Can I Expect something !

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Can I Expect something !

Post by advitiyas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Hello Seniors and other Mems,

With all the warmth shown by the members, I am daring to post my shooting results.

The target is 10+ m and about 4 feets from the ground. I use a local Mod 35 0.22 Air rifle with the simple sights. There was no peep sight. All my pellets r off the bulls eye but I think sights are not aligned properly.

Here are the result of

1. 4 pellets

2. its after 9 pellets

Is it fine to go for the shooting sports for me ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can I Expect something !

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Is it fine to go for the shooting sports for me ?
What is important is that you like the sport. Better results will follow as you learn and gain experience.

There is no reason why you cannot become an exceptional shot if you apply yourself to the discipline/s with due diligence.

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:01 am

Thanks Mack The Knife Bana for the encouragement. I needed it badly.

A question - Someone told me that what matter most in the competition in that u group all shots as close as possible.

waiting for your replies frds
advitiyas
Just Do it !

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:04 am

Advi

have fun and practice

Cheers

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:38 am

Advityas,
Just keep at it, learn to hold and breathe correctly...see the difference with controlled and uncontrolled breathing. It will take you some time, but you will see the results.
About keeping all the shots together-its called 'grouping'-test of the accuracy of the airgun (as in your case) and the shooter.
remember to focus on the target & front sight-ie keep them sharply in focus EVERY TIME-do not try combinations of keeping backsight clear and target fuzzy! with every shot, keep target and front sight CLEARLY in focus, let the back sight blur a bit. Ths is called sight picture.The human eye can FOCUS only on two objects at any time...
Along with your stance/ hold and breathing,sight is a vital component in accurate shooting.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Hello Mr.eljefe,
Thanks for ur reply n advice. I really need some serious talks on the topic. Can you suggest me some good reading material to jump into shooting sports.

I am trying to get registered to a shooting club in Etah, U.P. After which I think I may get a U.P rifle association membership.

thanks
advitiyas
Just Do it !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:09 am

eljefe";p="38285 wrote:remember to focus on the target & front sight-ie keep them sharply in focus EVERY TIME-do not try combinations of keeping backsight clear and target fuzzy! with every shot, keep target and front sight CLEARLY in focus, let the back sight blur a bit. Ths is called sight picture.The human eye can FOCUS only on two objects at any time...
Along with your stance/ hold and breathing,sight is a vital component in accurate shooting.
Fancy me lecturing a doc but I am afraid you are wrong. The human eye can only focus at one point at any given point of time. What gives the impression of being able to focus at two points simultaneously is the rapid change in focus.

For open sight target disciplines, it is the front sight that is focused on and the target remains a little fuzzy. If the target appears in focus, it can only mean that you are not focusing on the front sight constantly.

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

very good

Post by nm » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 am

I can expect that only from Mack The Knife.....

ROTFL

BTW I appreciate your correcting....

-Nishant

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:37 am

I sholuld not have use the binocular vision analogy...
never mind, aditvyas-keep on shooting-YES-the forsight-keep it in SHARP focus-all the time
best
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can I Expect something !

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:38 am

I sholuld not have use the binocular vision analogy...
never mind
I am not stupid enough never to learn something new but if by 'binocular vision' you mean that the right eye can focus on the foresight (for a right handed shooter) and the left on the target, then I don't see how that is possible. I just tried it and does not work.

If it's not the above then please explain this term.

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:24 pm

Well I think till now I am doing fine. I focus on the front sight.
The front my Air rifle has ball on top which should be the bull's eye, but I think it should have been a aperture there. That way I can see the target n the sight both. Or may be a straight line with a triangluer cut in the center.

thanks for ur replies
advitiyas
Just Do it !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Even if you use aperture or diopter sights for paper punching, focus on the front sight. This will automatically make the target slightly hazy.

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:46 pm

thanks Mr.Mack The Knife Bana for the reply.Can you suggest me some good reading material about shooting sports.

regards
advitiyas
Just Do it !

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:02 am

Ok Mack The Knife , am out of my weekend coma! Binocular vision is normally use dto explain the human vision.
i knew you would try out the left eye/right eye biz :) no it does not work that way-both eyes, if all things normal, and NO disase process,can focus ideally on two points.crazy as it may seem.similarly, in a sight focussing scenario, both, front sight and target can appear in focus-it takes a while to keep one of the two in 'sharper ' focus.A younger eye will most probably do its best to keep both points in as clear a focus as possible, and transmit the 'illusion' info to the brain!
I should have stuck to the time tested 'keep your foresight clear' dictum...
As some one cursed with handicap of keeping both eyes open, it was a torture for me to go thru the 'funny suit' shooting. found my scores going up drastically with both eyes open.been keeping both eyes open ever since, for all distances and rifle/handgu/shotgun disciplines.
No, unlike the us army gunship chopper pilots, i have not learnt to move eyeballs in different directions and focus on multiple targets-hey, they really are trained to do that-medically impoossible as it may sound

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 am

When paper punching with open or diopter sights I do keep both eyes open but use an ocluder over the left eye.

I will just have to take your word for it, though this has never worked for me.