Man aims at pig, but kills priest

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:47 pm

11 Nov 2007, 0204 hrs IST,TNN

BANGALORE: A temple priest was shot dead in Hoskote police limits on Saturday morning. The police said the priest was accidentally shot by his landlord, who was aiming at a pig. The deceased is N Nagesh (35), a resident of Honnappa Garden in Hoskote town. He was also employed at a factory.

The incident took place at around 6 am when the priest was standing close to the window inside his house. His landlord, G Honnappa, was taking aim to shoot a pig. The bullet missed the pig and ricocheted and shattered the window pane and hit Nagesh in his chest. He slumped on to the floor and his neighbours and relatives rushed him to a nearby hospital. Later, he was shifted to Bowring Hospital. The hospital records show that he was brought dead. The bullet was extricated from the victim and handed over to the Forensic State Laboratory (FSL) officials.

"The accused, G Honnappa (75), is said to have fired the bullet. He owns about 18 houses in the locality, and is the only person with a gun licence. The bullet has been handed over to the FSL officials," a police officer said.

The Hoskote police have registered a case and are investigating if it was an accidental shot or not. Honnappa is absconding.

A link to the article >>>

Another irresponsible idiot defaming gun owners and making it tough for people aspiring to get an arms license.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Man aims at pig, but kills priest

Post by Grumpy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Religious intolerance is a dreadful thing.....................................

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 am

Grumpy";p="30789 wrote:Religious intolerance is a dreadful thing.....................................
:?:Err.. who's talking religion. It's a case of a dumb(blind would be more appropriate) old man who killed an innocent bystander. Still wondering if he was trying to kill a stray pig that's a menace in that region.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:42 am

who's talking religion.
No one........... Still didn't get the joke?

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:54 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="30800 wrote: No one........... Still didn't get the joke?
Nope :oops:

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:50 am

`Sigh`.........
Sometimes I wonder why I make the effort.
Ah well, never mind.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:46 am

At last... ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."