Shooting Ranges in Bangalore

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Gun Guy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shooting Ranges in Bangalore

Post by Gun Guy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:11 pm

I and my family are going to be visiting Bangalore on a business trip (my wife's) for a whole month. My son and I are especially keen shooters, and we'd like to do a little target shooting while we're there.

Two questions:

1. Are there any public shooting ranges in or close to Bangalore where we could rent guns for the day? (We don't care if they're firearms or air guns -- we love shooting!)

2. My son is in training to try to make the U.S. Olympic team in time for Beijing (10-meter air pistol). Can he legally bring his competition air pistol into the country so that he can keep up his practice while we're there, and if so, where can we get the necessary licences/documentation?

We are not Indians by nationality or birth -- we're just ordinary U.S. citizens.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Shooting Ranges in Bangalore

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:08 pm

Hi Gun Guy,

We do have a public range in Bangalore but I am afraid you need to be a member there to use your own GUNS or rent the club guns.

However, drop me a PM when you are here and I will see what I can do.

As for your son bringing his 10 metre air-pistol to India, I think that may be possible if he has it entered/endorsed on his passport by Indian Customs as a personal airgun which he intends taking back with him. At the worst, they will keep it in bond and return it at the time of departure. If anyone knows otherwise, please let GG know.

It would be best if you had this point clarified in writing by the person responsible at the Indian embassy in Washington D.C..

Regards.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Do not bring a fully charged or empty scuba cylinder but bring a manual pump instead. Pressure vessels require a licence in India.