Modification of IOF .22 LR

Posts related to rifles.
denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Modification of IOF .22 LR

Post by denzilmatthew » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi,

Recently brought this .22 LR IOF though it has been purchased from a person who has not fired a single short and all the alteration has been done after I purchased the Rifle.
Pics are attached.

Last edited by denzilmatthew on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Modification of IOF .22 LR

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:12 pm

Very nice looking!

How did you handle the cheek piece on the stock and also it looks like you changed at least the front sight, could you elaborate on the replacement sight in case someone wishes to follow in your footsteps?

Now all you need to do is clean up that primitive checkering and make it really presentable! <G>
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:44 am

Very good job Denzil. Please elaborate on the work done. Maybe step by step instructions.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:04 am

very nice job :) i think a scope will complete the job :)

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi,

The front sight pics are there for you but for the step by step detail modification you have to contact danish as he helped me out for all this. He even tappered the barrel also (reduced the thickness of the barrel) so that the rifle becomes light weight. So all the credit goes to Mr. Danish. He is very helpful.

Regarding the Scope I am searching the right scope for the rifle but present I will be using it with open sight.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Mark";p="39557 wrote:How did you handle the cheek piece on the stock and also it looks like you changed at least the front sight, could you elaborate on the replacement sight in case someone wishes to follow in your footsteps?
There was not much wood remaining in the original stock so i decided to make the stock without cheek piece. The front sight is totally hand made by a friend of mine who is one of the best gunsmith of eastern U.P. He is very good in carving iron and does a very neat job.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 pm

Today Mr. Matthew came to take this rifle and we went to test the rifle's accuracy, he shot a few shots on the target and the results were impressive.

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi Danish,

The work was super and the accuracy is very good I'll be posting the pic of target used at 25 M and 50 M. We had a lovely ride that evening not much time was left as I have to catch my train.

Danish hepled me a lot for modifying the Rifle and no words for your friend who has done this superb job. He is really a best gunsmith.

Regards,

Denzil

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:50 pm

denzilmatthew";p="40402 wrote:The work was super and the accuracy is very good I'll be posting the pic of target used at 25 M and 50 M. We had a lovely ride that evening not much time was left as I have to catch my train.
Thanks Denzil, Try both KF and imported cartridges and then let me know the result.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:35 pm

denzilmatthew";p="40402 wrote: the accuracy is very good I'll be posting the pic of target used at 25 M and 50 M. We had a lovely ride that evening not much time was left as I have to catch my train. denzil
HI! AFAIK the accuracy of your Rifle should remain unchanged as no work was done to accurise or on the innards of the rifle. Properly bedded it should shoot exactly as it was from IOF pre this cosmetic job. Anyways just wanted to tell you nice cosmetic job - as far as accuracy is concerned even my unmodified IOF shoots great ;) BTW you might want to check out my post on the Titanium gunworks LED sight- Superb sight and even more super show off effect with the glowing fronsight blade !
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:09 pm

shutzen";p="40432 wrote:AFAIK the accuracy of your Rifle should remain unchanged as no work was done to accurise or on the innards of the rifle. Properly bedded it should shoot exactly as it was from IOF pre this cosmetic job.
Front sight has been changed, thats why shooting on traget is required to check the accuracy.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:19 pm

danish21";p="40444 wrote: Front sight has been changed, thats why shooting on traget is required to check the accuracy.
Well! Since the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation I dont think you should have any problem. If your gunsmith kept the height of the foresight the same as the orignal one you dont even need to make any adjustments! I dont know why he went to the trouble of having a dovetail slider windage adjustable front sight - thats usually used in rifles which dont have the windage adjusjustment on the rear sight - like the .315 here you drift the fronsight leaf to correct windage . Anyways have fun ;)
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:35 pm

good job, so, there's still hope for IOF 22.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi shutzen,

Do let me know about the Titanium gunworks LED sight. How you get that as I also want it for my rifle and also post some pics if possible.

Regards,

Denzil

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Denzil,
look at pillar bedding it to squeeze the optimum accuracy out...

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."