Kolkata shooting clubs

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
sougata.sinha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Kolkata shooting clubs

Post by sougata.sinha » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi Friends,
I am starting this new topic specially for the members located in Kolkata.
In Kolkata there are very few shooting clubs and information on them are very inadequate.
So let help ourselves providing the right information.
There are already threads here fellow members provided there valuable inputs on the clubs in Kolkata.
Now let us centralize those information and find out more details about those clubs.
I am not sure if some thread like this already exist or not, if exist please let me know.
Either way let us start this initiative.

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Kolkata shooting clubs

Post by to_saptarshi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Sougata,

If I am guessing correctly we probably know each others since childhood. Though I am not in Kolkata now , but shoot me an email with all the queries that you have in mind. May be I can help you out .

Regards
Saptarshi Datta

P.S Also posting an Introduction about yourself in the welcome section will be nice . Thats the easiest way of making more friends here.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Last edited by swajan on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Swajan,

I lived in south kolkata too, but unfortunately South Kolkata Rifle Club is not that active, If you are really serious about shooting , your better come to North Kolkata Rifle Club, This is the only club in kolkata where you can regularly perticipate in shooting activities and tournament. Its located in Belgachia , come to any sunday for joining formalities. I know few members who previously with SCRC, but they later join NCRC for the above mentioned reasons.

Regards
Saptarshi.

if you need any furthur info you can PM me, as I am a member of North Kolkata rifle club.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Dear Friends,
I am thankful to every one who helped me in finding a club in Kolkata. Due to obvious reasons of internet security, I would not like to take name. But, from the core of my heart, I thank each one of you.
I visited South Kolkata Club, the life membership fee as conveyed to me is INR 10K, .
I sent someone to Howrah Club which is INR 1000 for furst Six months and thereafter INR 1000 for next 12 months and so on.
Much cheaper option.

However, I was heart to learn both clubs want a police verification, getting a certificate is easy, though, but it appears me to be quite insulting.

If I am a citizen of a true democratic Republic Country, why should I need to prove that, I do not have a criminal record ?
If I am not convicted, I am a person with clean records by default. Police department has no right to pass on a comment about character of an individual.
It is ridiculous, to ask a clean chit from a person of good moral character, asking itself appears to be defamatory process.

Process would have been much better, if there be a 1st class Magistrate Affidavit be submitted, that's is enough. Sworn affidavit in a court and passing an un-true statement, itself a criminal offense and he can be penalized apart from contempt of court.

To me it appears, the policy makers made the policy without having been given a deep thought, especially for persons already been established in the society, and such an action is in contradiction to Article 19 and 20.

Other than that, rest is quite okey.
Regards

lukeatme
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lukeatme » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 pm

@swajan

I'm looking for a rifle club in kolkata as well. can you please tell me about the procedure? m assuming u joined the howrah club. did you? any help would be much appreciated.

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Kolkata shooting clubs

Post by swajan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:59 pm

lukeatme wrote:@swajan

I'm looking for a rifle club in kolkata as well. can you please tell me about the procedure? m assuming u joined the howrah club. did you? any help would be much appreciated.
What gun you like to fire ? You can join any clubs at either Howrah, South or North and even Seerampur. I am sure members will we happy to welcome you (as they helped me).
You can go to any of the clubs on Sunday between 10 am to 11.30 am, and get form.
But as I said get a copy of clear records from your P.S. first, 2 photo, identity and address proof and Money (as posted earlier).

After you get Police report, just contact, not only me but all will help you to get admitted.
regads

lukeatme
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lukeatme » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm based in south Calcutta. so howrah or serampore are out of the question. i read mundaire's post on the NRAI affiliated rifle clubs, and saw Eastern Railways Rifle Association. Have you have of it? I'm Asking because it's in Lake Gardens.

Thanks.

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Kolkata shooting clubs

Post by swajan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 am

Dear lukeatme,

I have requested to let us know the type of gun you want to fire. Club depends upon many other things other than distance. Like firing range etc. Any way, I have't been their. If you happen to investigate the place, kindly do post details.

Regards

lukeatme
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lukeatme » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:35 am

As of now, since i'm just starting, i'm looking to use .177 rifles.

i shall find out about the aforementioned place and post details.

Tc

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:48 am

Dear lukeatme,
Good, let us know. By the way, if you are new in handling gun, I can help you out, before you join a club.

Regards

lukeatme
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lukeatme » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 am

Thats really cool of you. Thanks.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 pm

To me it appears, the policy makers made the policy without having been given a deep thought, especially for persons already been established in the society, and such an action is in contradiction to Article 19 and 20.
Yes indeed, it is contradictory to Articles 19, 20 as well as 21. What kind of "Liberty" is this wherein citizens have to get "certified" by police? Who has "advised" these clubs that "character" certificate/verification is required from Police for joining a rifle club? How can police or even any magistrate certify whether one can or cannot join a rifle club? Do we require a police "certificate" to join martial arts clubs, boxing clubs, karate clubs, self defense clubs, bodybuilding clubs, fitness clubs, archery clubs, hockey clubs, cricket clubs etc.? All these clubs in a way also "train" people, which results in them becoming physically and mentally strong and proficient enough to cause "danger" to others.

Actually all this is happening due to the ignorance among most of the people in this country that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is our fundamental right guaranteed by Articles 19 and 21(http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p117785) and Arms Act 1959 is to co-ordinate the fundamental rights of Self Defense and Right to Keep and Bear Arms. This can also be ascertained from one of the objectives of Arms Act 1959 which says:
"(c) to co-ordinate the rights of the citizen with the necessity of maintaining law and
order and avoiding fifth-column activities in the country;"
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

hello everybody im an army officer looking for a rifle club in kolkata i own a .22 IOF rifle,im posted in J&K but i belong to kolkata any help in this regard will be highly appreciated im eagerly looking forward to ur valuable info...thank u

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 pm

the details are already discussed above. btw where are you located in kolkata ?
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi