Airsoft Thread

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Airsoft Thread

Post by estousandy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:56 pm

For those who are interested in M9/92FS airsofts, this updated discussion might just summarize the picture.

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13405
The M9 and 92FS is the exact same pistol. The only difference is the markings on the slide and seeing how most airsoft Berettas don't come with real markings anyway it's no difference.

M9 is simply the military's own designation for it. 92FS is Berettas designation. M9s are 92FSs. The military just uses their own naming system for record keeping and inventory reasons.
Just like the military calls it a M4A1, but Colt calls it an Colt 921. Same rifle.

As for who makes the best? Depends what you describe as best.
-WA: I wouldn't consider the WA much. They're nicely made, but pretty expensive for an all plastic pistol of iffy durability with stronger gasses and limited upgrade potential. Working decocker.

-KWC: No experience with them. I hear KWCs tend to be pretty robust, but kinda outdated designs and with practically no upgrades available. There's better designs out there for the same money.

-KWA/KSC: They make good guns, especially the new NS2/System7 models. Not much aftermarket for their m9s but they are good enough that there isn't much you need to do to them. Good guns as long as you don't plan to change it much. Working decocker. RA-Tech seems to be working on a steel slide for these.

-Old Marui M9: It's a Marui, 'nuff said. Good accuracy and range, good efficiency. Not the most powerful and made of plastic, but enough aftermarket parts available to do anything you want with it. Guarder has steel parts available and it's the only design you can get a steel slide for from SAT (for $500 though ouch) if you want a bit of extra authenticity. No working decocker though kinda lets it down a bit.

-New Marui M9A1: Released not too long ago. Adds a working decocker and other little changes to update things a bit like aseparate extractor and rear sight. But a new design that's mostly not compatible with aftermarket parts for the older M9. Shooter Design makes an aluminum body kit but it's pricy. I'm sure the aftermaket will grow soon. Only available as a railed M9A1 variant so far which is just ugghhh :sick:

-KJW: Pretty much a straight up clone of the old Marui M9 but with potmetal body instead of plastic. Probably the most popular M9s out there. Compatible with all Marui parts, built like tanks. Cheap paint finish looks kinda lame though. Good if you want a rugged, if ugly skirmish gun and don't feel like paying more for the Marui. Inexpensive base to start upgrading from.

-Old WE: Also a clone of the old Marui design. Hear they wear out and break pretty easy. I'd avoid them and just go with a KJW if you want a cheaper sidearm.

-New WE: Clone of the new Marui design. Full metal. Also with working decocker, but WE made it select-fire for some stupid reason. The fit and finish on these is pretty good. I hear newer WE's are a huge improvement over their older designs.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

For Advertising mail webmaster
hrman
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hrman » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Good comparison estousandy.
Glad I got my KJW M9. Although I havent used it since.
Just yesterday, the HK post website shows my 1 Green gas cylinder from AirsoftigerHK was packed at HK port for outbound. They were handed over the package on 22nd August, so its taken over one month just to bag the item for outbound. :evil: I think it may take another 6-8 weeks to arrive.
Meanwhile my other lot of green gas cylinders which has been handed to HK post by Ehobby Asia on 5th Sept was also bagged yesterday.:deadhorse: Looks like an endless wait for my first shot out of the pistol.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 pm

For those who are interested in AK airsofts, this updated discussion might just summarize the picture.

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index ... ic=18983.0
Real Sword got the most reliable, most durable, and probably the best internal and external work of all, but only do the Chinese Copy of the real AK, the Type-56 (actually, save for the SVD, Real Sword only do Chinese originated weapons or the Chinese version of the AK) apart from that, its price is quite high, as expected for the masterpiece.

VFC has good overall characteristics, especially the very well finished externals, but VFC AKs are mostly discontinued nowadays.

LCT has arguably best externals, but its internal is not as good as that of CYMA

Tokyo Marui is a beautiful piece of art, its aftermarket internals can, in fact, be the best (just as expected from Japanese manufacturing) but the AEG is strictly limited to Japanese Gun Law, so TM AEG is to be made of plastic (some are even toy-grade) making it not durable. The ball velocity of the AEG is also under Japanese limitation, which is around 300 fps, it may not be good in ranged engagement(Debatable, since these optimized lower fps TMs outguns even most modded guns at ranges due to their superior hop-up/construction).

CYMA has a very powerful improvised internals, one model in particular can go at 480 fps out of the box, making it illegal for most fields, but its external is made of cast metal, it's not so durable (although surely more durable than the plastic TM) my current AEG is CYMA, and I've shattered it's trunion almost barehandedly. (Btw, CYMA used to be Crap-You-Must-Avoid, the ones before the CM048 that is.)

