Karni Singh Range - Facilities

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Karni Singh Range - Facilities

Post by sa_ali » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi,

Any update bro.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Karni Singh Range - Facilities - RTI Reply

Post by Chandan22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:18 am

Hello,

After much correspondence, i finally received a response to the RTI filed for Karni Singh Range.

However, they have answered all questions related to user rights and privileges by stating " Refer to Come and Play Scheme " document, and not attached any copy of that.
And for all questions related to the availability of weapons and their status at the range, they have responded by saying "Unable to provide information due to security reasons"

I am talking to a lawyer to figure out whether this is willful supression of facts as there can be no security reasons for disclosing weapons status, especially if they are kept securely.

Also, the document for Come and Play should be public information and will definitely get found somewhere.

The most interesting answer was w.r.t. the scoring system and who is entitled to operate it. The answer was that only SAI officials can operate the scoring system and that too only for camps and competitions. I wonder how they expect people to practise without a scoring system.

~C

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Karni Singh Range - Facilities

Post by chinmay1986 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 am

I know KSSR is not a club so can the member import an air rifle using it's membership card..?