E - Booking (for .32 Pistol) or a pathetic joke?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

E - Booking (for .32 Pistol) or a pathetic joke?

Post by ace » Tue May 24, 2011 5:32 pm

I send the application with Rs 25000 DD and the required documents to GSF Cossipore on 19 Apr 11 for booking a .32 pistol. Today, I got the application returned back along with a covering letter dated 04/05/2011 saying that " due to introduction of e-booking system wef 01/04/2011, your application is returned herewith unactioned with a request to visit our website gsf.gov.in for e-booking which will be made operative soon. Inconvinience is deeply regretted."

I have checked every search engine/site/link etc. etc. but there is no website in this URL or for that matter in any name for GSF Cossipore. Apparently this is a joke being played on the hapless customers by the babus at the GSF. They can afford to play such pathetic jokes on the customers due the GSF's brutal monopoly and strict control on imports. There is a long waiting list of around one and half years to get allotted with such an astronomically priced piece of shoddy workmanship.

The day Govt allows import of fire arms (like pre-1986), I am sure every single applicant will cancell the order placed with the GSF. That day, I will donate my IOF Ashani Pistol (if I get one) to be melted for making latrine buckets for Tihar Jail inmates and buy a world class pistol of my choice. But till then will keep searching for that elusive web site!!!! Is there anybody else who is in a simillar state?
Last edited by ace on Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: E - Booking (for .32 Pistol) or a pathetic joke?

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 pm

ace wrote: visit our website gsf.gov.in for e-booking which will be made operative soon. " [/color]
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:50 pm

check last two pages of the iof.32ashani topic in the hand gun section..

Me too waiting for e booking..

syed..

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue May 24, 2011 7:00 pm

seems like, you forgotten to enclose something with your application, any way it is sorry state of affairs and not going to become better any soon, so dont let them take a joy out of your life, after all Ashani pistol does not worth it.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm

This is terrible !! Now the arms dealers would further fleece the eager buyers. Already a used Ashani is priced between 1.75 - 2.00 L . :evil:
What about the .32 revolver, any e-booking there ?

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:40 pm

Spoke with GSF today..word is they are going to start ebooking next month..I very much doubt it..HVF AVADI is still accepting applications..Wait for 10 days,then go for HVF..Atleast thats what i am planning on doing..

syed..

sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sudhirkh » Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 am

@ ace, i know the way our gov and dept treat, beleive me its really pity that our country cannot produce enough weapons, such a rubbish reply received by you, is because of govt monoploy :(

ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ace » Wed May 25, 2011 7:40 am

@syed I will be doing a daily search in the net for the 'gsf e-booking' site. If it pops up one day, I will post the message here. In the mean time be on the lookout. :shock:
Last edited by ace on Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

Instead of only discussing the problems among ourselves, why don't each one of you lodge a grievance with Ministry of Defense at http://pgportal.gov.in/ ?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ace » Wed May 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanx I filed a grievance.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 pm

An RTI would be more helpful and rewarding, in my opinion.

ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ace » Sat May 28, 2011 11:02 am

Spoke on that number [033-25579684 given by @syed], a 'gentleman with bengally accent' answered the phone; what I understood is:-----it will take another two more months to launch the web site and god only knows when the e-booking will start [Dadas got very little time to enter 'the mountain load of data' from those 2000 pending applications from 11 am to 4pm during their five days week paid rest programme as they are busy in goram chai khabo, pani khabo, chaval machi kabo, etc, etc... I am now seriously considering between phirangi and desi .32 revolvers.

Here is some stuff which would assist you in taking an informed decision infaour of revolver:-

http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_home_defense.htm

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/07/23/th ... e-defense/

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 01&start=0

http://www.gunaccessory.com/32_IOF_Pistol/

"My top choice for a home defense gun is a revolver. Revolvers usually hold six cartridges, but some hold more. Revolvers are ambidextrous. Perhaps best of all, they can sit fully loaded and untouched for decades, as all springs are normally at rest, and still be ready to go into service at a moment's notice. Just grab the gun and commence firing should the need arise. Medium size revolvers, the kind I usually favor for home defense, come in two action styles, single action and double action"..........Chuck Hawk - gun writter
Last edited by ace on Tue May 31, 2011 10:56 am, edited 9 times in total.

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:28 pm

My luck is such that i have a PISTOL ONLY licence..So, am stuck in a very bad state..First there was no licence ti\o buy,now that i have the licence,there is no pistol to buy..I am guessing that when and if i get the pistol,there will be no ammo to buy.. :)
Lets wait and see..

syed..

Ajaykumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ajaykumar » Sat May 28, 2011 3:12 pm

:agree:
ace wrote:I send the application with Rs 25000 DD and the required documents to GSF Cossipore on 19 Apr 11 for booking a .32 pistol. Today, I got the application returned back along with a covering letter dated 04/05/2011 saying that " due to introduction of e-booking system wef 01/04/2011, your application is returned herewith unactioned with a request to visit our website gsf.gov.in for e-booking which will be made operative soon. Inconvinience is deeply regretted."

I have checked every search engine/site/link etc. etc. but there is no website in this URL or for that matter in any name for GSF Cossipore. Apparently this is a joke being played on the hapless customers by the babus at the GSF. They can afford to play such pathetic jokes on the customers due the GSF's brutal monopoly and strict control on imports. There is a long waiting list of around one and half years to get allotted with such an astronomically priced piece of shoddy workmanship.

The day Govt allows import of fire arms (like pre-1986), I am sure every single applicant will cancell the order placed with the GSF. That day, I will donate my IOF Ashani Pistol (if I get one) to be melted for making latrine buckets for Tihar Jail inmates and buy a world class pistol of my choice. But till then will keep searching for that elusive web site!!!! Is there anybody else who is in a simillar state?

VIDHAN
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by VIDHAN » Sat May 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Dear Ace,
I have also booked an ashani pistol from GSF by letter dated 02.04.2011 but I also received a cancellation letter on 04.05.2011 with same remark that e-booking started w.e.f 01.04.2011 and web GSF.GOV.IN for e-booking started soon. However, even today, web is not existing for e-booking. I talked to GM,GSF two days before and he replied that it is fault of IT deptt. who has not launched the web. He also replied what is the reason/problem behiend not launching of web. just wait and watch.
I also came to know through one arm dealer that GSF was never interested to produce and supply the pistol to civilians but they are helpless not to do so because of govt. policy and lack of other option. GSF, even today, has not removed the booking form from web OFBINDIA.COM, hence due to lack of information, people continuosly sending the form with draft of Rs.25000/ to gsf and they rejecting the same. it is causing inconvinience as well as loss of Rs.300/ due to making and cancellation charge of DD. I send an e-mail to gsf to block the booking form and also write the information of e-booking on ofbindia but they never taken cognigence. It is mischivious activity of gsf which causing loss of money of people even today. GSF has become senseless.