outdoor outfitters in dubai

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

outdoor outfitters in dubai

Post by vishosingh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:25 pm

hi guys
are there any good outdoor outfitters or hunting supplies shops or outdoor gear shops in dubai ....do they have any websites

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: outdoor outfitters in dubai

Post by Hunter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi Vishosingh,

The biggest out there is Al Sayad outdoor/Hunting supplies! I am not too sure about any website of theirs.U can get intouch with IFg member Shahid,who can give u current updates of that place.

Rgds

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 pm

Outdoor Equipment.

Al Sayad No 1 and 2
Picnico Trading ( Coleman )
Captain Stores
Ace hardware
Carrefour
Saba Tradind - AUH
Hypermarket - AUH
AL Mostwafi Trading - Swiss knives, Spanish hunting knives, Daisy, Gamo, Winchester products

there are a few others too.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:36 am

alsayad.com
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: outdoor outfitters in dubai

Post by Hunter » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi Asif,

The website Alsayad.com does not belong to alsayad hunting/outdoors stores in dubai!

Shahid,apprec if u can advise us if they have a website!

Many thanks

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Got some stuff from them last week and the bag it came in gave this web address, besides the logos of various manufacturers like HW, spyderco etc.Let me check it out...
PS- Yup you're right-says site under construction!! :oops:

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 pm

The site is under construction, so has the silly Network Solutions default page... but the domain is registered to:

Administrative Contact:
NASSIF, FOUAD

Email: [email protected]
Al-Sayad
Maktoum
Dubai, Uae 00971
AE

Tel: +971-50-6348182
fax: +971-4-2223381

Seems to check out... guess they printed the stationery in anticipation of the website launch! ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:27 pm

They do not have the website working nor the administrative capability to upload products and run the website. Outsourcing is being considered but Al Sayad owner is quite stingy with his money and doesn't exactly believe in e Commerce.

He is the sole distributor for Diana and Umarex in UAE but other products from GAMO, HW or Cometta are being imported by Captain Stores and Al Mostawafi as well.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:23 pm

Shahid, let me add, I dont think they have any trained staff either. bug*3r must have moved out of the village souk selling goats and dates a couple of decades ago, but cant take the souk out of them!
For instance, the sales people there couldnt find some fishing line my wife was trying to buy-she was "told out of stock" and found it while browsing through the store!
I would also attribute a generous helping of arab mcp attitude and plain ol bad sales techniques to mr scrooge!

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:32 pm

Not arabs, Sales people are Irani or Kerela expatriates.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:33 pm

I called Al Sayad for air pistols; none. I asked for 1911 accessories or parts; none. They only had an Umarex air rifle.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:39 pm

AMK for 1911 accessories and parts try http://www.brownells.com - they will accept International credit cards without any additional hassle/ charge BUT you'll most probably have to have the items shipped to an address in USA and beg someone to carry them back with them to India. Of course caution is advised as NOT ALL parts can be legally imported into India. What specifically are you looking for?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:01 pm

At the moment sales of Umarex products and similar gas operated pistols etc. is not allowed in Dubai, temporarily.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:15 pm

eljefe";p="34827 wrote:Shahid, let me add, I dont think they have any trained staff either. bug*3r must have moved out of the village souk selling goats and dates a couple of decades ago, but cant take the souk out of them!
For instance, the sales people there couldnt find some fishing line my wife was trying to buy-she was "told out of stock" and found it while browsing through the store!
I would also attribute a generous helping of arab mcp attitude and plain ol bad sales techniques to mr scrooge!
........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......nearly fell off the chair with this!!!!

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:04 pm

mundaire";p="34833 wrote:AMK for 1911 accessories and parts try http://www.brownells.com - they will accept International credit cards without any additional hassle/ charge BUT you'll most probably have to have the items shipped to an address in USA and beg someone to carry them back with them to India. Of course caution is advised as NOT ALL parts can be legally imported into India. What specifically are you looking for?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
I know Brownells, I have ordered from them and they do deliver to India but the first parcel never reached me then they sent out another parcel at no extra charge and that hasn't reached yet.

I got the Pachmyr American Legend grips from gunaccessories.com; I got a Galco holster from Galco directly; I got 2 other grips off ebay directly, only brownell packages did not reach.

Buying stuff and getting them carried over is not so easy; there is an international treaty in place to which the US is a signatory and that says no parts that are used to make a gun functional (even grips) are allowed to be exported if the value exceeds $100, the exporter needs an export license from the ATF. So this applies to anyone carrying gun parts in their personal baggage too. Now who would want to put their loved ones in trouble with the US and Indian customs?

I am set for mags; I've got a 7 rounder mecgar; an 8 rounder CMC shooting star, another 10 rounder CMC and the original 7 rounder.

But it would be nice to get some night sights; laser grips or the new laser guide rod system; spare extractors, springs, a nice trigger; some cleaning solutions; spare sear, disconnetor, safety, etc. And here's wishful thinking.... a bull barrel and a SS slide :-) The night sights are being sourced right now so they may not be needed.

Do you have a source for 1911A1 spares?

AMK