Starting Partcipating

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Starting Partcipating

Post by Chandan22 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:07 am

Hello,

There is the SSM competition happening at Tughlakabad from tomorrow and I was planning to visit. Hope to bump into some of you around.

Could those of you who participate in competitions help me figure out how to get started in competitive pistol shooting?

1. I am yet to apply for a licence, so its unlikely I can get it and acquire a firearm this year.

2. If I don't have a firearm, is there any way to rent one? Do they rent out at the ranges or do other enthusiasts rent out their personal guns? I read renting being mentioned in the forums, but there weren't any details.

3. Even if I do manage to rent/borrow a gun, how do I purchase ammo for practise/participation without a licence?

4. Also, how does one enter a competition, I mean do they ask for proof of onwership of the gun?

5. From what I understand, if one shoots the qualifying score in any competition only then they become eligible for a higher ammo quota. I fail to see how one can do this without tons of practise, which needs tons of ammo. Or is there any other way to procure ammo through DSRA/NRAI/Karni?

6. There was also some mention of training being provided in firearms, but not real details. Anyone with any details of how to go about this?

Thanks in advance..

~Chandan