PAPER TARGETS ONLINE

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
ankur_ank007

PAPER TARGETS ONLINE

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:41 am

Dear Sirs,

Can anyone please suggest, from where I can purchase paper targets for 10 m. AR shooting online? Also, if there are any shops to procure it in Ahmedabad to purchsse paper targets and metal targets for air rifle target practice.

Regards,

For Advertising mail webmaster
Killerjoe
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: PAPER TARGETS ONLINE

Post by Killerjoe » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:15 am

Why dont you simply download the picture and take photostat :D. Or try Amico.co.in

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 am

Google is your friend. There are a lot of sites like THIS on the Internet.
If you dont have a printer, take a piece of paper out a notebook and mark a spot on it (or several spots) with a ballpoint pen.
You don't need formal targets to practice.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:54 am

xl_target wrote:Google is your friend. There are a lot of sites like THIS on the Internet.
If you dont have a printer, take a piece of paper out a notebook and mark a spot on it (or several spots) with a ballpoint pen.
You don't need formal targets to practice.
Thanks sir,

Already doing it since long. Want to try on good cardboard targets. And to accept the trutha I am looking for metal targets in shape of birds and small games.

Regards

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Ask a printer to print 500 target sheets on KG cardboard. Give him a jpeg downloaded off the net.

I am lucky because my family are addicted to cornflakes and each box gives me 4 (or more) target sheets marked with a black dot. And Glenand dog biscuit boxes are good too.

As regards metal targets - I prefer tin cans - but they are soon damaged beyond use and nowadays paint companies are plotting against me personally by supplying paint in plastic containers :evil: . A more durable target is a stainless steel cup or tumbler that can take 100s of hits with mere dents. They also react with a jump and a very satisfying "TINNNNNNNNG" when you hit them

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:51 pm

bennedose wrote:Ask a printer to print 500 target sheets on KG cardboard. Give him a jpeg downloaded off the net.

I am lucky because my family are addicted to cornflakes and each box gives me 4 (or more) target sheets marked with a black dot. And Glenand dog biscuit boxes are good too.

As regards metal targets - I prefer tin cans - but they are soon damaged beyond use and nowadays paint companies are plotting against me personally by supplying paint in plastic containers :evil: . A more durable target is a stainless steel cup or tumbler that can take 100s of hits with mere dents. They also react with a jump and a very satisfying "TINNNNNNNNG" when you hit them

Hi,

Hahahaha... the paint companies are plotting against everybody who is a amateur AR shooter. In stead of Steel Tumbler I used one old "Chapati Tawa" (iron disk used to cook chapati) by placing it with the help of a stand attached on a wooden rack and my wife was about to use the Belan on me..... The difference in tone of the TINNNNNNNN sound indicates the area which you have hit

Reaper
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Reaper » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Both G.Smith & Precihole manufacture paper targets .
If you are lucky then your local dealer may have some.

Also you can buy online from http://www.kovibazaar.com/Target-Papers-id-904376.html

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:27 pm

One thing about printing your own targets on a computer -- if you use your own home printer, your toner cartridge, ribbon, or ink cartridge will be emptied very quickly because of the amount of ink it takes to create the bull.

Regular paper can be used, but the bullet passing through it will leave a ragged hole. The brownish paper that targets are printed on has a short fiber, so the bullet tends to make a clean punched hole with well defined edges.

Using regular paper can work, but it's only good for informal practice. With that said, google "target" and look at the images. Using a computer, there are many images available that will work.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:33 pm

timmy wrote:One thing about printing your own targets on a computer -- if you use your own home printer, your toner cartridge, ribbon, or ink cartridge will be emptied very quickly because of the amount of ink it takes to create the bull.

Regular paper can be used, but the bullet passing through it will leave a ragged hole. The brownish paper that targets are printed on has a short fiber, so the bullet tends to make a clean punched hole with well defined edges.

Using regular paper can work, but it's only good for informal practice. With that said, google "target" and look at the images. Using a computer, there are many images available that will work.
Hi Timmy,

Thanks for the piece of information. I found the same when I practised using regular A4 paper targets and hence went for buying paper targets for a more formal practice. The results are nice, I mean the holes made my the pellets are quite clean and easy to count.

Regards

toughsurvivor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by toughsurvivor » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:20 pm

yes no doubt there are several type of target images available on google, i too have done same i printed few different types i liked from my printer. but i don't know what are the actual dimensions of target in 10 meter air rifle. i just printed the image on A4 size paper.

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Hello,

A convenient yet effective AR target could be made by printing an image off the net on Card Paper instead of regular copier paper. Card Paper or what is commonly used in "Bio Files" by school students is 3 times thicker than copier paper but comes pre-cut in A4 size. You can also buy this in multiple colors if you so desire.

So just buy a packet of 20 sheets for somewhere between 20-80 bucks, depending on your city/locality and print on your home printer. One way to avoid spending excessive ink is to cover the bulls-eye with a white circle of a bit smaller diameter. the bulls eye remains equally visit and high contrast but your ink usage reduces.

Also, using wad-cutter pellets will ensure clean hole edges, even on copier paper.

~C

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Hello,

Similarly, if you are keen on other shapes etc, just print animal/bird silhouettes instead of concentric circles. Again enough images available online.

Making a reactive target with wood is also possible, if you are handy with carpentry tools, else catch a local carpenter and have him make a 1.5'x1.5' wood square out of board or ply and then attach a 12"x12" piece of 6mm or something ply in a standing manner using a hinge, with a minor offset to make the vertical ply just lean slightly towards the front.. When shot from the front, the hinge will collapse giving you a hit indication. Go ahead and post any image on this ply that you want to shoot at !!

~C

toughsurvivor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by toughsurvivor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:55 am

i have used google to get a target image and i took out some prints from my printer. mounted the paper on a board. and i used is as target .i placed it on 7 meters and used my IHP 35.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toughsurvivor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by toughsurvivor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:03 pm

my IHP35 with target.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toughsurvivor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by toughsurvivor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 pm

inspired from Briha sir, a little effort from my side.