JG is very tough, my previous AEG is a JG, it's been with me for 4 years now without any sight of major broke down, and I've only change its fuse contact to make it continue running so far. Sadly not many of it is produced, probably it's out of the market now(not really, very much available now as further reinforced 2012 versions).

D-Boys/Kalash used to be inferior among the Chinese manufactured AEGs, but it has an epic comeback recently, its externals are made of full steel (though not as tough as that of LCT or Real Sword), the air seal, which used to be it's weakpoint in the past has been improved, and it has better production rate than CYMA, it has gain a lot of popularity in my country recently.

ICS started off quite a blast, but players soon found their major setback: their gearbox is made in its own layout and most of its internal parts is not interchangeable with other AEGs, making repair and maintenance difficult.

Echo 1 rebrands JG or CYMA, same goes with Cybergun. Therefore, on the better side.

APS has got messed up internals. They tried to do too much too fast & ended up incomplete.[/i]

For GBB AKs, choose a GHK(LCT) though pricey, but avoid KWA at all costs due to poor internal design, especially the nozzle.

All in all, I'd recommend you to get an LCT externals and a hybrid CYMA/Tokyo Marui Gearbox and Prometeus Precision Barrel, else pick up a JG & mod it when it comes to it.

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Guys, Sorry for absconding all these days and inactive in the forum posting;-)

But my passion towards guns are always active:-)

I have imported three guns recently

1) Beretta pellet pistol -CO2 power plant
2) Beretta PX4 bb/pellet pistol-CO2 power plant
3) Colt python revolver BB gun-CO2 power plant.

Interestingly I found that these guns are more powerful, more durable and more realistic compared to airsoft guns.

Ofcourse I know that comparing airgun and airsoft is really foolish, but when we are getting the realistic feeling like airsoft, why cant we go for this airguns.

Also I dont completely agree that the above three guns are airguns except the calibre of the pellets or BBs. I can say they are semi airguns ( which have more airsoft features)

All the above guns have more than or around 400fps.

They are manufactured by umarax.

Relatively cheap, also the ammos are easily available in Indian market.

Only hassle is the customs while importing:-(

But other wise, I am completely impressed with these guns and their performance.

KD

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Kiran, congrats for the new guns!!

I really like the Px4 as it's a blowback. You must be realy enjoying your membership there :mrgreen:
kiran2608 wrote: ( which have more airsoft features)

KD
I'm sorry i didn't fully get that. What did you mean by airsoft features?

AFAIK, the word airsoft/softair just means "air" + "soft" based on the nature of hit it makes on the target, ie, a milder kind than a hard metal BB. This it attains through low mass 6/8mm plastic ball bullets(BB). Propulsion/features can be same as normal airguns(spring/gas/electric). This milder hit nature enables it to be used in airsoft wars/simulations/re-enactments & the kind where airsoft is actually used. One can end up in jail for causing harm/death if they use an airgun(4.5/.177/.22) for such activities. Thus, airsoft.

In the non-gun challenged world, most people buy AS for this exact purpose of recreation & the rest there outta fancy or for collection. Sadly, most buy it here due to lack of any other options or realism in normal airguns. The ones with realism like those you imported will cost an arm, head, home, car and the pet (EDIT: w/o membership- obtaining one is next to impossible for many). Thus, people don't buy them much.

The idea of recreational airsofting eludes us.

Excuse the pedantic mood :mrgreen:
Last edited by estousandy on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:10 pm

http://www.nationofchange.org/blogs/ala ... 1390494452

A Review of Various Airsoft Gun Laws Worldwide
ALAN STARC
Published: Thursday 23 January 2014
The laws governing the sale and usage of airsoft guns around the world can be roughly divided into two categories: restrictive and relaxed.

In some countries, airsoft guns are regarded at par with firearms and hence, their sale and usage are subject to certain legal conditions. In other countries, sale and usage of airsoft guns are not as restrictive and laws are applied only when a problem arises. Roughly, laws are more restrictive in the so-called developed countries than those in the so-called developing and underdeveloped countries.

However, in many developing and underdeveloped countries, the idea of using airsoft guns is still maturing and that could be a factor behind the relative relaxation or absence of specific laws.

Here is a brief review of the laws governing the sale and usage of airsoft guns around the world.

