New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 am

Scroll down to page 134 for the English version.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

32. Restrictions on carrying of firearm in public place.

(1) No person shall carry a firearm in a public place
unless the firearm is carried –
(a) in the case of a handgun – (i) in a holster or similar holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of a handgun and attached to his person; or (ii) in a rucksack or similar holder; or
(b) in the case of any other firearm, in a holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of a firearm.
148 THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART II—SEC. 3(i)]
(2) A firearm contemplated in sub-rule (1) must be completely covered and the person carrying the firearm must be able to exercise effective control over such firearm.
(3) Brandishing or discharge of firearms or blank-firing firearms in any public place or a firearm free zone is strictly prohibited.
(4) Any violation of this rule shall be liable to revocation of the licence and seizure of the firearm in addition to the penalty specified under the Act.

Is the rule applicable on private security guards as well? Its okay till the time they are on clients private property & the moment they step out with weapon unholstered......they may end up getting their license revoked and weapon seized specially in the world of mobile cameras:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:13 pm

hope this is not the work of airgun wielding poacher!
102 rhinos, 46 tigers, 89 elephants poached in 3 years!
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/over- ... 160803.htm

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:06 pm

I feel that the 'easiest way forward' when you're locked in a conflict of interests with people more powerful than yourself, is lobbying than undertaking a head on conflict. Imho the easier approach for NAGRI would be to use its contacts within the defence and political administration of the country.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:15 pm

This is what happens when people get misled about who they were, what were their rights and what they have become now(due to ignorance). Their rights are made into a license. License is a permission. They now need a license to even possess an air gun. What a degradation! British did their best to destroy the history of this land, to fade the past memories but now the internet is there.

In order to properly understand and interpret the Fundamental Rights under Part III of the Constitution, including Article 25, it is important to understand the the conscience of the people of this land by understanding their historical culture, their history and their historical rights. It is well settled matter of law that rights never die. Also it is well settled matter of law that where two rights concur, the more ancient shall be preferred. Now let us read, understand and take cognizance of the historical fundamental right to keep and bear arms of the people of India from the historical evidence as mentioned below from the book History of the Sikhs 1739 – 1768 Evolution of Sikh Confederacies by Dr. Hari Ram Gupta, foreword by Sir Jadunath Sarkar -
Fighting and riding were the only qualifications required from an individual who came to seek recruitment under a chief, and the possession of a horse and a matchlock was his best recommendation, though in many cases they were assured of these things by the leader from the proceeds of his spoil. - Page 22

"If a Sikh was captured in these expeditions and was asked to disarm himself, he boldly refused to do so, loudly announcing that wearing arms was a part his religion" - Page 173

Qazi Nur Muhammad, the author of the "Jang Namah", who came with the forces of Ahmad Shah Abdali in 1764 to fight against the Sikhs is quoted below -

"Besides these arms, when they take up a musket in hand at the time of battle, they come to the field fiercely springing and roaring like lions and (immediately) split many a beast and make the blood of many others roll in the dust. You may say that the musket was invented in ancient times by these dogs and not by Luqman Hakim. Though guns are possessed in large numbers by others, but nobody know them better. These bad-tempered ( people ) discharge hundreds of bullets on the enemy on the right and left and in front and on the back. If you disbelieve in what I say, enquire from the brave warriors who will tell you more than what I have said and would have nothing but praise for their ( art of ) war. The witnesses of my statement are those thirty thousand heroes who fought with them. - Page 278

The accoutrements of a Sikh soldier while on a march consisted of offensive and defensive weapons, priming horns, ammunition pouches, two blankets, a grain bag and heel ropes, while their cooking utensils were carried on ponies. Swords, spears, scymctar. sabre, two-edped daggers, lances, muskets, guns, cutlasses, pikes, bows and arrows were generally employed. In the handling of these arms, especially the matchlock and the sabre, they were uncommonly expert. - Pages 281 - 282

Their method of attack, as is described by contemporary writers, was this. A party of Sikh horsemen numbering from forty would advance towards the ranks of the enemy galloping at a quick pace and would suddenly draw up their horses who were so expertly trained to this sort of performance that on receiving a stroke of the hand they would stop from a full career. Then they simultaneously discharged their loaded guns from a distance with such marksmanship that not a single shot would fail in its aim. After that they suddenly retired to about a hundred paces, re-loaded their pieces and repeated the old process. All this was done with an alacrity and activity unparalleled by other people of India. This caused a great annoyance to the enemy and made it helpless against them. - Pages 282-83

