Quest with less than best choice.

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
anu14
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Quest with less than best choice.

Post by anu14 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello IFGians,

I am few weeks old in the game of shooting, understood a few basics, gaining few bits everyday. I have opted to go for 10 M air pistol. I am enrolled at a shooting club and had practiced with their pistol so far.
Had a good look at the preliminary basics required for beginners ( and the process is still on). I am stuck in situation, would appreciate opinion of veterens or anyone who with experience of .. ' been there,done that'.
My immediate aim is to become competitive at state level, and I know that I need my own pistol to do that, it is impossible to do with hired one.
I understand that best option air pistols for anyone to start with are Steyr/morini , walther etc. There is no doubt they cost a bomb for a ordinary salaried person,and it is a fact that I can not afford them at the moment, may be with some savings in around 6 months time.
Trusting in my capability as human being and where there is a will there is a way attitude, I dont want to stop. I had read a few articles on why need expensive and what are the options.
http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... or-Walther
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/08/ ... art-7.html

I had shortlisted a few options guided by above blog and also wanted to give a try to IHP .177 PCP 10 m pistol, today I had a talk and I was a bit disappointed to know that they had a waiting time of 2-3 months after booking. So now I have to shortlist among some of the low priced options ( upto around 15K) or to arrange some second hand seller.

I would appreciate if someone can provide any tips and some kind of what to expect with my decision and what would be best in your opinion given boundary conditions, Please assume that I am mentally prepared to give everything best to take it to the limit of what can be given by human effort. Your suggestions and tips would help by creating , 'forewarned is forearmed' shield.

Thanks,

Anu

For Advertising mail webmaster
only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Quest with less than best choice.

Post by only32owner » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi anu..

I can very well relate with you. I went through the same ordeel few years back. In terms of getting a good AG for competetive shooting. But thanks to IFG and all the seniors who have posted here to help others. I was able to import a few that are needed for me.

If you are a member of any shooting club, You can import a good AP (read few threads under AG import here in IFG). Try "Pyamidair " its an online seller I bought from them they are reliable.

If bugdet is a consideration you can go for Baikal IZH 46 Match Pistol. I have one and it shoots very accurate.

And welcome to IFG, you are at the right place, have a happy stay and great shooting :)

Regards.

anu14
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anu14 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks only32
What is the situation with after sales support in India ? some places i read about 'seal losing air' issue.
Which medium- low cost brands have best situation in case of after sales maintenance.

Thanks ,

Anu

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Dear anu14,

Follow this thread if you are into 10m AP. It shall help you a lot in all respect.
http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7407

Good Luck. Happy & Safe shooting. :cheers:

regs
AGN

anu14
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anu14 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Agn.

Thanks ,It is on my radar. I started this thread because I wanted to understand issues related to given choice of mine, somehow I couldnt find it much info in existing threads.

Regards

Anu

anu14
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anu14 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello IFGians,
Some update here, I feel like going to be stuck in unexpected roadblock. As i mentioned before i had enrolled at shooting club ( or i understood it is ) which actually is shooting range for practice and offers different courses and claims to be affiliated to NRAI too. Reading all info available, I have made up my mind for IZH 46 M too, now the problem occured when i read document requirements for importing, although being enrolled in long term course, I do not have Shooting ID ( guess they dont give one too ), and preliminary talk with range coach appears to indicate that they dont issue any Letter confirming the membership of shooter too( sounds crazy ! will talk to higher ups in range too).
Given the fact that i am weekend shooter as far as range practice is concerned,having own airgun is important and also not willing to involve with bureaucratic govt shooting range paper works due to lack of time and partial understanding of how attitudes work( I have been govt employee and still work with PSU ), I am wondering if there is any non government shooting club affiliated to either state or national shooting association?
Most of the list i could find includes government offices!
Thanks for your guidance.

Regards

Anu

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 am

anu14 wrote:Hello IFGians,
Some update here, I feel like going to be stuck in unexpected roadblock. As i mentioned before i had enrolled at shooting club ( or i understood it is ) which actually is shooting range for practice and offers different courses and claims to be affiliated to NRAI too. Reading all info available, I have made up my mind for IZH 46 M too, now the problem occured when i read document requirements for importing, although being enrolled in long term course, I do not have Shooting ID ( guess they dont give one too ), and preliminary talk with range coach appears to indicate that they dont issue any Letter confirming the membership of shooter too( sounds crazy ! will talk to higher ups in range too).
Given the fact that i am weekend shooter as far as range practice is concerned,having own airgun is important and also not willing to involve with bureaucratic govt shooting range paper works due to lack of time and partial understanding of how attitudes work( I have been govt employee and still work with PSU ), I am wondering if there is any non government shooting club affiliated to either state or national shooting association?
Most of the list i could find includes government offices!
Thanks for your guidance.

Regards

Anu
Dear anu14,

1. Where are you located ?
2. Which club have you registered into ?
3. Is that club affiliated to NRAI via the state unit or directly to NRAI ?
4. Have you looked up yellow pages for list of clubs/ associations compiled by mundaire et al ?

Now your posting above gives the impression that you have registered for a long term course at that club. That may not indicate that you are a member of that club. You may need an exclusive membership post course completion to get the ID card and letter of introduction. Finally, all the competitive sports (even kabbadi these days) come directly or indirectly under GOI umbrella through Sports Authority of India etc. Plus the sport that requires some additional "control" at higher levels will see government intravention at all levels. No escaping that. :-) Good Luck with your quest.

anu14
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anu14 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi
agn_novice

I am located in southwest delhi , the shooting range is known as "sportzcraft Inc" , located at punjabi bagh and patel nagar
It claims to be affiliated to NRAI (on its website, though i am yet to talk to management about it )
I am not sure who had complied , but i have seen the list of NRAI affiliated clubs and shooting ranges before posting here, and for delhi most of the listed addresses were some kind of defence or para military installations training ranges.
Yes i have registered for a course, actually my understanding so far is this that membership has to precede before you are enrolled for long term course( they took all documents :) for that matter ).
I mentioned my dislike for govt regulated options because i extract most of my time during weekends instead of working days.
Your post indicates that in order to be eligible to import airgun for practice, there are almost no non government clubs in delhi !
Yeah , rightly said, really need good luck with my quest, its is required mandatory apart from all hard work and dedication.