Aspiring Shooter

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Aspiring Shooter

Post by Pradyumna » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:43 pm

I am in search of an imported O/U shot gun, but the seller says that those can only be sold to an Aspiring Shooter. Is there any rule to that effect?

For Advertising mail webmaster
bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Aspiring Shooter

Post by bishu57 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
Let me clarify. As long as you have a valid licence for the same . And the weapon is already imported and available with the seller he should be able to sell it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Pradyumna » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:55 pm

I don't know whether it is in his stock or is offering on behalf of some renowned shooter.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 pm

If the gun has been imported "duty free" by a renowned shooter, per rules he/ she can only sell it after taking permission from the NRAI. Unless I'm mistaken the rule says that the renowned shooter may only sell the gun imported in this manner to an aspiring shooter. While earlier there was no clear definition of an "aspiring shooter" and people could/ would sell to almost anyone who was a license holder, that definition (of aspiring shooter) has existed for the past 2 years now.

When applying for this permission (from NRAI), the bona fides of the buyer are to be submitted, including his/ her (the buyers) previous participation in shooting competitions/ membership of any rifle association/ shooting club/ etc.

I'm guessing that the rule regarding sale to only aspiring shooters, is being strictly enforced now.

On the other hand, if the gun in question is not owned by a renowned shooter, who imported it duty free, then there would be no such requirement. The process then would be the same as buying any other gun.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Pradyumna » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Thank you very much mundaire for the information.