am no longer working on importing Fenix. You can get them from multiple dealers, including 4Sevens., for retail prices though.

It is also general manners on foums to start new thread, instead of polluting some other thread with "pearls of wisdom", that the thread does not require. :evil:

-Amarendra

--
Peak 1xAAA Matterhorn, warm, cool, red, Peak 1xAAA Matterhorn Brass, JetBeam Jet-I Pro, Fenix E01, Fenix L2T v2.0, Arc AAA, Arc AAA Titanium, Peak El Capitan 1xAA, Gerber Trio, Olight T15.

-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm --
Rajat wrote:Hello All,
Sure, a noble idea. Would appreciate if you start a new thread - this will also give you more visibility.

-Amarendra

Hi Amarendra,

You know a lot of Fenix flashlight.

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Since Peter himself has posted, I would like to introduce him to you folks. Peter works with Fenix, and is looking at the sales and marketing angles of the business. I have interacted with him in the past, and our interactions were reasonably good. If anyone of you would like to contact Fenix directly - Peter is the go-to guy. 8)

-Amarendra

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:55 pm

xp860923 wrote:Hi everybody,

This is Peter from Fenixlight Limited, if any one who interested in or inquiry of the Fenix flashlight, just feel free to contact me.

Yes, Rajat is very professional person who are good at flashlight industry, we are welcome all the customers to talk about Flashlight here.

Peter
Thanks Peter, I just know a bit about flashlights as I am quite interested in flashlights and collect and review these off and on and on the way I learnt a bit about the lights. And thanks again for posting your mail address. We will definitely contact you if we have any query for Fenix now.

Let me tell you this: All of you guys at Fenix are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

Please introduce yourself along with all your details in the introductions section of Indians for Guns. I am sure that you will find many interested members here.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Choombak,
While you may feel that your thread was hijacked, it is obvious from some of the responses received, that many people had no idea what you were talking about when you mentioned Fenix flashlights.
Rajat's informative posts might have actually shed some light ( :D ) on the subject and might have introduced some new people to the joy of modern flashlights and weapon-lights. It might have actually got more people to place an order with you once they knew what to expect.

Unless they have seen some of today's high intensity flashlights, many will find it hard to believe that so much power can come in such a small package. Also unless they have been on the receiving end of Fenix or SureFire, they would find it hard to believe how disorientating an experience it can be.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

xp860923
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by xp860923 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 am

**** Please see http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 49#p118649 - Moderator***
Rajat wrote:
xp860923 wrote:Hi everybody,

Peter
Thanks Peter, I just know a bit about flashlights as I am quite interested in flashlights and collect and review these off and on and on the way I learnt a bit about the lights. And thanks again for posting your mail address. We will definitely contact you if we have any query for Fenix now.

Let me tell you this: All of you guys at Fenix are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

Please introduce yourself along with all your details in the introductions section of Indians for Guns. I am sure that you will find many interested members here.

Hi Rajat,

This is Peter from Fenix, the website is http://www.fenixlight.com.
I am working for the Fenix sales and marketing for India market.
and I am an enthusiast of EDC gear, police and military gears, etc.
I am sure there are many interested members have the same type of interest with me.
As high intensity LED flashlight is very new to India market, many people are not so familiar with this, so very few people in Indian forums talking about this products like Candle Power Forum in US - http://www.candlepowerforums.com. that is a club for flashholics. check it out by yourself.

BTW, if anybody who are interested in high intensity LED flashlight, there are many English website are talking about this:
Please logo onto http://www.flashlightreviews.com, http://www.flashlightnews.com, you guys will find many good reviews for flashlight.

