(un)realistic prices of fire arms in India.

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

IOF Gun Prices - for the police

Post by eljefe » Fri May 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Thanks to Sushil _john, here's some intresting info:

The police department also ordered for 100 tear gas guns, 300 VL pistols and 50 .22 rifles. Each 7.62 SLR costs Rs 27,370, 5.56 INSAS rifles Rs 25,305, .22 rifles Rs 17,680 and tear gas guns Rs 10,500.

From the TOI article about Hyderabad Police replacing the .303 SMLE...
Good Show John & Thanks
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat May 05, 2007 6:29 am

So thats how much they pay for SLR and INSAS and they dont mean .303 SMLE but 7.62 clones?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 am

ngrewal";p="19299 wrote: and they dont mean .303 SMLE but 7.62 clones?
AFAIK SMLE's in both the .303 as well as the 7.62 chambering are in service with police forces all over the country...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:23 pm

I think the selling is infesting this site and God 4.2 for this, somebody save the gun lovers

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:29 pm

guncrazy";p="22678 wrote: I think the selling is infesting this site and God 4.2 for this, somebody save the gun lovers
Guncrazy - it's considered bad form to comment on the sellers asking price on a for sale thread... irrespective of what you think of the price quoted...

That said the high sale prices on imported guns are the consequence on government policy and not the creation of any individual AND while these prices prevail, it is hardly right to blame any seller for asking for what the market is willing to bear...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:43 pm

i agree with mundaire and would like to go a step furthur.
i think the seller has a right to ask for any price irrespective of the market. its the customers choice-depending if they find it worth it- whether to buy or not.
cheers
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

sentinel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: .32 smith and wesson for sale

Post by sentinel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:40 am

guys im a gun lover too and am tired of the inflated prices myself,but what to do we(family) 2 of these mint condition guns for the same price i am asking.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:43 am

Sentinel,

Have sent you two personal messages,pl respond if there is intrest.

Pl check your personal messages folder.

Thanks

Sanjay

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:35 am

Dear All,
I am very sorry for the comment I made, but at the same I thought this site was very helpful for those who genuinely are interested in guns, but I get a feel I got to carry with me sack of currency and somebody please advice me is there some moderation on prices coz I am sure if the prices get quoted on this site as same, all guns will be with richie rich, my apologies Abhijeet

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 am

shooter";p="22687 wrote:i agree with mundaire and would like to go a step furthur.
i think the seller has a right to ask for any price irrespective of the market. its the customers choice-depending if they find it worth it- whether to buy or not.
cheers
Dear Shooter,
I think my critic on the price hurted you all, it was made coz my interest in weapons had made me see lot of Armoury and prices I genuinely felt it was injust to all IFG members and so made the comment sorry very sorry from the bottom of my heart

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:11 am

I used to think that the prices in Punjab are very high.Now I feel that I am lucky to be here.

penpusher

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:20 am

Guncrazy,

Re. the high prices,it's mainly a result of the drying up of the supply of firearms from abroad as a result of the import ban and the inability of the IOF to offer something that would compare with something like this S&W revolver.The guns that are there keep on being sold and every time they land up with a dealer he adds 15-30,000/- to the price as his profit.The next sale leads to a further escalation in the price and so the cycle continues.This would continue untill one of the two things happen either the IOF starts improving the quality of its firearms and drops the price or the ban on the import of firearms is revoked. Neither is going to happen very soon though.

penpusher

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 am

penpusher";p="22772 wrote:Guncrazy,

Re. the high prices,it's mainly a result of the drying up of the supply of firearms from abroad as a result of the import ban and the inability of the IOF to offer something that would compare with something like this S&W revolver.The guns that are there keep on being sold and every time they land up with a dealer he adds 15-30,000/- to the price as his profit.The next sale leads to a further escalation in the price and so the cycle continues.This would continue untill one of the two things happen either the IOF starts improving the quality of its firearms and drops the price or the ban on the import of firearms is revoked. Neither is going to happen very soon though.

penpusher
Dear SSS,
Me too in Punjab and have been checking on lot of firearms, even Kolkatta and UP are cheaper

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:21 pm

penpusher,Guncrazy

It is the Sellers prerogative to quote a price he deems fit.

But at the end of the day we are all aware of the realistic prices of firearms arent we :wink:, aint gone grey for nothin :)

Let me just add that there is very little or no price diff in Delhi,Haryana,Punjab or UP for a quality fire arm.

Off course there are always exception to the rule and some go overboard but that again depends how desperate one is.

Keep a realistic budget in mind and dont rush,enjoy the walk in the woods 8)

Sanjay

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Sanjay,

I don't know if it's a special price for me but I have found that there is a price difference bet. Punjab,Chandigarh and Delhi.Handguns are about 10,000/- more expensive in Chandigarh as compared to Punjab.The price difference between Chandigarh and Delhi is another 20-30,000/-.In Chandigarh too there is a difference from one dealer to the other.Arminus .32 revolver for sale with Vishal gun house Rs. 1,40,000/-.The same revolver in the same condition for sale with United Arms Company Rs. 1,80,000/- BTW avoid United Arms Company Sector 20 Chandigarh and Ahuja Arms Company Sector 22,Chandigarh.Have had a bad experience dealing with them.

penpusher