An old tactic, so frequently resorted to by the Sikhs, was to discharge a sudden volley of bullets and bombs ( huqqa ?) upon the enemy, engage them in fight for an hour or so, and then suddenly retire from the field. This gave the enemy an idea that the Sikhs had taken to flight. A detachment of the enemy pursued them. When the Sikhs found their pursuers away from the immediate succour of their main body, they would all of a sudden come to a halt, return and attack them vehemently. Each Sikh fought hand to hand with his opponent, grappled his distortions and hideous cries. They then throttled, tore and slaughtered him, thus cutting the whole batch to pieces. - Pages 283-84
It is pertinent to note from the above clearly mentioning that wearing of arms was part of religion and it was loudly announced by the captured soldiers. Above historical records also clearly establish that all kinds of latest firearms of the time like matchlocks and muskets was the part and parcel of their fundamental rights including religious rights. This clearly establishes these rights to be inalienable part and parcel of Part III in general and of Article 25 in particular. The State has no jurisdiction to infringe whatsoever over these rights.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:46 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:This is what happens when people get misled about who they were, what were their rights and what they have become now(due to ignorance). Their rights are made into a license. License is a permission. They now need a license to even possess an air gun. What a degradation! British did their best to destroy the history of this land, to fade the past memories but now the internet is there.
Traditions :roll:

We are a nation of IT nerds not of warriors any more and Sikhs of today are no different. PC rules the roost now. I still remember comments of a TV program host about a group performing Gatka that why you guys give swords to so young kids. He forgot Guru Gobind Singhji's eldest sons were 13 & 17 when they were martyred in Battle and younger were 5 & 8 when they were buried alive in a wall.

There is no hope left in this country for arms loving people.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

shivi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shivi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:30 pm

15 ft/lb indeed! but who, where and how will they figure that out? ...

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Dear All,

I see there is lot of noise here and nothing practically happening on the ground.

My search for Freedom to bear arms has lead to this video-

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/gunned-down/

Kindly see the video, unless we stand up and fight back with this issue, its inevitable that the law is passed. A strong lobby is necessary and immediately to take this issue to far reach- in newspapers and social media.

An online petition can me made immediately (in less than 2 days) to be signed by as many members and supports to start off with.

Please post your views and alternative methods.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

ashokpkl
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokpkl » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Is it law now. I received an email from Precihole that they have stopped making/selling .22 Air Rifles. It obviously effects a new purchase but what about thousands of .22 cal existing owners ?

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 pm

I still believe that fixing a meeting with the Home Minister as well as mustering support of Col. RS Rathore & Gen Singh might be the easier way forward...

ashokpkl
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokpkl » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:59 pm

I agree. The association must (a) Meet the home minister, (b) involve the National press and (c) request changes to make the life of a bona-fide licencee easier and (d) impress upon them that we need quality firearms and ammo. If makers like Kalyani can design and deliver world class field guns when will the Indian rifle / shotgun owner be freed from expensive very poor quality firearms and ammo?

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 pm

nitroex700 wrote:I still believe that fixing a meeting with the Home Minister as well as mustering support of Col. RS Rathore & Gen Singh might be the easier way forward...
Mr. Rathore did not even respond to my tweet about this and I have seen him replying to all n sundry. Its final .22 Air guns are licensed. No Gen, MP etc will help as it does not effect them. Manufacturers will simply move to.177 because it will not effect their sales.

its done and dusted.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:11 pm

ashokpkl wrote:what about thousands of .22 cal existing owners ?
Surely you mean MILLIONS of existing owners!

Already data of 2.6 million arms licenses have been entered in to the National Database of Arms Licensees (NDAL), the last date for entering details of all arms licenses in NDAL is April 2017 (as per the Arms Rules 2016). The final tally may be close to 3 million individual arms license holders in India.

Considering that so far airguns required NO LICENSE, it would be safe to assume that there would be many times the number of airguns in circulation than licensed firearms.

Also, since the vast majority of airguns made in India are in .22 cal (over 99%), which has traditionally also been the pellet size most preferred in India, it would be safe to assume that at least 95% of all airguns in India are in .22 cal.

I am willing to bet that there would be a bare minimum of 10 million .22 airguns in India today.

Issuing licenses for these would mean overnight multiplying the number of arms license holders in India by many times. Something which is practically impossible to execute, unless the government stops all other activities and just focusses all it's attention on issuing airgun licenses! :evil:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Terminator-X
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Terminator-X » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:32 pm

www.airgunindia.com has removed all the pellets of .22, .25, .30, .35 etc. from their site. The're selling .177 pellets only. Is this because of this new arms rule

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:38 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
nitroex700 wrote:I still believe that fixing a meeting with the Home Minister as well as mustering support of Col. RS Rathore & Gen Singh might be the easier way forward...
Mr. Rathore did not even respond to my tweet about this and I have seen him replying to all n sundry. Its final .22 Air guns are licensed. No Gen, MP etc will help as it does not effect them. Manufacturers will simply move to.177 because it will not effect their sales.

its done and dusted.
A tweet may go unnoticed surely, but an appointment & a memo to HMO & MPs will certainly go a long way in buttressing our cause... If you ask me that's the easiest way out if we are to escape persecution by the pulis very soon...