Peter

Antony
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Antony » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 am

:agree: Fenix flashlights are really awesome,good quality.good service~ I like them`

-- Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 am --

see this comparation between Fenix and Surefire
.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:04 am

I'm looking to buy LD30 265 Max Lumens cost about usd 65
and mount it this way on Condor

what about Ultrafire C8 CREE MCE LED 390 Lumen

it pump out 390 lumens and cost usd30-40

one more question, what is benefit of red light filter adapter
can it be used with night vision scope.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

xp860923
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by xp860923 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 am

Subal das wrote:I'm looking to buy LD30 265 Max Lumens cost about usd 65

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

the Red filter adapter mounted on flashlight , it provide a red light beam to track the blood on ground, red filter adapter mainly used by hunters or military person. Hope this information finds you well.
Fenix provide red filter for LD-series , PD-series, and TK-series flashlight, and Fenix offer Green filter and Blue filter for TK-series either which can be used for fishing or hunting either.

Peter
http://www.fenixlight.com

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Subal,

To the best of my knowledge LD 30 does not exist or has been discontinued. Sure you can go for any other flashlight from Fenix, Surefire, Olight, Ultrafire or any other that you may like or suits your needs. Many of these also sell mounts for guns too.

Also bear in mind that apart from a few established companies the others are known for inflating their lumen output and rating it at the maximum output of the emitter / LED and not necessarily the maximum output of the flashlight. So watch out!

Ok now this is an interesting question: What is the significance of different light colours of a flashlight?

Here you go:

Coloured LED lights have many uses starting from recreational to professional uses. Most of the coloured lights are great for preserving ones night vision. This has got something to do with the spectrum of colours that the human eye can identify at night etc.

The Red LED: I disagree with peter on this. The red Led is used primarily to preserve ones night vision and is put to use by hunters, police and the military for this use rather than blood tracking. It cuts through smoke better than white light and, with the exception of red lines and marks on maps and charts, it makes reading in low, or no, light possible. Police and military units like the red LED for night operations because it will not interfere with night vision technology and cannot easily be picked up by other people. Hunters use the red filter to avoid spooking game during predawn hours - deer see poorly in the red color spectrum

Blue LED: Is good for map or chart reading in situations where night vision (as it cuts out the glare), and avoiding detection, are important. It is the Blue light which is helpful in locating blood and other bodily fluids at crime scenes or during search and rescue operations. Hunters also find the blue light helpful to track wounded game at night because blood stands out more distinctly against foliage when viewed under blue light. Apart from the blue LEDs therea re specialized lights built for tracking too.

Green LED: Preferred by hunters and fishermen because it is a very soft light that will not spook their prey. Green also does not attract insects like white or yellow light does. It is not easily picked up, unless looking directly at it, so it is useful in covert operations. It is another color that is useful in smoke filled environments.

Ultraviolet lights:There are many uses for this type of light: to detect counterfeit money, art, and antiques, It can bring out hidden messages and enhances neon and fluorescent colors. Ultraviolet lights can be used to recharge luminescent objects like fishing lures, watch faces, compass needles, SAR signals, etc.

Infrared Lights: It is these that are used most commonly with the night vision devices. Interestingly export of flashlights with this technology is prohibited in the U.S. of A and any attempt to do so is heavily fined. It is not clear if you can carry these with you out of the US on a plane. Probably you can. I am not sure of this.

Surefire and Inova are two great manufactures who offer multi spectrum flashlights but for others you have readily available adapters.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:06 am

Rajat wrote:

Subal,

To the best of my knowledge LD 30 does not exist or has been discontinued. Sure you can go for any other flashlight from Fenix, Surefire, Olight, Ultrafire or any other that you may like or suits your needs. Many of these also sell mounts for guns too.

Also bear in mind that apart from a few established companies the others are known for inflating their lumen output and rating it at the maximum output of the emitter / LED and not necessarily the maximum output of the flashlight. So watch out!

Ok now this is an interesting question: What is the significance of different light colours of a flashlight?

Here you go:

Coloured LED lights have many uses starting from recreational to professional uses. Most of the coloured lights are great for preserving ones night vision. This has got something to do with the spectrum of colours that the human eye can identify at night etc.

