tribute to gun gurus

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: tribute to gun gurus

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:53 am

TwoRivers wrote:Winnie,

can you explain your comments? Since the barrel is fixed, how could shortened slide rails affect accuracy? And "timing"? It's still a blowback, despite its looks.
1.The barrel is not fixed to the frame.

2.Though it is still a blowback,the increased mass of the slide should reduce the recoil impulse and this might change the way it ejects an empty cartridge and chambers a new round. All in theory off course.In real life it may not make that much of a difference.But the thing is that here,this is going to be primary weapon of defence for the owner.Why mess with it in a may that 'might' affect reliability.

What I would count as an improvement would be if some were to put in a new sear,disconnector bar and hammer roller.Also a new barrel with lugs cut properly to fit the frame.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:40 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
TwoRivers wrote:Winnie,

can you explain your comments? Since the barrel is fixed, how could shortened slide rails affect accuracy? And "timing"? It's still a blowback, despite its looks.
1.The barrel is not fixed to the frame.

2.Though it is still a blowback,the increased mass of the slide should reduce the recoil impulse and this might change the way it ejects an empty cartridge and chambers a new round. All in theory off course.In real life it may not make that much of a difference.But the thing is that here,this is going to be primary weapon of defence for the owner.Why mess with it in a may that 'might' affect reliability.

What I would count as an improvement would be if some were to put in a new sear,disconnector bar and hammer roller.Also a new barrel with lugs cut properly to fit the frame.
1. Winnie, it is fixed in the sense that it has no mechanical function, i.e locking, and stays fixed during operation, even if the attachment lugs aren't "cut properly", and it may wobble a bit.
2.All that MAY just smooth out the operation and make for better follow through by smoothing out and decreasing recoil, and a quicker second shot.

Last but not least, if you gotta pimp 'em, do it tastefully (done here); and make sure it works as well as it did before, or better. For which we hope. I know where you are coming from, a lot of money spent on deceptive cosmetics, without mention of improvements to reliability and function. Cheers.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:49 am

Awesoe, Hope it shoots as well as it looks. Vinay can you please post some groups shot with this beauty.

I am sure its going to look million bucks if properly blued, chrome is a bit loud IMHO offcourse. who ever did this job going to get rich pretty soon :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Vinay,

This is a wonderful job! Care to tell us who is your gunsmith? Is he based out of D. Dun too? Maybe one could require his services sometime! :idea:
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

thebrowningeffect
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thebrowningeffect » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Excellent job Vinay. Keep up the good work.
”An armed society is a polite society.”
~Robert Heinlein~

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Wont a modification like that cause problems with the renewal of your license. Which would be endorsed for the ashani, and the pistol looks nothing like one.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Good Job Vinay.
The IOF guys can take some tips from you. :D

MoA wrote:Wont a modification like that cause problems with the renewal of your license. Which would be endorsed for the ashani, and the pistol looks nothing like one.
Not at all.
As long as the number on the weapon (in this case RP-128600) remains the same.

vinay singh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vinay singh » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi friends,
the gun smith is in doon only,as of handling is concerned ,i would only like to say that i have shot quite a few rounds with this pistol and i didnt find any difference albiet the shooting has become more smooth.
I opted for chrome finishing because i was not sure of the slide coming out very smooth(the extended part would have different compositon as to the slide)but this is my opinion only.
i got the magzine done also (got a follower inserted) it took care of the feeding and extracting issues as one of my learned friend pointed out.i would post some pictures of the magzine also.
In the end i just want to say that it was a small effort from my side to make ashani look more presentable and hope some day iof guys would do the same .
regards
vinay singh

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:03 pm

hi vinay i want to know one thing where is the main spring it is still around the barrel or its gone under the barrel like in original llama and what about adding ventelater rib on slide in your opinion.in llamma ventilator there is small indicator for loaded chamber and one more thing what about magzine safety i mean when magzine is out in original asahni hammer will not fall is it still present.i just asked because when i was looking for button release mag they told safety will be removed and i refused for modification.i have seen an accident when a bullet was in chamber and magzine was taken out and the person who was inspecting gun pulled trigger and bang the bullet broke his knee it was a human error but would have been avoided if pistol had magzine safety thanks

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Vinay Bhai good job.. iam calling on u tomorrow as im in doon tomorrow.Never thought it could turn out this good when u had told me of this project. Keep a few rounds ready as i am for sure shooting a couple from this gun.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:19 am

miracles do happen...........fantabulous. :wink:

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 am

That looks like a very well done cosmetic transformation. captrakshitsharma, it would be good to hear your impressions of how well it worked (when you try it out).

As for the mention of a magazine safety, remember the four rules of gun safety. Treating a firearm in any other way is just asking for trouble. Relying on a magazine safety to keep you safe is not a good policy. The person who shot himself, broke all four rules of firearms safety and paid for it.

1. All guns are always loaded.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Always be sure of your target (and what is behind it).

One cannot stress these enough. If you do not know these rules or break even one of them while handling firearms, someone is most likely going to get hurt.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

thebrowningeffect
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thebrowningeffect » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks xl. I will always keep these rules in my mind. :cheers:
”An armed society is a polite society.”
~Robert Heinlein~

vinay singh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vinay singh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:40 am

hi rakshit buddy,
good to hear from you,you are welcome as always.

thanks saahil and i hope this time the front does not look like llamashani :D
As far as cosmetic changes are concerened i had never found something seriously wrong with the handling of this pistol
apart from the mag design ,regarding the jamming ,most of the times it was due to faulty ammo.regardless of that i have made some changes in the mag design also and now the problem of feeding is reolved .THE COSMETIC CHANGE came because i didnt like the shape hence the modification .

regards
vinay

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Vinay Singh,
A posters tone does not carry well in a forum post. The words "cosmetic change" were not meant to be a put down.
The changes made were very well done. It does look much better than the original.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941