.30 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

.30 pistol

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:42 pm

I am intrested in .30 pistol is there any problem if i own one,as i was speaking to one of the dealers in UP he told at some places they do not allow .30 pistol according to the dealer they get the Chines pistol from army officers which will come around 4lac in very good condition and .30 mauser in 2.50lac ,I am planning to sell my .32 Cobra colt is it worth selling my Colt and buying .30 pistol,please advice.
Regards
Dr Narendra Yadav
Regarding 250 Savage ammo

For Advertising mail webmaster
hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:01 pm

Doc, .30 bore pistol comes under N.P.Bore catogery in our country as per arms act. And the ammo is 7.62 x 25 mm & 7.63 mm .The 32 bore which is 7.65 mm is bigger in diameter than the .30 I even had a conversation with a dealer once and he said if the pistol is covered under vouches then its ok to purchase. Lets see what other members has to say about this ?
HK,

penpusher

Re: .30 pistol

Post by penpusher » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Dr Yadav,

The firearms allotted to armed forces officers ,also called NSP firearms can't be sold by the allottee and after their death are supposed to be returned.However armed forces officers have been selling these firearms and so Army HQ has issued a fresh letter re-emphasizing that NSP firearms can't be sold.

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Sidhu what about the licencees who has already purchased the .30 pistols from such officers either directly or through dealer ? any standing orders for this.?
HK.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:42 pm

hi doctor.its better not to go for NSP guns as they may create problems in future.better hang on to your cobra colt.i know some people in AP who have mauser rifles of this category and worried as they paid around 1L some 4 years back..moreover,.32 ammo compared to .30 would be definitely cheap :)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:09 pm

penpusher";p="43192 wrote: Dr Yadav,

The firearms allotted to armed forces officers ,also called NSP firearms can't be sold by the allottee and after their death are supposed to be returned.However armed forces officers have been selling these firearms and so Army HQ has issued a fresh letter re-emphasizing that NSP firearms can't be sold.
penpusher AFAIK this ill thought out and short lived caveat been has done away with... the logic being that they have been sold (even if at highly discounted rates) and NOT leased therefore they are the property of the purchaser and he is free to dispose of them as he may deem fit. If there are conditions attached to the firearm in question these conditions must be stamped/ entered on the license, if not there should be no problem whatsoever.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:37 pm

At last some common sense prevailed

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:43 am

Dr Yadav

Stick with Colt cobra a known thing vs a Chinese / Dara Stuff. Plus .32 ammo is more readily available than .30 and practice shooting.

So is your revolver like this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Cobra ... l_revolver

Best

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 am

Hi, If you are really intreasted i can speak to one of my friend ,,he is selling his pistol,,The pictures are attached below:

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:24 am

Dr. saab trading a colt cobra for a chi com pistol is a big no no for me if i were in your place. Colt cobra is a very beautiful revolver with such a smooth action and beautiful lines, moreover it can chamber a round which you have domestically available, you can practice with cheaper rounds and for SD,somebody on forum mentioned that Mgsafe is available out there. there is nothing wrong with tt33 as they are very reliable gun which is available at the fraction of the cost of other brand names. it is so well designed that our local made copies which are some times seriously out of tolerance keep shooting.
this model and its variant covers the 80% of handgun licenses on our side. i have seen people selling beautiful revolvers and pistols of brand name to get local made TT on their license. i once witnessed a person who exchanged his colt 1903 with a local brand of TT33. the price dealer offered for his colt was 2200/ and TT 33 copy was sold at 8000/. that colt latter followed me home at a hefty price tag of 3500/ :twisted:. not to mention how many webley, arminius, LLama, Star are traded so.
there is nothing wrong with the TT33 as a handgun design,very simple, very reliable but the ammunition is not considered as a good self defense round which is notorious for over penetration.
i have seen some very interesting TT33 local made variants even one in 45 ACP, which goes to armorer after every two to three magazines and its locking lugs were turned on lathe to almost a plain type barrel and with a very heavy recoil spring it was turned to Blow back design but owner still fired it and offered me to check it which i declined.

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Badshah your friend got a very unique pistol as from pictures it is marked with Ceska Zbrojovka marking and i never heard any CZ made TT33 as all i know they came up with there own design which is called CZ52. all i know that Yugoslavia,Poland, Romania,China, Hungary made TT33 but you learn something new everyday.
Thanks & regards

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Abhijeet,

All new MSP firearms issued by COD Jabalpur carry this note that these cannot be sold or transferred. In Delhi a NSP firearms is endorsed on the licence and it has a condition stamped on it that it cannot be sold or transferred.

Dr. Yadav,

U sell such a beautiful revolver to buy this 30 Pistol ..........I would have never even thought of doing it myself nor would I have ever suggested any body to do the same.

AC

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Yadav, some bedpan mechanic is offering advice true to his ilk!
keep that beauty of a revolver.
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Thanks every one i will keep the revolver Badshah thanks for the pics ,ngrewal the barrel is 3 1/2 inc of my revolver rest is same,it was bought by my father in 1972 in Rs6400 i still have the bill and only fired 14rounds.

Once again thanks every one.

Regards

Dr Narendra

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:50 pm

badshah please check ur PM.

regards

Dr Narendra