.44 mag ammo?

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

.44 mag ammo?

Post by nineteeneleven » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:33 am

How's the availability of .44 mag and .44 special in India? If available, what is the possible price range?

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: .44 mag ammo?

Post by penpusher » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:20 pm

No ammo even for .357 let alone .44 special/Mag.

penpusher

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:12 pm

penpusher,

Not entirely accurate, imported rounds of .357 mag are available from time to time - though (as is all imported ammo) they are several times more expensive than Indian ammo... My cousin owned a large frame S&W revolver in .357 mag for several years, before selling it and buying a .32 Beretta pistol. I recall he was paying around INR 150-180 per round for .357 ammo in '95-'96...

Have not come across any .44 ammo though...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:43 pm

Abhijeet,

.357 mag ammo is available but you have to search for it.Generally it's old stuff(sometimes you do get some fresh ammo) and very expensive. The cheapest price I was quoted was Rs. 250 a pop.

The only .44 revolver I have heard of somebody owning,is a Webley Bull Dog.Haven't seen it though.

penpusher

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:59 pm

penpusher";p="10860 wrote:The cheapest price I was quoted was Rs. 250 a pop.
That's inflation for you! ;)

You're right about the ammo vintage though... most of these rounds are old stuff... one does get the occasional batch of new ones though... but not often and not cheap. :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Harnoor Singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Harnoor Singh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 pm

hello
i have .44 magnum cartridges of federal ammunition {american eagel} if anyone need it.. i can give it only in legal way.