The Red LED: I disagree with peter on this. The red Led is used primarily to preserve ones night vision and is put to use by hunters, police and the military for this use rather than blood tracking. It cuts through smoke better than white light and, with the exception of red lines and marks on maps and charts, it makes reading in low, or no, light possible. Police and military units like the red LED for night operations because it will not interfere with night vision technology and cannot easily be picked up by other people. Hunters use the red filter to avoid spooking game during predawn hours - deer see poorly in the red color spectrum

Blue LED: Is good for map or chart reading in situations where night vision (as it cuts out the glare), and avoiding detection, are important. It is the Blue light which is helpful in locating blood and other bodily fluids at crime scenes or during search and rescue operations. Hunters also find the blue light helpful to track wounded game at night because blood stands out more distinctly against foliage when viewed under blue light. Apart from the blue LEDs therea re specialized lights built for tracking too.

Green LED: Preferred by hunters and fishermen because it is a very soft light that will not spook their prey. Green also does not attract insects like white or yellow light does. It is not easily picked up, unless looking directly at it, so it is useful in covert operations. It is another color that is useful in smoke filled environments.

Ultraviolet lights:There are many uses for this type of light: to detect counterfeit money, art, and antiques, It can bring out hidden messages and enhances neon and fluorescent colors. Ultraviolet lights can be used to recharge luminescent objects like fishing lures, watch faces, compass needles, SAR signals, etc.

Infrared Lights: It is these that are used most commonly with the night vision devices. Interestingly export of flashlights with this technology is prohibited in the U.S. of A and any attempt to do so is heavily fined. It is not clear if you can carry these with you out of the US on a plane. Probably you can. I am not sure of this.

Surefire and Inova are two great manufactures who offer multi spectrum flashlights but for others you have readily available adapters.
thanks for such nice explanation.

after researching I found what seem like perfect solution, what do you think

OLIGHT T20 XR-E Q5 LED FLASHLIGHT 205 lumens BLACK
http://cgi.ebay.com/OLIGHT-T20-XR-E-Q5- ... 2c5869bfbf

OLIGHT TACTICAL GUN MOUNT FOR T20 SERIES FLASHLIGHT NEW
http://cgi.ebay.com/OLIGHT-TACTICAL-GUN ... 51960a584c

very nice mount so light can be on side near the scope.

OLIGHT GREEN FILTER FOR T SERIES & INFINITUM FLASHLIGHT
http://cgi.ebay.com/OLIGHT-GREEN-FILTER ... 51960a7a51
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Olight is not as well known as Surefire, Fenix, Streamlight, Inova or Pelican but is in the same league as their flashlights are well built and are quality products.

You can go in for this.

Just a point that should be noted: The T20 uses CR123A batteries which cost approx Rs. 150 each (Duracell etc). So for two it will cost Rs. 300 for 1.5 hours at 205 lumens.

So note that it is not a general household use flashlight and is meant for "Tactical" :D use. I laugh because probably this is the most overused word in the American dictionary.

You do have other flashlights that give 180-200 lumens on AA cells but probably you will not get gun mounts for these easily.

Lithium CR123A's have great advantages over the regular AA batteries.

But anyway for mounting on your gun this is will be a good choice.

You will have to check to see if a rechargeable 18650 battery can be used with this or not. Another option is rechargeable CR123A's but these are frowned upon as there are chances of the batteries exploding in the flashlight, if these are not of a good make (rechargeable or otherwise), since these flashlights are high drain devices.

-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:24 pm --

OOps! I almost forgot to mention that in weapon mounted lights an essential component is a pressure switch. See picture of the pressure switch for the T20

You have to remove the tailcap and screw this on instead. The switch can be held in either hand against the body of the rifle (in between) and if you tighten your grip on the gun it will sense the pressure and the light will turn on and and upon loosening the grip it will turn off.

You cannot keep a light ON always on a weapon. You might need to flash it on and off as and when required.

If you are under threat you cannot make a mistake and fiddle with the switches on the flashlight or keep the light switched on at all times.