An afternoon's shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
shahid

An afternoon's shooting

Post by shahid » Tue May 27, 2008 7:42 pm

I had an appointment in Sharjah Industrial area today. The Sharjah shooting club is very close to this place. So I packed the HW 80 on the back seat of my car with an intention to target and set the scope.

Once there I noticed a Brand New . 22 LR rifle has arrived, the 2008 Model CZ 2E, absolutely similar to the older Brno Model no. 2.

Naturally I was inclined to try it out. It was a beauty like all other Brno rifles.

With German made GEKO .22 LR 40 grains ammo the first 5 shot clip made a perfect 50 at 25 meters ( 30 yards ) on the airconditioned indoor range, with Iron sights.

Picture option is not appearing here, therefore I will post a link to one of my sites.

Next I tried my favourite CZ 75 in 9 mm Luger, the attendant suggested I take a few shots with another new Beretta 92 first.

A clip of 5 shots went wayward and on the 4th shot the empty shell being ejected out jammed between the slide and the breech. A bit of spark flew into my eyes. Being an indoor range I was not carrying my Beretta Shooting glasses.

Immediately I called for plain shooting glasses and continued with the CZ 75 which the Doc Asif ( Eljefe ) has already described as the Rolls Royce of pistols.

Later of course I sat down to target the HW 80 scope which was in perfect condition absolutely zeroed. I keep it set at 20 m or 25 yards, which is the most common field target distance for an air rifle. At 10 m the H & N Diablo pellets shoot about 1 inch low for a scope set at 20 m.

A very satisfying afternoon's shoot.
Here's the link to the pics.

http://www.dubaidesertclub.com/viewtopi ... =8747#8747