30-06 ammo and equivalents

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:52 am

hey please check the lucknow maarket u ll get 30-06 ammo arount 90-100 bucks,,(S&B) make.try other ammo also i m sure u ll get dem.
cottage chese";p="7479 wrote: Is 30-06 NPB? I saw it advertised on the OFB site some time ago and I know some people who have old 30-06 grandfather pieces. But find the ammo hard to come by. I have this crazy relation who is dying to get his hands on an M1 Garand, possibly after seeing these beautiful rifles in civilian hands(Mostly in UP and Bihar)

Any indications on cost and availibilty of 30-06 ammo? My only encounter with the ammo in the commercial context was at a shop who was selling Czech made 30-06 at 145bucks per shot- that was years ago.

Also, my uncle has a beautiful Mauser KAR98 rifle (Standard 1941 Nazi issue) in excellent condition with only 18 rounds of Dominion 7.92m/8mm. Is 7.92mm ammo available anywhere? Its a pity to see the mint rifle sitting in a corner collecting dust. The only time he fired it was in the air to chase off some thugs who were trying to damage his car. The only time I fired it was at a tree trunk section, side by side with a 303. Wish I had more ammo to blow for a good comparison shoot.

And now the Japanese equivalent. My uncle a WW2 freak and also a high govt official (Thus well placed) recently picked up an Arisaka 38th Year rifle from a villager in the Battle of Kohima area. No ammo unfortunately. Any leads to legal 6.5mmx50mm would be appreciated
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"