Application for AL in Gandhinagar

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ankur_ank007

Re: Application for AL in Gandhinagar

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Dear Rup Ji,

I have already met him some time ago, after advice from Mr. Yograg Sinh ji, If any such certificate is mandatory I shall get the same done, however, when I submitted my AL Application form at Jan Seva Kendra last friday they asked me a lot of documents but didn't asked me for any training certificate. I also personally met the Deputy Collector, he checked my files, advised to attached a couple of more documents but didn't asked for medical certificate or training certificate.

I hope they accept my application, in case any query is raised, I shall look into the options of training certificate from home guard's office or from Khanpur club.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Dear Fellows and Senior Members,

Finally a date for hearing of my application has been fixed with the Licensing Authority. On 8th of coming month I have been called by the LA to appear before him (Deputy to DC-Gandhinagar). I have prepared a set of documents which I have submitted at the time of application. My basis of application is for self defence as I have property disputes with my relatives as well as threat to my life due to non-acceptance of my intercaste marriage by my uncles. Apart from that I have taken a print out of Arms act 1959, various judgements of High Courts and Supreme Courts so that in any case if the Bureaucratic soul of LA feels disregard for Article 21 of Indian Constitution and Section 13 and 14 of Arms Act of India 1959, I can discuss with him details.

I would like to seek advice from senior members and fellows and also some tips so that without hurting the feelings of the LA, I can satisfy him and get my License Sanctioned.

Regards,

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:39 pm

Just don't hurt the LA's ego and at the same time don't bend over your back and be firm about what you say.Be Diplomatic.
GOOD LUCK

GNV

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 pm

GNV wrote:Just don't hurt the LA's ego and at the same time don't bend over your back and be firm about what you say.Be Diplomatic.
GOOD LUCK

GNV
Thanks Sir,

I personally met a few people in the Collector's office and they suggested that since you are a resident of UP and a non Gujarati, it might be quite difficult for you to get AL from Gandhinagar. In Case, if it is refused by the LA, may I go ahead to file Writ of Mandamus with the High Court of Gujarat?

I am a simple man with no enough wallet weight and no political approach. I am quite nervous.

Regards,

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:25 pm

If you reside in U.P, I don't understand why are you applying in Gandhinagar, Gujarat?.It is most unlikely to get AL in such a case. I really don't know. If AL is declined you can appeal to a higher authority who handles such appeals on state level, before going to the courts.

Regards,
GNV

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:32 pm

GNV wrote:If you reside in U.P, I don't understand why are you applying in Gandhinagar, Gujarat?.It is most unlikely to get AL in such a case. I really don't know. If AL is declined you can appeal to a higher authority who handles such appeals on state level, before going to the courts.

Regards,
GNV
Hi,

I am a permanent resident of Lucknow, U.P. but I have been living in Gujarat continuously for almost 2 years now. Apart from this I have a threat to life because even after hailing from Lucknow, being a kayasth by caste I married my wife from Bihar, an Inter-caste love marriage.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:07 pm

ankur_ank007 wrote:Hi,
I am a permanent resident of Lucknow, U.P. but I have been living in Gujarat continuously for almost 2 years now. Apart from this I have a threat to life because even after hailing from Lucknow, being a kayasth by caste I married my wife from Bihar, an Inter-caste love marriage.

Regards
Ankur,

Keeping the law aside (you can get things done as per law/ Arms Act/ Rules, normally by going to court only). Hence, as far as the threat to life goes, the LA follows the policy of 'Grave and Imminent threat to life' For that to happen you must have been attacked or threatened and in that case there would be an FIR filed. The police would still be investigating the case or may have closed the case as the FIR would be against some unknown persons.
If you are aware of the reason for the threat then you would be suspecting some one and would have named the person in your FIR. The police may or may not take action against the person if, after investigation they decide that the person mentioned is not involved (though the outcome does not affect your case).
Therefore, if you have attach copies of the FIR with your application it would be a help in getting the license.

