looking for a recurve bow

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Nihangsingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

looking for a recurve bow

Post by Nihangsingh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi guys,
I have been recently practising archery on a borrowed bow. I seem to have developed some fondness for the sport. Now I wish to have a recurve bow of my own; for which I need able guidance of you all. Kindly suggest me:
1. What options do I have amongst the bows in recurve category.

2. List of sources in India and Abroad from where to procure it, without any hassle.

3. cost estimate.

4. What things to look in a bow to ascertain that it is best for me.( since I am completely new to archery)

I contacted Gsmith & Co. They offered me two of their models- RE002 & RE009 for INR 9200/- and 12500/- resp.
would it be a good deal if I proceed with the offer, analysing both quality and cost of the product?

Hoping to have some good guidance
"Teero, Tufango, Bado Raam Jango, Dhamakhdhaar Aniaar, Kamand Korrha, Panj Shaster Parvaan"

For Advertising mail webmaster
kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: looking for a recurve bow

Post by kalashnikovcult » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:41 am

Bhaa ji Gsmith best aa...kar lo ji ..reliable haiga
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

Nihangsingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nihangsingh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Friends I could really use your advise....anybody!!!
"Teero, Tufango, Bado Raam Jango, Dhamakhdhaar Aniaar, Kamand Korrha, Panj Shaster Parvaan"

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 pm

You have a PM.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

anonymusneo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anonymusneo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Nihangsingh wrote:Hi guys,
I have been recently practising archery on a borrowed bow. I seem to have developed some fondness for the sport. Now I wish to have a recurve bow of my own; for which I need able guidance of you all. Kindly suggest me:

2. List of sources in India and Abroad from where to procure it, without any hassle.

3. cost estimate.

4. What things to look in a bow to ascertain that it is best for me.( since I am completely new to archery)

I contacted Gsmith & Co. They offered me two of their models- RE002 & RE009 for INR 9200/- and 12500/- resp.
would it be a good deal if I proceed with the offer, analysing both quality and cost of the product?

you can also opt for some turkish composite bows , which beats anything and are all natural witn seneo and buffalo horn

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 pm

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Nihangsingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nihangsingh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:51 pm

anonymusneo wrote:
Nihangsingh wrote:Hi guys,

3. cost estimate.

you can also opt for some turkish composite bows , which beats anything and are all natural witn seneo and buffalo horn
would the same be available in India?