Developed countries

Most news sources are funded by corporations and investors. Their goal is to drive people to advertisers while pushing the corporate agenda. NationofChange is a 501(c)3 organization funded almost 100% from its readers–you! Our only accountability is to the public. Click here to make a generous donation.

Airsoft guns have existed for a long time in developed countries such as the United Kingdom, United States, and European countries, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. So, it is quite fair to assume that the knowledge and usage of airsoft guns is quite prevalent. Expectedly, the laws have evolved after taking into account different situations around airsoft guns.

In most countries, airsoft guns are regarded at par with firearms and different acts and laws make it imperative to follow certain procedures before applying for an airsoft gun. So, buying an airsoft gun is not as simple or straightforward as buying a toy gun. For example, in New South Wales State in Australia, airsoft guns are regulated under the Firearms Act 1996.

In Austria, airsoft guns and pistols with a capacity of more than 0.08 joules are available only in shops selling firearms. In Canada, under the Canadian Firearms Program, airsoft guns resembling a firearm are deemed replica firearms and are publicly prohibited. The Canadian Border Services Agency confiscates all airsoft guns possessed by individuals. In Denmark, though it is not considered a firearm, to possess it, one must be at least 18 years of age.

There are some relaxations, subject to certain fulfilled conditions, however. In Germany, airsoft guns under the capacity of 0.5 joules can be sold to anyone above 3 years of age.

Developing countries

Airsoft gun is a relatively new idea and a new import and so, authorities are still to come up with comprehensive legislation. The fact that airsoft guns above a certain capacity are capable of causing serious injuries is yet to be legally recognized.

In Hong Kong, airsoft guns below the capacity of 2 joules are considered toys. In Indonesia, there are virtually no laws governing airsoft guns. In India, it is not illegal to possess and use airsoft guns though there are no specific laws governing the guns. The authorities swing into action only when a problem arises. Japan considers airsoft guns within 1 joule as toys and anything above that is subject to legal sanctions. In Philippines, airsoft guns are popular and they are used for sports activities. However, such guns must first be registered.

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:25 pm

estousandy wrote:Kiran, congrats for the new guns!!

I really like the Px4 as it's a blowback. You must be realy enjoying your membership there :mrgreen:

KD

AFAIK, the word airsoft/softair just means "air" + "soft" based on the nature of hit it makes on the target, ie, a milder kind than a hard metal BB. This it attains through low mass 6/8mm plastic ball bullets(BB). Propulsion/features can be same as normal airguns(spring/gas/electric). This milder hit nature enables it to be used in airsoft wars/simulations/re-enactments & the kind where airsoft is actually used. One can end up in jail for causing harm/death if they use an airgun(4.5/.177/.22) for such activities. Thus, airsoft.

In the non-gun challenged world, most people buy AS for this exact purpose of recreation & the rest there outta fancy or for collection. Sadly, most buy it here due to lack of any other options or realism in normal airguns. The ones with realism like those you imported will cost an arm, head, home, car and the pet. Thus, people don't buy them much.

Hi Sandy,

I completely agree with the definition of airsoft mentioned in your post. Adding to that, airsoft guns are also replicas or imitation of fire arms.

For example, Beretta M92F airsoft is a xerox copy of the fire arm. It works like a fire arms, blow back, magazine, pellets loading system etc. Where as Beretta air gun is little different mechanism. Its actually a revolver where it fires only 8 pellets and no magazine system.

And when it comes to PX4 airsoft, its also a replica and PX4 airpistol is again a revolver mechanism. But this has magazines and kinda replica.

We in India we dont have this airsoft wars or games concept due to permissions and restrictions. We acquire them only for plinking or target shooting.

Instead of spending so much on airsoft, why cant we get airpistols which are almost replicas, cheaper, can acquire them officially with our rifle club membership and relatively accurate too.

Ofcours there are pro and cons with this too, like some stupids harming pets, making pranks, etc.

But a real gun lover doesnt harm anyone I believe.

I have spent around 20K for beretta model airsoft. And I have spent less than 10K with my membership, for colt revolver airgun.

Both have their own attractions, but compared to accuracy and velocity, airgun ( colt revolver) is fun.

This colt revolver has around 400fps and can hit a target up to 15 mts.

Conclusion is, I recommend all gun lovers to get the membership even if its a difficult thing, get a certificate from the club, practice the correct way of positions, aiming, holding the weapons etc. At the same time you can also acquire a airgun ( imported) with your membership.

KD

manik008
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manik008 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Does paintball gun/marker require a license. And what are the permits required for a paintball feild in karnataka?

