URGENT! - FAO Mark and Grumpy.

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
penpusher

Re: URGENT! - FAO Mark and Grumpy.

Post by penpusher » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Grumpy,
I don`t know what `jugad` means but penpushers ingenuity is admirable - who`d have thought of mixing linseed oil and cyanoacrylate ? ( Apart from penpusher of course................................. )
:lol: Blame the internet for it.Tru oil /Danish oil is polymerized linseed oil(so say the knowledgeable people on the net) and one way to polymerize linseed oil is to add some drops of cyanoacrylate(again the net).Had no walnuts or walnut shells though had lot of walnut wood scraps.So used that.Had a lot of time to waste so all the boiling .BTW finished the stock with a mixture of picture varnish applied with a linen pad with some drops of linseed oil on it.Acts as a lubricant and probably does other things that I am not aware off.Got a nice finish.Shinny but not too shinny.2 thin coats is all that I applied.A clarification,the linseed oil was purified and not boiled.What I used was Camlin linseed oil (Rs 25)Elfy superglue(Rs 16) Camlin Picture varnish(Rs 49) total on the sandpaper Rs 70,walnut scraps(free),1 ltr.Turpentine to remove the old finish (Rs 100/- Have a lot of it left),wood filler(work going on in the house and it was lying around and so have no idea.You need very little as it is)Grand total Rs 260/-.

Shutzen,

Sirca stain is oil based.Got a bottle of reddish walnut stain and dark walnut stain and in the end decided not to use it.Costs Rs. 30 per bottle.

penpusher

For Advertising mail webmaster
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:41 am

penpusher";p="25865 wrote: Shutzen,

Sirca stain is oil based.Got a bottle of reddish walnut stain and dark walnut stain and in the end decided not to use it.Costs Rs. 30 per bottle.

penpusher
HI! I most probably think that you have been given a dupe product. I have recently got a lot of PU work done at my house and have used both the concentrated and diluted varities of this stain in large qtys. AFAIK the diluted bottle is about 200ml and cost abt 180-225 depending on color. The next packaging is 500mils. The disty in chandigarh is : Arman enterprises, in modella factory , IA phase 1 will post his phone tommorow - have it at my office ;) and u can call and chk with him who stocks in patiala .

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:52 pm

Shutzen,

The bottle is of 100ml and is diluted and not in concenterate form.It's packed and marketed by Unique International K-95,Udyog Nagar,Peeragarhi,ND and says that it is a product of Sirca S.P.a. Italy.Got it from MGM Paints, Phase 3B2, Mohali.

penpusher