Fishing trip with Inder.

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Well, I've seen worse at the wheel of an ambulance-me for starters.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Fishing trip with Inder.

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Herewith the trip report.

Inder reaches my place at 4 a.m.. His bag and rod go into the car and we are off.

There is no stopping for breakfast as planned since we pass the place at 5 a.m. and in anycase do not want to waste time. The idea was to get to the cottage before any trouble starts on the road.

The only stop made was by a roadside village to take Inder's snap. I had no idea the flash on this camera was so weak....

We reached the cottage at 6:30 to the accompaniment of the dawn chorus. Car unloaded. Kitchen set up. A quick breakfast of pre-packed ham and cheese sandwiches and a mug of tea, followed by setting up the tackle for what we had come to do.

We fish for about an hour at the cottage lake and then head in the direction of Headworks for some mahseer fishing. This is the first dam between the Cauvery and the canal that brings the water to Bangalore.

Caught three small mahseer on spinner weighing approximately 0.5, 0.75 and 1 kg.

Inder, also caught one but the line cut on the rocks. He had to wait another 24 hours before getting his first mahseer.

We then came back to the cottage for some lunch and a couple of hours of fishing for rohu but the latter were most unobliging.

After some evening tea we head to Forbes Sagar for some murral fishing. I opened the account with a 3.5 kg (approx) murral followed by Inder who finally caught his first murral and I am not sure who was the more relieved of the two as the ghost of Asif's blank trip still haunts me. In all we caught five murral during that two and a half hour evening session. Approximate weights were 1, 2, 2.5, 3 and 3.5 kgs.

Came back to the cottage at 7:30ish and Inder declared that he was going off to sleep without eating dinner as he was knackered, which left me twiddling my thumbs and SMSing Asif and a few other friends. Received a call from my fishing mentor, Prathap, who told me to get my butt out of bed early and try for rohu at the cottage lake.

So I set up the rod for the morning session, had my dinner and hit the sack at 10:30 p.m. for a 6 a.m. start.

Prathap was right about the rohu but all I got for my efforts was a piddly little tilapia. Had no idea the blighters went for ragi.

9 a.m. saw me in the kitchen preparing a heart attack on a plate.

And then we did some more fishing for rohu until lunch but once again this session drew a blank.

Had lunch and then pushed off to Headworks, where Inder caught a beautiful little mahseer. His first.

Next we moved to Forbes Sagar and tried spinning for mahseer and then murral. For some reason Inder wasn't in the mood and I was dying to catch a rohu, so we raced off to the cottage lake at 6 p.m. and I managed to get about 45 minutes of fishing before the light totally died.

And so another trip reluctantly came to an end.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:49 pm

About time, Lazy sods, these Bangalore anglers-cant post ASAP ;)
Heart attack on a plate? heard of the "quadruple by pass burger"? 8000 calories in a burger-its for real! But the heart attack brekker- can smell it here!
Told you not to let Inder row the coracle...knackered him...did the ugky stik perform ;) therewere some doubts ...
Funnily enough, Sripad videoed that New York sign and the environs to show his fiends in New York.Wonder how that place got its name
Oh-my-gawd-WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WATER !

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:06 pm

heard of the "quadruple by pass burger"?

Nope but it sounds just the sort of thing I'd like to get my teeth into - after removing the veggies.
Told you not to let Inder row the coracle.
He didn't but neither did I let him sit at the bank watching the scenery all the time.
Oh-my-gawd-WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WATER !
Like I said in an earlier post, the level has fallen drastically but it hasn't affected the fishing.

Mack The Knife

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Mack The Knife,
Does the catch and release policy apply only to the Mahseer or the other fishes also?

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:26 pm

Pran, The catch and dont release applies only to this, as far as Mack The Knife & I go!! :twisted:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006510748,00.html

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Lucky guys... nice catch... :) our kala tetar trip would be more exciting if we had even seen the fishes which u guys have cought. :(

Danish

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Pran";p="12182 wrote:Mack The Knife,
Does the catch and release policy apply only to the Mahseer or the other fishes also?

Pran

Only to the Mahseer. However, only two fish upto 2.5 kg are permitted for the pot per day.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:48 pm

eljefe";p="12185 wrote:Pran, The catch and dont release applies only to this, as far as Mack The Knife & I go!! :twisted:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006510748,00.html

I could go through that. No problemo. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Nice burger Jefe :)
Mack The Knife Bana";p="12190 wrote:
Pran";p="12182 wrote:Mack The Knife,

Pran

Only to the Mahseer. However, only two fish upto 2.5 kg are permitted for the pot per day.

Mack The Knife
That's good enough.Do you know to cook Mack The Knife?

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:53 pm

WOW!!,

you guys sure had a lot of fun...

cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:38 pm

Enough to be able to survive and then some but definitely not cordon bleu.

Why do you ask?

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 pm

:wink:
Mack The Knife Bana";p="12213 wrote:

Enough to be able to survive and then some but definitely not cordon bleu.

Why do you ask?

Mack The Knife
I was also eager to know as the kitchen looks equipped for cooking and whether you would be using the BM on the fish.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="12213"]
Why do you ask?
[/quote]

Wanted to know if you cooked the fish yourselves.

Pran

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:27 pm

Fantastic pics and story! Congratulations on your catch - hard work being rewarded. 8)

Lovely places you have around Bangalore - around Madras all the little streams have nothing other than sewerage running through them. :cry: