Hey!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Lt Gen";p="6457 wrote: Boys, show some chivalry! :x
??????

What's up newbie? I don't get your reasoning.

Hi Stunner,

Welcome and if you have Sat off, Asif and I can take you fishing or shooting airguns. The idea of ten m shooting is to torture your soul and add suffering to your life ;-). The bull is actually smaller than the 25 bit piece. If you stay anywhere near Siri Fort you can join my sensei's classes, he's a fifth degree blackbelt and head of the Delhi Tae Kwon Do federation. I don't have the patience to teach martial arts anymore but pistol shooting I'll tell you what I know and that'll just take half an hour. ;-). Asif used to be a pistol champ and so was Mack The Knife but they'll normally masquerade as ISSF sports bashers and bait regular champs like Umang whenever they get a chance : 0

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lt Gen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

mozdev

Post by Lt Gen » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:40 pm

Do you expect a General to be nice to civilians like you? 8)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:47 pm

All,
Unless the newbie lt gen is known to someone out here and is razzing Dev, I would take it to be the reasoning of generals in India too-no wonder the 'ketchup colonels'
newbie-I'm a civilian, what kind of civilains are you normally nice to?whats your hang up with us?
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Oye this is fun, witty to boot. Good shot sir and welcome to the board. dev

p.s. blasted fauji you, are getting enough fun blasting rifles we civies will never get to touch ;-).

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:55 pm

I wonder if Gernail Sahib is a fisherman? He baits for flames rather well.

Dev

Lt Gen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

too much of sauce!

Post by Lt Gen » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:00 pm

You guys seem to be quite cheeky.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:12 pm

Did you by accident sit on your swagger stick? It seems to have travelled up carrying the bovine stuff in your bowels till its coming outta your ears...

That said hey we are civillians after all ;-).

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Hey!

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Asif used to be a pistol champ and so was Mack The Knife...
Really? That's news to me but thanks all the same. ;)

Mack The Knife

horribleharshad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by horribleharshad » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:24 pm

Ok, am busy, am lazy, so replied late ( actually my pc was gone). When I attended the safety course at MRA they said no one else offered it :(.

Monty, I'll take up your offer someday... I live in mumbai too.

Nobody talk bout hitting the bull please, it turns me a toxic green. I haven't been hitting the entire target these days, and i'm talking about a PISTOL target with a RIFLE.
( probably my cut and swollen wrist - hvn't shot in quite a few days now.)

PS. I noticed that mr.mehul made a typo for the first time.... i actually double checked! no reading between the lines please, no such intentions, just a little surprised that's all.
Sic Transit Gloria!

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:32 pm

lol @ Stunner!

And I am indeed sorry to hear about the mishap that happened with you last week, Dev!

Any day is off for me and any day could be a working day! I dont have any fixed schedule as such! Thanks for offering to take me shooting/fishing!

I will have to decline the fishing event though! I dont have patience to wait quietly till a fish gets caught in the line. I was never good at being still for long hours even while meditating ! What's life without a little torture and suffering if I learn to shoot at the end of the day! I might just need to go to an optician first if the distance is 10 m! :lol:

I'll live without martial arts too(for now)! It will take me a lota time travelling to and fro Siri Fort and pistol shooting sounds much less time consuming! Once I learn the art, it would be a matter of sheer practice at my end, without being dependant on anyone!

P.S. Lt Gen is a friend and very much a civilian. I dont feel it is right for me to give explanations on behalf of anyone, so I shall let him do the speaking. All I can say is he was not taking a pot shot at any one of you!
I am a little unnerved with the last few notes that have been exchanged! :(

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:11 pm

Good to see a civilian Lt Gen - from the Salvation Army, perhaps? Just kidding. :lol: Welcome Lt Gen, and do post often. We are always happy t have friends here, especially if they come to exchange ideas about guns, shooting and hunting. Fishing is a second sport to some here as well. Do you shoot, or, like Stunngun are you also a beginner looking for ideas? Just post and you'll find more people willing to help than you can imagine.

BTW a real Lt Gen is a member here if you guys must know. Again, I shall let him tell us more if he chooses to. The gentleman is a real life hero and is most welcome here. Anyone who reads the newspapers knows him by name and I would like to officially welcome him to the IFG through this post, of which I shall be sending him a link since it is his rank that has come up.

Cheers!

Mehul

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:21 am

Hey El Tee,
Welcome back.Cheeky or whatever, we're in this gun madness together...
Just that guns are the most endangered commodity in India just now and I guess my insecurity was showing-to paraphrase Mehul-Troll alert?
Hope to hear lots from you...keep on posting
Stungun-
the good news is-the pistol range is also siri fort-the torture begins??
Dev-any more haikus?

Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:30 pm

The torture begins for sure! Not for me thou! :wink:

I just about managed to convince a friend of mine to drive me there and back! He is interested in shooting as well, maybe fishing too, though he has not joined this forum yet!

He would be free only after the 6th Of December, giving some exam, and I would be depending on him for this so will it be okay after that?

After I get myself a gun and learn to shoot, I will be moving/driving on the Delhi streets more freely without the restriction of timing or a chaperone! I'll let the gun do the *silent* talking for me, in case of danger! lol

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Stunngun,

Just ask your friend to sign on. He would most certainly be welcome here as is anyone with an interest in guns and shooting. Hope to meet your friend soon and good luck as you guys get started shooting.

One of the forum conditions is that when there is a get together, pictures are posted for everyne who wasn;t there to share. Not posting is a sin for which members have to go down on their knees before their gunracks and confess. :lol: Just cautioning you as you are a new member here and your friend is not here yet. :lol:

Best wishes and do bring as many friends to the shooting sports and to the IFG as possible. Friends and friends of friends are always welcome.

Cheers!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:48 pm

This one is a Basho and lets see if I remember it correctly:
Under an autumn moon,
You and I together,
So incomplete...

Replace incomplete with no fish and the autumn moon with a summer of 49*C.

Well Stungun, your pal did get us practising being real bad dudes...normally we are a mild pint of bitter but this time he had us at Guiness levels.

Anyway I'm not too proud of the incident or feeling good about it. I really look forward to this forum and its where I meet similar minds.

Regards,

Dev.

Hey El Tee,
Welcome back.Cheeky or whatever, we're in this gun madness together...
Just that guns are the most endangered commodity in India just now and I guess my insecurity was showing-to paraphrase Mehul-Troll alert?
Hope to hear lots from you...keep on posting
Stungun-
the good news is-the pistol range is also siri fort-the torture begins??
Dev-any more haikus?

Best
Axx
[/quote]