HOW TO GET YOUR ARMS LICENSE PROCESSED

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: HOW TO GET YOUR ARMS LICENSE PROCESSED

Post by sjohn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:46 pm

I recently submitted my arms licence application under the sports category at the home dept in hyderabad. I was informed by the staff there the entire process will take about 4 to 6 months. It took 35 days for my application to reach my commissionerate from the home dept. Hopefully things should speed up before the general election notification is out.

For Advertising mail webmaster
azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by azizQuadri » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:38 am

veeveeaar wrote:A arms licence application is to be decided "" GRANTED or DENIED "" within 90 days from the date of application.It should be decided within 60 days from the reciept of police report. In your case why did you take the help of the socalled ''ARMS DEALER"". this is a WRONG path. Always send the application by registered post.
Now since your application has not se the light, dont go to any office or officer in person. Send ypur reminder by REGISTERED POST only. Repeat reminders every 30 days by RPAD. you wil get the final result.
As per the new Arms Rules 2016 , every service is time bound. By sending your reminders by RPAD, your case gets more stronger by the days of delay.
JAI HIND
Hi Veeveeaar, thanks for the help, I've recently visited the principal Secretary and made an appeal to him asking to take a decision and shared the copy of police report, He had put up the file for personal hearing on 21/2/2019, I have to visit him and make an representation again , hopefully he will take a call on that date. will keep you posted on this, thanks

azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by azizQuadri » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:37 pm

sjohn wrote:I recently submitted my arms licence application under the sports category at the home dept in hyderabad. I was informed by the staff there the entire process will take about 4 to 6 months. It took 35 days for my application to reach my commissionerate from the home dept. Hopefully things should speed up before the general election notification is out.
Hi John, its highly impossible to get the job done before election notification, based on the pace at which our Hyderabad commissionerate is working. however if you really want to get the job done before election notification you would have to personally follow up with the concerned authorities, I've had a very tough time and is following up the police department to submit report since 9 months, Keep me posted about your progress and let me know if any assistance is needed i can guide you up with my 9 months of pain taking experiences.

sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sjohn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi Aziz, your assistance will be of great help. Please let me know how do i take my application forward and who do you suggest i meet. Is your application also under the sports category ?

azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by azizQuadri » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:59 pm

sjohn wrote:Hi Aziz, your assistance will be of great help. Please let me know how do i take my application forward and who do you suggest i meet. Is your application also under the sports category ?
Hi john, My application is under self defense category, however the process is same.

as you mentioned in your last conversation that you had submitted the application at Home department and the same had been to commissioner office. by now it must have reached your zone's DCP office and if the DCP office had forwarded in time, it must be now with your area police station.

1) you need to check with your concerned are police station if they have received their application for police verification, The best person to help you at your police station in this regards is the" Writer" of the police station, visit your police station and meet the writer.

2) if in case the area police station haven't received the application for the submission of report, you need to Visit the concerned DCP office, the best person to help you at your DCP office is the "CC" to DCP.

3) if in case the file haven't reached the DCP office you need to Visit the commissioners office at basheer bagh during the visiting Hours ie between 3pm to 5pm and visit third Floor, arms section, and the best person to help you there is Mr (*****)pa to addl cp.

4) if the Commissioner office haven't received the file yet, you would have to visit Secretariat at tank bund during visiting hours 3pm to 5pm,
@ A block, 5th floors arms section, cant share the name of the concerned person here.

Once you find where your file is persuade them to forward it respectively to next stage.

for your knowledge ill explain the flow of file.

stage 1: submission of application at Home department.

stage 2 : file reaches commissioner office.

stage 3 : file reaches DCP office

stage 4 : file reaches concerned area police station and report is submitted to acp office.

stage 5 : file reaches acp office and is forwarded to DCP office

stage 6 : DCP makes final remarks and forwards the file to Commissioner office.

stage 7 : file reaches Cp office and the Addl Comm makes the remarks and forward to the Desk of CP.

stage 8 : The CP makes final remarks and forwards the file to Home Dept.

stahe 9 : The principal Secretary grants license based on your report received from police dept.

further there is a little more process to go ....................... kindly update me once you receive an update on your file, let me know if i can be of any more help, best of luck.

azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by azizQuadri » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:04 pm

veeveeaar wrote:A arms licence application is to be decided "" GRANTED or DENIED "" within 90 days from the date of application.It should be decided within 60 days from the reciept of police report. In your case why did you take the help of the socalled ''ARMS DEALER"". this is a WRONG path. Always send the application by registered post.
Now since your application has not se the light, dont go to any office or officer in person. Send ypur reminder by REGISTERED POST only. Repeat reminders every 30 days by RPAD. you wil get the final result.
As per the new Arms Rules 2016 , every service is time bound. By sending your reminders by RPAD, your case gets more stronger by the days of delay.
JAI HIND
Hi veeveeaar, thanks for the help, yes it was my mistake to take help from the Arms dealer and as suggested by you I'm forwarding the reminders to concerned authorities, will keep you posted on same. thanks

sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sjohn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:41 am

Thank you Aziz for such a detailed response. I certainly will start following up on a weekly basis now. I come under the rachakonda commissionerate and the CP's office is at Gachibowli therefore i will follow up accordingly. As soon as i have an update i will post it on this thread.

sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sjohn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi Aziz, here's my update so far -

14th Dec 18 - submitted my application at the home dept

18th Jan '19 - commissionerate receives my application

8th Feb - local police station receives my application.

16th Feb - verification visit by HC, was asked to show all original documents

23rd Feb - 1on1 interview with SHO, was asked to deposit an affidavit disclosing the purpose of applying for an arms license.

13th March to 27th May - general elections

31st May - sub inspector conducts a home visit.

1st June - SHO recommends issue of arms license

22nd June - 1on1 with ACP was asked to carry all original documents and submit colour photocopies. Signs off as 'recommended'

6th July - DCP signs off as 'recommended' no interview conducted.

12th July - commissionerate receives my application, application..cleared by CCS and now pending commissioner approval. Have been asked to report on 3rd August.

7 months and counting and I am sure a couple of months left before there is any closure. A special mention for the Telengana PD - in all the touch points I had never was I asked to pay a bribe.