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm

kiran2608 wrote:
We in India we dont have this airsoft wars or games concept due to permissions and restrictions.
Sadly.

Hope we get there someday.

Yes you're right Kiran, this Px4 & the Gamo PT85 are the only two APs with AS GBB like mechanism. Everything(?) else are revolvers in pistol shells.

hrman
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hrman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

SO, I finally got my Airsoft Top Gas cans from HK. The first one was placed with airsofttiger and was part of the order which contained the pistol. This was ordered around 21st August. The gas cans reached me on 17th Nov after a slow ship travel.
The other set of 5 cans were ordered around the first week of September, also landed up on 18th Nov.

I did not face any issues with customs on the order.
Had some rounds of shooting with the pistol. It looks and feels great. I also ordered a laser sighter, which I fitted to the bottom 20mm rail of the pistol. Had to make some adjustments to the accuracy of the laser and the pistol's sight. Good fun so far!!

maheshvijay93
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maheshvijay93 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Congrats Bro!!! :)

How's the power by the way?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kartik.95
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kartik.95 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 am

Hi members,

So I am planning to import any of the following :
KSC 4.5mm (.177) CO2 GBB pistol
KSC 6mm GBB CO2 Airsoft pistol
CYMA Full Metal AK74 AEG

All of the above can be shipped from HK. Even the AEG can be sent as fully disassembled but I wish to know if any of you have successfully imported such a full metal aeg before.
Moreover, I do not have a rifle club membership ( which is not required for 6mm). I wish to take a risk and import the 4.5mm in a disassembled condition because it comes to the same if customs confiscates the 6mm or the 4.5mm as I wont be going to clear it from Delhi as I am from the north east.

All help will be highly appreciated. I plan to order the airsoft items from asiaairsoft.

Thanks in Advance !

Also, I had joined IFG long ago but lost details of my old account and email. So I made this new account for which I am unable to send pm to you all now. If you can help with the import please PM me and share your contact details . Thanks again.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:22 pm

The risk involved is too high considering the items in your list. I suggest you wait a while, atleast till Feb.

When you order, make it for ~4 packages(for AK) each valued between 30-50$ with different figures for each. Import one by one. You'll get atleast 2 packages in hand even if caught.

Many tried, many succeeded, many fell. Try.
Last edited by estousandy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kartik.95
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kartik.95 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:47 pm

kiran2608 wrote:
estousandy wrote:Kiran, congrats for the new guns!!

KD

In the non-gun challenged world, most people buy AS for this exact purpose of recreation & the rest there outta fancy or for collection. Sadly, most buy it here due to lack of any other options or realism in normal airguns. The ones with realism like those you imported will cost an arm, head, home, car and the pet. Thus, people don't buy them much.

Hi Sandy,

I completely agree with the definition of airsoft mentioned in your post. Adding to that, airsoft guns are also replicas or imitation of fire arms.

For example, Beretta M92F airsoft is a xerox copy of the fire arm. It works like a fire arms, blow back, magazine, pellets loading system etc. Where as Beretta air gun is little different mechanism. Its actually a revolver where it fires only 8 pellets and no magazine system.

And when it comes to PX4 airsoft, its also a replica and PX4 airpistol is again a revolver mechanism. But this has magazines and kinda replica.

We in India we dont have this airsoft wars or games concept due to permissions and restrictions. We acquire them only for plinking or target shooting.

Instead of spending so much on airsoft, why cant we get airpistols which are almost replicas, cheaper, can acquire them officially with our rifle club membership and relatively accurate too.

Ofcours there are pro and cons with this too, like some stupids harming pets, making pranks, etc.

But a real gun lover doesnt harm anyone I believe.

I have spent around 20K for beretta model airsoft. And I have spent less than 10K with my membership, for colt revolver airgun.

Both have their own attractions, but compared to accuracy and velocity, airgun ( colt revolver) is fun.

This colt revolver has around 400fps and can hit a target up to 15 mts.

Conclusion is, I recommend all gun lovers to get the membership even if its a difficult thing, get a certificate from the club, practice the correct way of positions, aiming, holding the weapons etc. At the same time you can also acquire a airgun ( imported) with your membership.

KD
Thanks so much for your reply and the PM. Kindly send me your email if you dont mind. I dont have the ability to reply to PM as yet .

So , I am planning to import only 1 of the above items ( in disassembled condition and in 2 packages) . I see that some have been successful in doing importing GBB guns . Thats why I got the courage . Did you suggest waiting till Feb because of elections ?

kartik.95
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kartik.95 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:43 am

Have mailed you :)