velocities and bullets

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

velocities and bullets

Post by eljefe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:05 am

http://www.gsgroup.co.za/download.html

here's a nice lil something on velocities and bullets-enjoy!
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: velocities and bullets

Post by Grumpy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:01 am

Interesting site. I don`t agree with everything that they have to say but worth looking at all the same.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 am

Asif,

While Gerard Schulz does make some of the finest bullets in the world, some of his assumptions and claims have been challenged by mroe than one ballistics authority in South Africa as well as on the Accurate Reloading forums. I do have some of the correspondence offline and could send it to you though it could get a little too technical for many.

On the other hand I have recently been sent some very useful material by Grumpy's and my friend Ka'imiloa, one of the finest engravers and firearms restorers in the USA, of various bullets in 30 cal tested by the US Army. Again, this information is highly detailed and technical but if someone is interested I could send one copy to someone in India and they could distribute it to others. I do not want to post it here as it is copyrighted material.

Cheers!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:25 am

Essential reading for .30-06 fans.........but takes up a fair bit of room as the bullet chart is three pages wide. 38 different 180 gr bullets with three examples of each tested at up to 18 different velocities to show expansion and weight retention - that`s a heck of a lot of test shots !