Tips on Pistol Shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Tips on Pistol Shooting

Post by tirpassion » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Dear friends,

I am back in paris again.

Agn bhai, you make me blush really. I would say that one needs to just understand that power/force/strengh /energy whatever you say lies in the head. All you need to do is be aware of it and for that you need to understand yourself in the light of others. Now, if that other person is your Guru, the task is all the more simple.

BTW, I am changing my AP. I will adopt a Morini electronic trigger AP. Why electronic? Bcz it is the only AP available in my club for me. My own AP will go for rest.

Now, on another note, I have an occasion to get my hand on either a .22LR Winchester semi auto rifle or a Miroku 20 gauge over under dbl barrelled shot gun. Can anyone suggest me? The weapon will be for my collection and not really for shooting.
The miroku has a reputation of solid make and is pretty highly ranked.

best regards
tirpassion

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Good to have you back Tir.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Good Morning!

Started off training with the Morini 162E. Very interesting!!!

This weekend I will be participating in the French National championships of Clubs in Bordeaux in 25m Pistol team event. Our club is in 2nd division and I am a part of the 5 member team.

best regards
tirpassion

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 pm

tirpassion wrote:Good Morning!

Started off training with the Morini 162E. Very interesting!!!This weekend I will be participating in the French National championships of Clubs in Bordeaux in 25m Pistol team event. Our club is in 2nd division and I am a part of the 5 member team.
best regards
tirpassion
> Good Luck tir... :D
Briha

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 pm

tirpassion wrote: Started off training with the Morini 162E. Very interesting!!!
Hello Tir
Can you provide us more details on why you found the above pistol interesting?
Regards

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:21 am

Dear Sir,

I am sorry for the delay of reply. I was out of Paris in the weekend.

Well, i find the Morini interesting simply because it is giving me more confidence.
- The trigger although at 600g or more feels like butter smooth.
- The weapon with it's CG towards the backside gives a nice balance for me.
- The reaction of the gun gives a pleasant feeling
- My calls are more than positive and calling seems to be easier because of the reaction of the gun. The morini, it seems to me, gives a better feedback of the shot to the shooter.
- I find the weapon to be quite forgiving. A shot which I would have called a 8 or 8.2 at 2 o'clock with my hammerli, came out to be a 9 really at 2 o'clock.

best regards

tirpassion

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks Tir for the detailed feedback

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 am

Good luck,make us proud.

amarinder
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amarinder » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Here is the report card guys of SPORTSCRAFt DELHI
84+88+96+94=362

The first 2 disasterous series was because I found the lightening at Karni singh range more than that where I shoot. There is high internsity light right about your Gun holding position and the reflection was too much. But got used to by the third series. Glad that I would be able to play in National(Though wild card entery, but still)

Problems I faced:
Initially the gun always shakes for first 15 mins. My hands dont tremble but I dont know why my gun does. Though I am nervous.

BIG TAKEWAYS:
Dont be so desperate to shoot. Observe sight picture more than pressing the trigger.
The last 1 sec before pressing the trigger is the most important part. Got to be extremely conscious in that time.
Doesnot matter if its competition. Have to love the perfect sight picture. And that love should not be influenced by desperation to perform.

Going to Ahmdabad next.
"There is no such thing as difficult, Only the man himself is weak"- Amarinder

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Smart job amarinder!!! you are going into the essentials. Very good!

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Wonderful performanace Amarinder ! :clap: :clap: Having said that do not let that solitary point pinch you any place - you still have Mavlankar and North Zone lined up. Use this one as a learning experience and move on. After all, Nationals is but one point away with at least two chances. ;-) Looks like The Power of Now has done admirable job in your mental training. :cheers:

Moi ? Back from West Zone. My second match this year, having missed about four minor ones due to some reason or the other, in spite of filling in the forms. The sighters were magnificient. The first record shot was a #3 - lost focus from the sights due to some reason and bungled. Never recovered from that. Could not even squeeze out the second shot, had to abort like 5-6 times though in the end scored a #10. Experienced fear, aka flight (from the famous theme Fight v/s Flight). Always wanted to experience "prolonged" fear and my wish was granted, complete with beats, shakes and all that. Four shots in the whites (#3, #4, #6, #6) and a few #7 and cameos by #8 hither-tither took the game away totally in spite of hitting 27/40 inside the #9 circle. Many misses by a mm here and there, probably thanks to the pulley that banged the card into raising one side up like the dog at a pole, but even those accounted would not have put me beyond in the respectable realm. So do not really have any complaints on that account. Rest all other conditions were fine.

Now post chat with dev, hoping to perform better at MH state next week or so. Not that it matters now. 80% chances are I shall catch up with y'all at North Zone.

Jitu, why weren't you at WZ playing for MQS like a couple of other Army fellas ? I had informed you well in advance nah ? Hope to see you too at the NZ since am not playing GVM. Good Luck.

amarinder
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amarinder » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Waiting for HVJ1 sir. I have been practising but I dont know how to build up my training so that I achieve my peak by the time competition comes. Would be glad if somebody experienced helps.
"There is no such thing as difficult, Only the man himself is weak"- Amarinder

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 pm

hi everyone I just qualified for pre nationls in 10m air pistol from recently concluded u.p state shooting championship now I am facing a problem I heard that we require special shooting shoes to play for pre nationals and nationals according to new issf rules if its true will normal sneakers do the job or I have to buy these specific shoes I decided to skip gvm so north zone will be my first and last chance of the year to qualify for nationals and I don't wish to face any problem there so please guide me experienced shooters it will be really helpful to me thanks in advance

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Kazim wrote:hi everyone I just qualified for pre nationls in 10m air pistol from recently concluded u.p state shooting championship now I am facing a problem I heard that we require special shooting shoes to play for pre nationals and nationals according to new issf rules if its true will normal sneakers do the job or I have to buy these specific shoes I decided to skip gvm so north zone will be my first and last chance of the year to qualify for nationals and I don't wish to face any problem there so please guide me experienced shooters it will be really helpful to me thanks in advance
Dear Kazim,
As our guruji (hvj1) would say READ THE ISSF HANDBOOK FIRST. :-) You can download in pdf from their site. I think the "new" rule wrt shoes was where they wanted specified shape for the heels, e.g. square cut v/s rounded cut (nowadays) plus last year or so, there was the rule about the shoe bending in front part under specified duress to specified angle. You need to check it out. But that applies to the hard, shock-absorbent shooting shoes, not sneakers, sports shoes, walking shoes, dress shoes etc. I wear snickers/ walking shoes while shooting and weren't objected to in any competition. Anyway, apart from the ISSF rulebook, the other best person to talk to is your coach. If you do not have one, then try to check out shoes of someone in your club who has participated in Nationals. That should put your fears to rest. And Congratulations for pre-national qualification. Good luck. regs, A.

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks for the clarification sir yes I have read issf rule book thoroughly and I was sure that we don't require any specific shoe any flat bottom flexible enough shoe will do the job so thanks again for clearing my doubts :-) :-) :-) now I can concentrate on other important things