is this ok to buy

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: is this ok to buy

Post by harshit89 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:30 am

essdee1972 wrote:Yup, Harshit, he did carry some Gerbers for some of the shows. Overall, however, Gerber doesn't have very good reviews online. But, we stay in a scarcity economy with a vampirish government, i.e. no choice!
Are you sure about the Gerber knives reviews because I have heard the other way round. The Gerber makes really good knives and other self defence tools which are durable and trustworthy as well. And I am not saying that Gerber makes the perfect knives among all, but they are not so bad to be used for my collection.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

For Advertising mail webmaster
kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Tue May 19, 2015 11:58 am

serrated knives make little sense is what i feel.
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Wed May 20, 2015 1:47 am

A NEW SET OF DEALS FROM GERBER NEED EXPERTS SUGGESTIONS WHICH ONE TO BUY

https://www.cart2india.com/folding-kniv ... 4299039144

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Fri May 22, 2015 10:03 am

I understand the desire to own a knife, but please avoid Chinese junk - many times these are counterfeits and dangerous. Save up and get the real deal from a reputed knife dealer even if it costs more. Avoid ebay and amazon.in, and stick with good dealers based in India.

You can also join bladeforums.com and purchase a good knife from someone who ships to India (quiet a few sellers do ship international).

Bear Gryllis brand from Gerber is a lot of marketing and less on execution. I'd avoid it and get an ESEE instead.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri May 22, 2015 12:33 pm

I would second that, i had in the initial day done the same mistake of buying from ebay chineese stuff, they are good for decoration only. Its better you find a locally made good knife than chinese junk.
On the outdoor site, there is another listing for, GERBER Gator - Clip Point - Fine Edge - Hunting, I find it more practical. Serrated knife i am yet to find its real usage in day to day usage. The price for that knife is decent even if you compare it on US selling sites. Even i am getting tempted ;)

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sat May 23, 2015 12:00 am

choombak wrote:I understand the desire to own a knife, but please avoid Chinese junk - many times these are counterfeits and dangerous. Save up and get the real deal from a reputed knife dealer even if it costs more. Avoid ebay and amazon.in, and stick with good dealers based in India.

You can also join bladeforums.com and purchase a good knife from someone who ships to India (quiet a few sellers do ship international).

Bear Gryllis brand from Gerber is a lot of marketing and less on execution. I'd avoid it and get an ESEE instead.
im member in bladefourms.com how to buy from them?

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sat May 23, 2015 12:02 am

sa_ali wrote:I would second that, i had in the initial day done the same mistake of buying from ebay chineese stuff, they are good for decoration only. Its better you find a locally made good knife than chinese junk.
On the outdoor site, there is another listing for, GERBER Gator - Clip Point - Fine Edge - Hunting, I find it more practical. Serrated knife i am yet to find its real usage in day to day usage. The price for that knife is decent even if you compare it on US selling sites. Even i am getting tempted ;)
i too tempted on first look but now saving money for buying sog strike or pup

tburman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by tburman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:25 am

I bought the straight edge version of that M16 from the same seller. It's junk, and doesn't even come close to a genuine CRKT I bought off amazon US. I've bought three knives from Indian websites so far and they've all been Chinese fakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 am

lesson learnt by purchasing sog trident got a thead on it too

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Stanley Survival Carpenter's Axe or Coghlans Camp Axe

Post by goondasmani » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 pm

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:52 pm

I have the Stanley. The pics show no difference. Probably made in the same factory :twisted: The details on the Stanley mention a 20 inch blade!! :shock: :shock: You need to be a Paul Bunyan to wield such a thing!

I would suggest checking out the same on amazon.com (not .in). Only for the reviews. Or at some serious camping goods / sharpie forum. Somehow the reviews on flipkart don't suggest "seriousness" to me, but it may simply be due my personal bias / feelings.

Or just go for both - 350 bucks ain't a huge deal!

Purely on the basis of looks, I would prefer a wood handle.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:37 pm

hi goonda whats your reqmt?? I can suggest u one indian site oliveplanet.com they have variety of knives to choose from...I hope this will help

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 am

essdee1972 wrote:I have the Stanley. The pics show no difference. Probably made in the same factory :twisted: The details on the Stanley mention a 20 inch blade!! :shock: :shock: You need to be a Paul Bunyan to wield such a thing!

I would suggest checking out the same on amazon.com (not .in). Only for the reviews. Or at some serious camping goods / sharpie forum. Somehow the reviews on flipkart don't suggest "seriousness" to me, but it may simply be due my personal bias / feelings.

Or just go for both - 350 bucks ain't a huge deal!

Purely on the basis of looks, I would prefer a wood handle.
thanks for your thoughts on this essdee

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:02 am

gladiatorgarg wrote:hi goonda whats your reqmt?? I can suggest u one indian site oliveplanet.com they have variety of knives to choose from...I hope this will help
i have been to oilveplanet store in bangalore and their pricing is bit high for me

Added in 5 minutes 55 seconds:
what about this deal http://www.grabmore.in/products/3230415 ... Black.html
http://www.grabmore.in/products/3230285 ... Black.html
http://www.grabmore.in/products/3230307 ... Brown.html
im much intrested in mark2