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:29 pm

aadhaulya wrote:
ankur_ank007 wrote:Hi,

Regards
Ankur,

Keeping the law aside (you can get things done as per law/ Arms Act/ Rules, normally by going to court only). Hence, as far as the threat to life goes, the LA follows the policy of 'Grave and Imminent threat to life' For that to happen you must have been attacked or threatened and in that case there would be an FIR filed. The police would still be investigating the case or may have closed the case as the FIR would be against some unknown persons.
If you are aware of the reason for the threat then you would be suspecting some one and would have named the person in your FIR. The police may or may not take action against the person if, after investigation they decide that the person mentioned is not involved (though the outcome does not affect your case).
Therefore, if you have attach copies of the FIR with your application it would be a help in getting the license.

Atul
Dear Atul ji,

I have been receiving threats for life from my relatives, for which I had filed a couple of FIRs. I have attached the copies with my application form. My interview is scheduled with the LA on 8th of this month at 3 PM. Lets hope for the best. I have also talked to a Lawyer in case a Writ of Mandamus is needed to be filed with Gujarat High Court.

Can you (or someone else) suggest me if I go through cout, what time it may take the Honourable take to consider the writ for hearing?

Regards
Ankur

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Ankur,

I am not conversant with the procedures of the law, but I believe that one can request for a fast track hearing because, after all your life is at stake. Kindly confirm from a lawyer.

Regards

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Dear Fellow Members and Seniors,

In case if my AL application is rejected and I am exhausted by all means like meeting the appellate authority can I file a Writ petition in SC requesting for a fast track hearing and directing states to respect the various HCs and The SC in support of RKBA or do I need to go to Gujarat HC and file a Writ for grant of my AL.

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Hello dear members,

I reached Gandhinagar Collectorate yesterday, what I came to know is, the SP of Gandhinagar was transferred and hence my file is in pending list, I will receive a notice on my address, then I will have to appear.

I think I am quite unlucky this time, I am afraid the file may be pending for infinite time, or it may take months even after a strong followups.

I am confused what to do now.

Regards,
Ankur

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Yesterday the local PS report went to the SP office- Gandhinagar with positive comments. I was called there by the SHO and he read the report to me (which was in Gujarati, and translated too) and asked for my signature on it. Now as they said to me, I shall be called by the SP in a few days to be interviewed. Lets hope that he also supports the reasons. I hope the application be processed in a few weeks now. The basic question they all are raising is "Why should you be allowed to keep a weapon when you belong to lucknow. What if you commit a crime and run away."
Let's see what they do now.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Lage raho Munnabhai!

Chances are the Superintendent of Police shall decline your application despite the lower Police officers clearing it, and where from the Collector will decide to do the same.

Thereafter, file an appeal with the Home Secretary. The file shall languish for a minimum of 5 years before they even deem to hear your appeal.

This is Gujarat. They take and process your application relatively fast but obfuscate and pass the buck around when it comes to actually granting it. Lately there have been no new licenses granted anywhere in the State because the incumbent Home Minister has expressively forbade their issue.

Nevertheless, best of luck!
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:59 pm

Katana wrote:Lage raho Munnabhai!

Chances are the Superintendent of Police shall decline your application despite the lower Police officers clearing it, and where from the Collector will decide to do the same.

Thereafter, file an appeal with the Home Secretary. The file shall languish for a minimum of 5 years before they even deem to hear your appeal.

This is Gujarat. They take and process your application relatively fast but obfuscate and pass the buck around when it comes to actually granting it. Lately there have been no new licenses granted anywhere in the State because the incumbent Home Minister has expressively forbade their issue.

Nevertheless, best of luck!
Normally it is the same everywhere. Even UP has been in news because of this ban on Licenses but one could still get it for personal protection.

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:56 pm

I have my Writ of Mandates ready and along with AL application I attached the copies of FIR reporting reporting Honour Killing threats and 7 copies of High Court and Supreme Court orders.
I am not loosing hope.