Sharjah - Golf & Shooting Club

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Sharjah - Golf & Shooting Club

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Friends,

I am not sure if this is indeed the right place to start this topic, but I could not find a closer match on the board index. I am sure one the moderators would not mind moving it to the right place, if required. Thanks in advance.

I hope this information is useful to some of the IFG'ians who might be visiting or passing through the UAE.

The Golf & Shooting Club Sharjah range features indoor pistols, rifles & revolvers, as well as 25 & 50 Meter German Technology ranges. Non-members are allowed to use the shooting facility the only difference being that the charges for the services are slightly higher than those for members.

* Pistols & Revolvers: (9mm Luger & Makarov) CZ 75B, CZ 75D, GLock – 17, 19, 34, 26
* Rifles .22 Long : Anschutz, Magtech, Sabatti, Cobob, Henry Junior M

Coaching: ‘Bull’s-Eye’ is a one month long, firearms shooting course targeting beginners and intermediates. This includes basic equipment maintenance to proper shooting stance, grip, trigger control, shooting on the move, kneeling/prone, tactical reloading techniques, target of different distances, breath control etc. Coaching is conveyed over Class room lessons, Practical Sessions and Gun Troubleshooting program. Cost AED 2,500/-

Archery is also available

Please see attached PDF file for Contact details & location map of the club, plus Weapons and Rates.

Information Source: http://www.golfandshootingshj.com

More advanced facilities are available in Dubai at The Jebel Ali International Shooting Club. This indoor and outdoor shooting academy, built to exacting international safety standards, makes the exciting sport of recreational and competitive shooting easily accessible for beginners, corporate groups and experienced shooters. Facilities include:

Clay Shooting:
The five floodlit clay shooting ranges are equipped to cater to the following disciplines:

Olympic trap (OT):
This is one of the disciplines which form part of the shooting programme at the Olympic Games. There are five shooting stations with a set of three trap machines throwing targets at 70 - 75 metres for each station. Six shooters can start as a squad and keep on taking their turns clockwise on each station.

Automatic Ball Trap (ABT):
A simpler version of Olympic trap, where only one trap machine is used. Target variation for vertical and horizontal movement is obtained by continuous oscillation of the machine. Six shooters can start at one time.

Down The Line (DTL):
An entry level discipline to get progression to Olympic trap. A single trap is used to throw target to distance of 45-50 metres at a fixed height of approximately 2.75 metres and horizontal spread of 22 degrees from the centre of the throwing machine.

Compak Sporting:
It is a smaller version of international and English sporting, where some extra trap machines are installed out of skeet layout and then variation in target angles are done thus creating simulation of field hunting shots on all five shooting stations.

Olympic Skeet:
This discipline is shot at eight shooting stations on a semi circle and one in the middle with two houses (high and low) at both ends of the semi circle. There is a sequence of fire with 0-3 seconds delay in release after calling. It is mandatory to keep low gun position before the release of clay targets, whereas in American and English skeet it is optional.

Equipment: 12 and 20 gauge Beretta Shot Guns suitable for all shooting disciplines.

For more information, please call +971 4 883 6555, fax +971 4 883 7551 or
e-mail [email protected] / [email protected]

Timings:
Wednesday to Monday, closed on Tuesdays.
Winter - 1st November to 31st May - 1pm to 8.45pm
Summer - 1st June to 31st October - 4pm to 10.45pm

Information Source: http://www.jebelali-international.com/p ... entre.aspx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Sharjah - Golf & Shooting Club

Post by HSharief » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:58 pm

This is good information. What are the prices for Ammo and gun rental ?

(and how much does a round of golf cost and can we borrow/rent clubs) :D

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi do you know if the 'bulls-eye' course covers skeet?

I know the answer is in th ename but just keeping my fingers crossed.

regards

shooter.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

varshik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by varshik » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 pm

@shooter,
the bulls eye course is only for indoor target shooting and is held in sharjah shooting club...
trap and skeet facilities are available only in jebel ali shooting range... so nope, bulls-eye does NOT cover skeet...

any news of the hatta fort shooting club? i know its open to archers, have they re-opened the shooting ranges?

another good place to try trap & skeet + pistol shooting + air gun/rifle shooting at the same place is the Ras Al Khaimah shooting club...way cheaper compared to dubai and sharjah, ofcourse facilities arent top notch quality either but definately worth what you pay...

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:02 pm

HSharief wrote:This is good information. What are the prices for Ammo and gun rental ?

(and how much does a round of golf cost and can we borrow/rent clubs) :D
Hi HSharief,

Thanks. Please do check out the weblinks for SHJ Shooting Club in the post - I am sure you will find all details of Golfing. Re your question on rates for shooting, please see PDF attachment at the bottom of the original post for details.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi luiciaa,

I am not sure if you are asking a question about the Sharjah Golf & Shooting Club or about Golf Clubs in general, anywhere?

I dont think there should be any issues about using a video camera on the golf course; however it would make sense to call up ahead and ask the management to avoid disappointment.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

luiciaa wrote:Can i bring a camera to a public golf course? so in my broadcasting class we are doing a video postcard and i was thinking of recoding on a public golf course... so can i bring a video camera to a public golf course and record or is that against the rules?
Natasha04 wrote:When selecting your golf clubs, you must also consider the shaft flex. It refers to the rigidity of the shaft. If you are wondering why this is important, largely determines the speed of rotation of a shaft you need. The stronger you are,...........
Who cares ?????????????

This is a thread on a shooting facility on a Forum dedicated to shooting. By hijacking it, you are displaying your ignorance or malignance or both

Please troll elsewhere :evil:
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi hamiclar01,

I was wondering whether I was seeing things? The topic was truly going, for lack of a better expression, 'off topic'?? Thanks for bringing it back to thread :D

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:15 pm

:OT: :OT: :OT:

:rules: :rules: :rules:

Always wanted to use these smileys.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Boy now i so wanna go to dubai.....
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:22 am

captrakshitsharma wrote:Boy now i so wanna go to dubai.....
:lol: Good one!

But, seriously we are a hospitable crowd out here - Ahlan Wa Sahlan (roughly translated means - Welcome).

Do make sure all your barrels are loaded (in terms of Credit Cards and Cash)! This country is truly magic! One can get tempted by many exciting ways to spend; faster than one can earn the moolah! ROTFL