Keychain tools

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Keychain tools

Post by Lanceman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 am

These three gadgets on my keychain take care of my edc needs. A minimalist Leatherman Style with knife, scissors, tweezers, file and screwdrivers file. A Swiss Utili-key with bottle opener. Serrated and straight edge, tiny screwdriver Philips too. And a X-light micro.
EDC is a lovely concept, but it needs to be unobtrusive, non-aggressive and not weigh your trousers down!
Let's see what you guys have on your keychains.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Keychain tools

Post by brihacharan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:27 am

Lanceman wrote:These three gadgets on my keychain take care of my edc needs. A minimalist Leatherman Style with knife, scissors, tweezers, file and screwdrivers file. A Swiss Utili-key with bottle opener. Serrated and straight edge, tiny screwdriver Philips too. And a X-light micro.
Let's see what you guys have on your keychains.
> Nice little 'gadgetry' you got there :D
> Hold your horses - I too have a Swiss one - will post asap....
Briha

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:57 am

@lanceman,
Neat idea for edc set of tools. I normally have my gerber compact scout either on or near me (in the car). It is small and light enough to use as a key chain but i prefer having it in the pocket separately as the key bunch itself is heavy and I rarely have it on me.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 am

Cool set of tools!

I have a Comtech Stinger and a Streamlight Nano paracorded to my car key. Don't carry any more keys on person. Apart from that, Gerber knife in the pocket and PPK in lappie bag. Since my EDC includes a 20's pack of Classic Milds and a lighter, pockets are anyway overloaded!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lanceman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Essdee, how about. Putting up some pics?

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:14 pm

I have a Boker Subcom as my EDC knife. This tool looks exactly like a key chain so no one gives it any attention. I also have a UZI Tactical Pen as my writing instrument and my primary self defence tool. Also have a Leatherman Squirt with pliers, small knife, file, scissors, bottle opener and screwdrivers. In addition I have a Swiss Utilikey as well....for those times when I have to be separated from the Boker Subcom and Leatherman Squirt. I am soon adding an Energizer High Tech Micro Light to the key chain soon. Its on its way :)
IMG_20141009_154704.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no downside to Freedom!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi slingshot,
> Very innocent yet potent gizmos :D
> Always ready, willing & able to oblige when called for :clap:
> Good collection :D
Briha

abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhiram » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:15 pm

My office carry:
EDC_Office.jpg
Weekend carry:
EDC_Weekend.jpg
-Abhi
- In Omnia Paratus -

Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lanceman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Hey Slingshot that is a lovely shiny Utilikey!!
Abhiram, which Spyderco is that? I am a fan of the Delica in ZDP. On weekends when I go traipsing over the country side I carry one or two (remember that old bushcraft saying that one is none and two is one?) of the following:
1. A BRK Gunny.....sensuous
2. BK 24 in D2
3. Blind Horse Knives -Little work horse
4. Candiru

abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhiram » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Lanceman wrote:Hey Slingshot that is a lovely shiny Utilikey!!
Abhiram, which Spyderco is that? I am a fan of the Delica in ZDP. On weekends when I go traipsing over the country side I carry one or two (remember that old bushcraft saying that one is none and two is one?) of the following:
1. A BRK Gunny.....sensuous
2. BK 24 in D2
3. Blind Horse Knives -Little work horse
4. Candiru
Sir, that Spyderco is a Dragonfly in ZDP-189, a tiny but extremely effective knife to carry around. People hardly notice it while clipped to jeans pocket using the deep carry wire clip.

-Abhi
- In Omnia Paratus -

Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lanceman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Love the Spyderco, Abhi. In fact the Spydie and the Opinel are the only two folders I trust. In the outdoors, it's a fixed blade.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:40 am

I have a few few gizmos collected over the years, here are a few of them.
Apologies but at the moment I'm just grabbing pics off the web, maybe sometime I'll post actual pics of mine but not tonite...

Anyway, the most useful tool I've found so far is the Victorinox "Midnite Manager" :

This has the most tools that actually work in a small package- Knife, scissors, flat and small phillips of the size that fits all those battery cover hold down screws. bottle opener (must have!), nail file, LED flashlight and an actual useable ball point pen that works pretty good.

Hard to beat all that in a tiny package!

I used to use a leatherman Micra, but I did manage to spring the scissors cutting some thick plastic once and then it wouldn't cut paper well any more. However, If a person used the knife on plastic I think it would last just fine.

The Micra has nice tweezers, if you have a job that requires you to use them on occasion this would serve admirably.

Carried a Swiss Tech Micro Tool for a couple of years as an adjunct to a pocket knife:
I used this a lot. A very handy size and has full size screwdrivers. However, I did manage to break it by squeezing too firmly and one of the plier jaws snapped off. It surprised me as I wasn't squeezing it with a gorilla grip or anything and I thought it should have been a bit tougher.

I replaced it with a Swiss Tech Micro-Plus EX:

This one has a lot of gizmos on it, unfortunately it is awkward to use and it seems to keep unfolding when carried in your pants pocket so I cannot really recommend it for an EDC. However it makes a great thing to toss into your desk drawer at the office or put into a suitcase pocket when you go on a trip.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:27 am

I confess that, like Mark, I need to post the actual in-my-hand pic at another time - apologies. I carry this Leatherman Skeleton CX with me:

My keychain also has Snap On OXI8 and OXI10 combination wrenches for SMA and SSMA coax connectors which look like this 1/4" one (the other is 5/16"):

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:53 am

The Energiser Keychain Light came today. So I am sharing the new picture of my keychain tools. Boker Subcom, Swiss Utilikey, Leatherman Squirt, Energiser High Tech Keychain Light and the Uzi Tactical Pen
IMG_20141010_114124.jpg
There is no downside to Freedom!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey slingshot!
> Thanks for the "Adrenalin Rush" :lol:
> Awesome gizmos & EDC too!!!
> What I like is the "Ergonomics" of the design - La Jawab!!!!
> Thanks for sharing....
Briha