Hey!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Hey!

Post by Sujay » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:10 pm

Stunngun,

I think Mack The Knife's advise is having the opposite effect...

Mack The Knife and rest of us actually think it is improper when Air Rifles /Air Guns are referred to as weapons i.e. you should not use the word 'weapon' while referring to Air Guns/ Rifles / Pistols which are merely pellet shooters. I suggest you use the words Gun/Rifle/Pistol etc and banish the word "weapon" altogether even for firearms.

As about your passion for Martial Arts, I hope the gentleman in Delhi who is a member here and a practioner of Taekwondo notices your post :D :wink:
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

For Advertising mail webmaster
stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi Eljefe!

From what I have read about you here, I guess you are doctor!

I dont own a stun gun and much less did I know that it actually existed! I always was up for fantasy movies, those science fiction and it was fun watching people being stunned outa the blue!

I dont read the papers, but the sight of cows and bulls roaming the streets of Delhi is hideous! My dad and mom had a near death experience when a bull took fancy to the car some years back and started taking off it;s temper on the poor vehicle! Believe me the damage was an ugly sight, the only relief was that the two of them came unscathed out of the unforeseen accident!

Again, I was told that possessing stun guns is now allowed in India! I wonder what;s gonna happen to this country, on one hand they want to move forward and be progressive and on the other hand, they talk about restrictions just coz they want to set rules!

You make me smile with the thought of me shooting a 25 p coin at the speed of 10mm! hahaha
This thought enough should have me speeding to look for an instructor!

So many have offered me the use of their *weapons*, how about offering me a real teacher?

Glad to be here!!!! :D

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:13 pm

Guessing about my 'doctoring' is the right thing to do-I'd rather be tinkering with a gun or fishing-the things one has to do for a living...You said you're in Delhi just now?
If Dev has recovered from the house break in , we may plan a sun morning session at the 10m range in Siri Fort and then an angling session at our fav Toxic greens later...
I meant shooting a target the size a 25p coin at a
distance of 10Meters.

Axx
PS Dev is also the tae kwon do type
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:38 pm

In India stun guns (tasers) are illegal for possession by civilians... Only security forces (police, military etc.) may use these. There is no initiative (that I know of) to change this any time soon...

Civilians can however possess and use pepper spray without the need for any permit/ license.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:49 pm

hey stunngunn,
My weapons are always there not just for you but for all members of the forum whenever any 1 is in mumbai........
Monish

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi Abhijeet,
the stun gun used in the bull adventure was a 35 us$ 'stun gun' (25000v )as advertised, not a taser...just to keep the record straight
Best
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:56 pm

Sunngun,

Anything can be used as weapon,not necessarily a firearm. Generally the term weapon has negative conotations and used mainly when an object is used to assault,attack or even kill another human being. Nobody says that a hunter was carrying a weapon but this term is used in case of criminals or an acussed in a case. In fact a vast majority of violent crimes including murders are commited with household or agricultural impliments or even sticks, iron rods and stones/bricks. So considering the manner in which the word 'weapon' is used it would be better if you used the word 'firearm' or 'gun' instead.

penpusher

PS-Have not come across anything that says that stunguns or tasers are illegal.Their import might be prohibited/restricted.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:46 pm

eljefe";p="6281 wrote: we may plan a sun morning session at the 10m range in Siri Fort and then an angling session at our fav Toxic greens later...
Congrats guys!

Hope to see the pics here. We're planning a get together in Michigan this Saturday if possible. Will be posting pics - several of us will :)

Cheers,

Mehul

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:08 pm

penpusher,

I can't lay my hands on the document right now... but am sure I read quite clearly that stun guns are only permitted for police use in India.

More on this when I can get my hands on the notification/ rule...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Sujay/penpusher!

I shall use the word guns/rifles/pistols hence forth.

Eljefe, pardon my typos and yes I did understand when you said shooting a target the size of 25 p at a distance of 10 metres! You might just get bored listening to me apologizing for the mistakes I make when I type.

I can understand(fishing and tinkering with guns)! I myself have given up a lucrative profession to be in the field I love the most!

I did read about the robbery! Shall start interacting on other threads soon! Yeah hope the tae won do guy reads about me wanitng to learn the martial arts too!

Sunday morning you say? What time? Sundays are a little hectic for me but I would love to join in(incase I ahve nothing to do)! There;s nothing like starting right away with what I wanna learn! Incase not Sunday, do inform me as to any other day you guys plan to meet up! I would love to join! I am in Delhi for good, as of now!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 pm

Stungun,
Dev &I have been planning trips on many many sundays and this one may yet fructify! I have a whole bunch of new fishing goodies I want to put to the destruct test in our toxic river/ponds...will keep in touch.
Best
Axx
PS- typos no sweat, no apologies required...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:09 am

I have a whole bunch of new fishing goodies...
Ah-ha! Did I tell you, you are my bestest pal. :wink:

Wotchagot?

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:05 pm

Mack The Knife,
Will post in a PM?
Axx

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:40 pm

No Asif. New thread in the fishy section would be more like it.

Mack The Knife

Lt Gen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Quite uncouth

Post by Lt Gen » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:09 pm

Boys, show some chivalry! :x