Hunting for a Shooting Range in Lucknow! Need Help!

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hunting for a Shooting Range in Lucknow! Need Help!

Post by marksmanlko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 am

Hello Everybody.
Before I babble on like a desperado to unite with like-minded Shooters and share my shooting experience, I would like to clarify that my intention of this post is to find a shooting range in Lucknow

I picked up my first firearm when i was in 4rth Standard. Twaz an air pistol (obviously borrowed) which gave the look of a country-made firearm commonly seen in d-grade soap operas :lol: . The Shooter instinct was inculcated into me by the taunts of Hillbillies who were pretty good at scaring Monkeys with that contraption. Being provoked I started practicing for hours with box full of pellets after school and In no time i was "Billy the kid" of the colony breaking match-sticks, needles and also used to squash flies in one shot.
i joined a local 50 mts target rifle range at Allahabad in 1993.I was hardly 8 years old by that time. What i loved about that range was that we used to get 0.22 caliber greasy indian ord bullets for 1 rupee each and czek made 0.22 rifle to experiment upon. The rifle was in real bad shape and the error-correction for its sight used to baffle the target even. Got accustomed with it soon as we used to buy almost two white boxes everytime (100 bullets). Rarely a Politician used to show up there who had a magnificent 9 shot Lemat or H & R revolver (Vaguely do i remember the make). I used to take a couple of shots with it and still fancy its accuracy. Later i tried my hand at Webley, S & W, Colts, Remington, Beretta, sports level anschutz, feinwerkbau etc.
The dream ended and my Dad got transferred to Varanasi and i was left Vagabond for 6 years before i joined the District Rifle Club at Varanasi. There again I was left to survive on grossly raped 0.22 caliber czek :deadhorse: bitches to get accustomed with. In no-time again i was kicking some ass there and stood third at inter-state competition held at bareilly (2001, open sight 50 mts) without any sports gear (jacket, support, blinders, etc).
The Rat-race for Education ate up the years of my life till i rediscovered myself at Las Vegas, Nevada in 2008. :cheers: The Shooting Range was open for tourists and hell there was some real Bad-ass action. I could feel the Adrenaline gushing through my veins when i tried my hand at Firearms which are prohibited in India. :mrgreen:

..... Man I miss that music of bullet cases falling on ground and sniffing on the gun smoke.. I spent a part of my Life in it :( I put up at Lucknow now and find people give that alien look when i talk about rifle club..
Sup I wanna join the birds with similar feathers and start some serious shooting again...Gotta reload myself.... :skeet:

For Advertising mail webmaster
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hunting for a Shooting Range in Lucknow! Need Help!

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:29 pm

"grossly raped 0.22 caliber czek bitches"??? You sound as if you had some growing up to do.

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Thnx sir for you squeezed out time to go through it..
Sorry for my words .. :? In fact Those 0.22 czek rifles are superb but @ Alld and Vns clubs they were subjected to all pretentious novices. They screwed up the rear sight with a screwdriver so much that it was almost in a free-floating form. At times they stubbed out their smoking pot on front sight sooting it to avoid errors due to light-reflection.
To group my shots on d target I had to rely upon my instinctive shooting. :) That time I was in school sup couldn't buy personal stuff.
TwoRivers wrote:"grossly raped 0.22 caliber czek bitches"??? You sound as if you had some growing up to do.

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 pm

nice to see a lucknowites here me too from Lucknow its very sad that India's largest state's capital doesn't have a shooting range or club for common people BTW Lucknow municipal corporation is building a range near amausi airport since 2008 few month back i gave them a visit found no officials there but a security guard told me that it will be completed till July,i got busy in some personal work so cant visit them again,recently i read a article on internet that up's home minister azam khan wants to shift
Last edited by Kazim on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Welcome bro.
Politics won't end even after we get some serious Range here. I have seen it during inter-state championship that how those dominant & well known ones deepen the holes on their target while counting for better scores and also used to hide or tear down the targets of better performers to create a win-win situation for their men.
Well if the Range doesn't come up here then i think we Lucknowites gotta group together n work out a Private Shooting-Range.. :cheers: Its gonna be a long fight before Lucknowites would bring shivers down the spine of the shooters from other state ..keep in touch
Kazim wrote:nice to see a lucknowist here me too from Lucknow its very sad that India's largest state's capital doesn't have a shooting range or club for common people BTW Lucknow municipal corporation is building a range near amausi airport since 2008 few month back i gave them a visit found no officials there but a security guard told me that it will be completed till July,i got busy in some personal work so cant visit them again,recently i read a article on internet that up's home minister azam khan wants to shift it to his home town rampur so i think lucknow will be deprived of its shooting range BLOODY POLITICS :deadhorse:
:agree:

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 am

Mack The Knifechang wrote:I found few animals humping in the deserted grounds of Amausi Shooting Range but no Shooters.
Friends We need to Liven up Lucknow a bit

:agree:
Dunno why the state capital is deprived of enthusiasm for such a noble sport ?

But I will group the talents of the city together one day..that is for sure and the national and international games will witness the shooters from lucknow

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

marksman bro lucknow have a lot of talent and enthusiasm for this sport you can see it during lucknow mahotsav but how can we make use of it if we dont have basic infrastructure

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Kazim wrote:marksman bro lucknow have a lot of talent and enthusiasm for this sport you can see it during lucknow mahotsav but how can we make use of it if we dont have basic infrastructure
We need audience. We could get the club running soon. I will get in touch with the secretary of UPSRA in a day or two regarding this matter. Is Jagdip Madhoke still holding the some post in Rifle Association?
:idea:

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:56 pm

mr. sharique ali is present secretary of upsra i went there recently for my shooter id card approval

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Got his address from an old Rifle Club Member from Vns.
Raja Shaariq Ali , Nanpara House, 3, Gomti Enclave, Dalibagh, Lucknow !
is the address info correct ?
His contact number has changed . We need to get in touch with him about the timings etc ..cuz today somebody told me that sometimes they group together on sunday morning at Rifle Club for Shooting

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Had a Talk with Raja Shariq Ali. We wre going to work out something by the end of this month only.

@ppl interested in giving a "push start" to the shooting range at lucknow can join me on Facebook -

http://www.facebook.com/ShootingClubLucknow
Last edited by marksmanlko on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm

marksmanlko wrote:Had a Talk with Raja Shariq Ali. We wre going to work out something by the end of this month only.

@ppl interested in giving a "push start" to the shooting range at lucknow can join me on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/countdracula18
:clap: :clap: :clap:

loner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by loner » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm not located in UP but can I still join your club? The club here is highly dominated by tea plantation managers and owners and getting in is almost impossible for a guy like me.

marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by marksmanlko » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm

loner wrote:I'm not located in UP but can I still join your club? The club here is highly dominated by tea plantation managers and owners and getting in is almost impossible for a guy like me.
why wd an army guy like ya wd join a civilian club?? Well we are trying to figure out a way to kick-start the club at Lucknow.. Here 'tis no man's land !!!
U at eastern or hilly part ?

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Any good newz upon this...Mee too looking forward to join rifle club in Lucknow. Marksman if you're still in Lko try catchin up sometime so that we can discuss proceedings...