Road to Becoming a Renowned Shot

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Road to Becoming a Renowned Shot

Post by Safarigent » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:47 am

Thank you all.
I have put that shotgun up for sale as i am looking to import one for myself.
Link removed: Moderator
Lets hope someone else on this forum uses this shotgun and scripts another success story with this shotgun by the time next january rolls around!
To Excellence through Diligence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Optimus_PB
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Optimus_PB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Congratulations, What shotgun do you have?

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Arjun,a while ago i read your sale price as 14,000.00 rather than 14,00,000.I damn near leaped for joy. :oops: :lol:
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

vishal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vishal » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Safarigent wrote:As an aside i am writing this is to inform my friends and critics here that today, i scored a 103/125 in the just concluded nationals and have, by scoring above the MQS become a Renowned Shot.
This long hard road has finally reached its end and i am going to begin another journey whose path will hopefully take me higher up!
See, i did it. I didnt have an Uncle or a family friend who could loan me a shotgun and ammunition. On my own initiative, i got my membership of the DSRA, NRAI, KSSR sorted out. I took the guidance of people( whom over the course of one year or more i am honoured to call my friends) and started taking baby steps. I 'borrowed' ammunition where i could not get any. I found a shotgun. I did what i had to. Standing in the heat of the summers under an open cloudless sky, sweating away to glory with the stock becoming wet and the barrels hot is not fun and only your dedication can carry you forth.
And unlike some, i am not a gifted shooter, i had to crawl and work my way up to a decent mark. But i did.
Today, i am looking to import my own shotgun and ammunition and this cycle will replicate itself every year for me.
Why am i writing this here? Not for the kudos and appreciation coming my way. But for those chaps who get put off by the amount of work one has to do. Our country is not the best place for a sport shooter, but given the dedication and stubborness, it can work out for you as well.
We need the shooting sports to be as inclusive as possible. We need mothers and fathers and wives and daughters and sons and nephews and nieces on the ranges, shooting away to glory. For them to do so, we need to put in the hard work.
The beauty is, its possible.
My story inspired a few guys here to pick up the cudgels against a blatantly illegitimate policy of licensing and they came out on tops. If this ending insoires a few more to take the next step, these words of mine would have been worth the minutes it took ke to write them down.

Hi, Congrats on your achievement. Although this happened sometime back, i couldn’t stop myself in wishing you, now that i read it.
Great dedication and achievement .

I am inspired!

Rgds,
Vishal

tariq
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by tariq » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

Congratulations to both of you :)
Regards
A gun is only a tool used to propel a bullet into the desired location...
Smah Sports and Outdoors

Latitude & Longitude
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am

Thanks guys.
To Excellence through Diligence.

prashraj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by prashraj » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:46 am

Hi,
Congratulations for you feat, now a lot of time have passed, please update how everything going for you. I am planning to start Air pistol shooting in 10m. Right now, my position is just like you when u have started. I am struggling to meet the right guys, lots of discouragement is coming my way. Your words are going to help me a lot. Lets see what happens to my journey.