Spent a day with Inder yesterday

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Spent a day with Inder yesterday

Post by HSharief » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:45 am

One of these weekends, if I don't have anything going on, I'll drive over to Chicago with my Benelli Super Black Eagle and Beretta 682 and we can go shooting. BUT, if we go to Naperville, I can't shoot my reloads so we may have to look at another reasonable place.

We'll plan something, I have Mehul's number and I'll call him and he'll call the rest of the guys. Is that OK ???

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:14 am

Sharief,

Good to hear this, buddy. Hope to see you here. As far as steel ammo is concerned, the club sells it at $ 5 a box of 25 though I have been told Dick's have apsecially discounted ammo at $ 3.25 a box. That, in any case, is the least of our problems. DO come over and we can have a good time. This could also be an IFG get together in Chicago at my place - if the ladies come, too, we could have a really nice get together.

Cheers!

Mehul

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:57 pm

Hey Sharief,

Tell me about it.... I will happily pay for ammo for everybody if you just let me shoot once with that Berretta :mrgreen: :D. Hey come over Man. We can go to Wheaton this Sunday for the Gun show and what happened to the plans of Pheasant shooting.. Guys plan something..........pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :D

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:47 pm

We can go to Wheaton this Sunday for the Gun show and what happened to the plans of Pheasant shooting.. Guys plan something..........pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Are you sure you were sent there to work? :roll:

It must be lovely being a techie. :mrgreen:

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 pm

Planning Mr. Bana Planning......

I am working my A$$ off on weekdays so that I can have fun on the weekends... and I am Lovin it :D
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:20 am

So what's the plan guys? Are we going to Wheaton and then to the Naperville club? When and where are we meeting?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am

Amit,

Will be a little busy until tomorrow evening - SWMBO returns from India - but IMO the best thing to do would be to meet up at Inder's apartment and then go from there to Wheaton and then to the Naperville ckub. I'll call and talk to you either this evening or tomorrow without fail.

Mehul

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:24 am

mehulkamdar";p="5576 wrote: Amit,

Will be a little busy until tomorrow evening - SWMBO returns from India - but IMO the best thing to do would be to meet up at Inder's apartment and then go from there to Wheaton and then to the Naperville ckub. I'll call and talk to you either this evening or tomorrow without fail.

Mehul

I think that is a good Idea. You all are welcome to my room and after a round of Cuppa we can decide on the program.

Inder

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:38 am

Just talked to Mehul.

Shareif, it will be awesome if you can make it this weekend.

And also, for the Pheasant hunt, we should plan something for the first weekend in December. What are the rates at that place in Michigan you are talking about?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:07 am

Gentlemen,

Just got back and have a little work to finish. i shall be mailing all oir contact details to everyone who wants to join about an hour from now (6:45 Chicago time.)

Yes, Sharief, it would be nice if you could join, buddy. In any case, I am game for a Michigan shoot later - there is one more member here from Michigan - I wonder if he would like to join? There is also a member at the NE forums whom I have invited to register here who is in Michigan - he is a big bore double rifle buff. Let's see how we could make this a bid IFG get together in the Midwest. I wonder if any of our friends in the Northeast could join? Gentlemen, Airtran and United offer heavily discounted return tickets to O Hare and you're welcome to stay at my place if you would like to.

Cheers!

Mehul

PS Isn't it wonderful when a good plan comes together...

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Hey guys, I'm sorry, I can't make it this weekend.

About the hunting, I called a few places. The best one that shows some promise is Backwoods Preserve (http://www.backwoodspreserve.com/index.htm). I called the guy and he said he'll put together an "European" hunt for us. Its gonna be $100 per hunter and each hunter could get 7 birds to take home. This place as you can see is in Indiana and equal driving time for all of us, to be fair to everyone. And everyone has to buy a Preserve hunting license for $8.75.

If he can't arrange the European hunt, we can just go to this place and hunt our own setup (3 pheasants-$50, 4 Chukar-$45, 5quail-$35, any combination) plus $50 per party for guide and dog. He said he also has a manual clay thrower if want to shoot clays. Other than this place there are quite a few places where we can get a decent hunt for about $100 per person.

Now, when to go, I only have this Saturday (11/4) free and then busy for the next four weekends, then have Dec 9/10 and 16/17 free and then I'm off to Canada for a couple of weekends. The perfect weekend will be 16th/17th. I have a rabbit hunt at my club on the 9th and an ATA shoot on the 10th I'd like to go to if I can. So, lets shoot for the 16th/17th for now. If I can sneak out to Chicago during Thanksgiving weekend (23,24,25,26 Nov) I'll call you guys and we can meet.

On hunting day, It'll be perfect if we can start the morning with breakfast, European hunt till lunch, lunch, hunt the left over birds in the fields after lunch, shoot some clays, dinner and head home. I hope we can turn this dream to reality. Let me know what you think.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:00 pm

That's a good plan Shareif, and December 16/17 works for me. Driving out to Indiana isn't a problem either.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:21 pm

Hi Sharief,

Too bad you can't make it this Sunday :(

I am not sure what is European style hunt but if it is the same where shooters stand and birds are driven towards the guns then I will be more interested in Hunting with pointing dogs but since beggars can't be choosers so I am ready for that too if pointing dogs are not available. 16th and 17th sound good for me too but if you are free on thanksgiving weekend and others are also free then can't we have it on that time?

Just let us know what you think....I just can't wait to go out and have some fun :D

Inder

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:02 pm

Sharief,

Perfect for me, buddy. Hope everyone has everyone else's numbers as PMd last night.

Am looking forward to this.

Cheers,

Mehul

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:18 pm

Inder, you're right about the European/Tower hunt. Like I said, we can do either one, the good thing with going the Euro/Tower hunt is that we can get to do both, we do the Euro/Tower in the morning, break for lunch and go to the fields with a guide and dog to get the ones that got away. I've done this once before and it is a lot of fun. For inspiration, look at the pics I've posted on our Yahoo groups page. So, Dec 16th/17th should be final. I'll keep in touch with that guy and finalize.

Guys from New England. You're welcome to join us.

I'll try to sneak a trip to Chicago during Thanksgiving (23/24 Nov). Hopefully, we can do some clay shooting then.