Importing Arms & Ammo into India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IMPORTING A GUN UNDER TR

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:08 am

gunrunner why dont or cant you conduct some research this unnecessary hogs the sites bandwidth..increases admins load..be considerate to them

Best

For Advertising mail webmaster
gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:27 am

Hi ngrewal and nagarifle,
have read the legal sction post and also have made inquiries with dealers in bombay about process and procedure.All say the the same about a year of ownership and lifetime no transfer.
Its the actual import under TR that i am looking at.What the dynamcs of an actual import are, only a person who has come back on TR can give indepth analysis.
Regret trouble caused to MODS.
Regards
Last edited by gunrunner on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 pm

The dynamics also have been discussed in some detail, I have imported a pistol on TR in 2003, there may be other members who have done so more recently. If you have read all the stuff regarding TR most of your questions would have been answered by now. If you have any specific questions that remain unanswered, I will be glad to help you. So ask away!
Regards,
Anand

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:21 pm

mods please merge thread with importing arms as this where it should be.

gunrunner please post any addition info you come across, thanks
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Anand,
Very kind of you to offer help.I needed some one who has actually imported a weapon under TR.Will surely keeep in touch with you.Could you please PM me your Email id and mobie number.
Mods you may kindly merge the thread.I have found my man friday(if thats the correct name)
Thankyou

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Hello again gunrunner,
While we can communicate in private if you so choose, it would be in everyone's benefit if you could ask the questions here and I can answer them.
Regards,
Anand

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Importing Arms & Ammo into India

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:56 pm

The topics and posts have been merged..

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Anand,
Nothing secretive about my questions.Dint want to consume bandwith as ngrewal said,thats why i preferred email or mbl.
1)Does one need to be on a work permit out of india to bring back a firearm?or just being an NRI(continious stay abroad of 180days) qualifies you for a one time import
2)When hopefully, FAC (UK) is done and weapon has been acquired (held for one year)and one wishes to return to India,do we have to approach the india high commission for any documentation or certification or sanction to carry back the weapon?
The people at the indian high commission are the real LORDS of UK or where ever they are-its better to be mentally prepared for their shock therapy.
Regards

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 am

Gunrunner

My point was to research and post in the correct forum, so that we dont have to do maintenance stuff.

Good luck

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 am

Sir,Point taken in good spirit.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi gunrunner,
"1)Does one need to be on a work permit out of india to bring back a firearm?or just being an NRI(continious stay abroad of 180days) qualifies you for a one time import"

The terms under which you qualify to bring back a firearm back to India under TR, dictate that you be a resident abroad for a period of 2 years. In this 2 year period, which must be immediately prior to your final return to India, you must not have spent more than 6 months (180 days) in India continuously or in segments.

2)When hopefully, FAC (UK) is done and weapon has been acquired (held for one year)and one wishes to return to India,do we have to approach the india high commission for any documentation or certification or sanction to carry back the weapon?

The approval from the Indian embassy may be a requirement of the country you are residing in. This may vary and is not uniform. For example in the USA this was not a requirement until recently.
I advice you to read each and every post in this thread and the answers are all there.
Anand

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi anand can someone who gets a firearm from USA on TR keep it here without a licence or is he required to acquire one and if he has to what happens to the firearm for that duration

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm

sir, pls read the same thread, its mentioned by anand that he got the license before getting the gun.
In simple manner there is no way you can walk out of the airport with gun without License. So there is no question of what will happen in that duration. :D

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Anand,
Thankyou again
Regards
Gunrunner

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 pm

gents and ladies

regarding TR or bringing firearms from UK. this is going as far as checking the arms on the plane. this is what happens or should happen.

1/ UK valid arms license, inform the license issuing authority of your intent, ie shifting home oversea and wish to take your arms with you. do not surrender the license.
2/ check if the airlines allows arms carriage and in what manner.
3/ go to check in with arms and license. well in time.
4/ inform the check in staff. who will arrange for you to be taken to the uk customs. who will check arms against license and enter same into log book. leave the arms etc with airline/customs. keep your license with you..
5/ go to duty free shop and do not spend your money as is dam expensive. have a beer. board plane
6/ during flight pray and keep on praying that the customs in India are in good mood and good luck.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.