Buy a Car and get a Gun FREE !!

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Buy a Car and get a Gun FREE !!

Post by snIPer » Fri May 23, 2008 4:52 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7416120.stm

US car dealer in free gun offer
pistol
The offer is proving popular - sales have quadrupled so far

A car dealership in the United States is offering a free handgun with every vehicle sold.

Max Motors in Butler, Missouri, says sales have quadrupled since the start of the offer.

Customers can choose between a gun or a $250 (£125) gas card, but most so far have chosen the gun.

Owner Mark Muller said: "We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want to."

The dealership sells new and old vehicles, including General Motors and Ford cars and trucks, and its logo shows a cowboy holding a pistol.

It has sold more than 30 cars and trucks in the past three days, an increase which the owners put down to their promotional offer.

Inspiration from Obama

Mr Muller said that every buyer so far "except one guy from Canada and one old guy" chose the gun, rather than the gas card.

He recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".

He added that the promotion was inspired by recent comments from one of the Democratic nominees for the presidential election, saying: "We did it because of Barack Obama.

"He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."

The website advertisement for the offer, which continues until the end of the month, mentions that an approved background check on gun ownership is required.

***And here we have to sell our car to buy a gun :-(
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri May 23, 2008 6:56 pm

do they have a branch in India?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri May 23, 2008 8:10 pm

nagarifle";p="44355 wrote:do they have a branch in India?
....ugh!...what?... free petrol and IOF blunderbuss?... I think I'll take the petrol... :)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Fri May 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi CC,
which is the car model you have selected ? Hope the $250 gas card shall be valid for the land of the IOF's :lol:
HK,

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Buy a Car and get a Gun FREE !!

Post by jonahpach » Fri May 23, 2008 10:01 pm

Duh.. huh.. can we geat a loan on the car??
Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Fri May 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Great offer..i wud get that too..
Cheers
MSandhu

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat May 24, 2008 2:04 am

Yes but no one cares much for General Motor cars or American cars any longer. They need to give free guns with Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi or even Suzuki, Mazda, Isuzu, Subaru then its more fun.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat May 24, 2008 4:53 am

Sniper

I am missing the name here maybe Moore guy did a documentary wherein they were offering guns while opening bank accounts in upper pennisular or Northern Michigan.

Shahid

Digressing here but GM, Ford and Chrysler quality is improving and one can find articles on net. In terms of reliability Buicks model was ranked on par with Lexus and high end Jap cars. Accord 2001 has a class action suit for transmission here. It is too little too late for Detroit any way because of economic downturn and spiralling fuel costs.

Best

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat May 24, 2008 9:40 am

hock ann";p="44364 wrote:Hi CC,
which is the car model you have selected ? Hope the $250 gas card shall be valid for the land of the IOF's :lol:
HK,
Premier Padmini ...... Well I was referring to the if and when of an Indian branch of the same..... :mrgreen:

Man... $250 petrol...thats more than Rs.10K... can get amlost 250 lts of juice from that.... thats enormous for stingy bloke like me considering the cost of petrol these days :)

...sure beats getting my BP up with IOF drivel :mrgreen:
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat May 24, 2008 12:44 pm

The article is finding fame. Today it was carried in the leading local daily in DUbai - Gulf News right on the front page in the section reserved for spicy, humorous news from all over the world.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat May 31, 2008 5:09 am

snIPer";p="44341 wrote:He recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".
Having fired this pistol quite recently, I'd suggest you take the petrol voucher in stead! :P It's a real POS IMHO... very plasticy, poor finish, horrible trigger, jamming after every 2-3 shots and not easy to control or shoot accurately. This was a brand new gun, so the owner told me it required some break in before it would shoot reliably... something that may well cure the feeding/ ejection problems, as for the rest...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat May 31, 2008 10:38 pm

ngrewal";p="44386 wrote:Sniper

I am missing the name here maybe Moore guy did a documentary wherein they were offering guns while opening bank accounts in upper pennisular or Northern Michigan.
Best
Ah is that so. hmm. sorry no idea on who it was.
I hope the quality there was better than what is being offered with the car.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.