Buying swords and heavy bowie knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Buying swords and heavy bowie knives

Post by maverick786us » Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 pm

I am intrested in buying Katana sword from Cart2India, which import these weapons for US. The good part about Cart2india is, they alreay include the custom duty with the price, so I don't have to deal with the customs. I have purchased numerous knives from this dealer through ebay.

Now the question is, what kind of issue could i face if i buy a Japanease Katana and some heavy bowie knifes, whose blade exceeds more than 10 inches? According to the law anything where the blade exceeds 10 inch length and 2 inch width is illegal to possess or carry around? Will such a product lost in the transit, or will I get some legal notice from custom officers?

For Advertising mail webmaster
discovershashank
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Buying swords and heavy bowie knives

Post by discovershashank » Fri May 09, 2014 5:21 am

Hi,
The reply is best of my knowledge and experience. I have never imported a over length knife (BTW its 9 inches blade length not 10 ) but planning to get coldsteel gladius or cutlass machete from them. Now my understanding is if the product is listed they know they can get it. This is off course considering you have already spotted your choice on there website. Try checking junglee.com they keep listing from cart2india and few more website. Just select the once with COD and charges all inclusive to insure you won't have to pay extra and go through the hassle of refund if you mind that. Most give you that option. Hope it helps.
ADD: its illegal to carry not posses at home. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.
Do search the forum for importing knives for more info
Shashank
A knife makes me feel stronger, keeps my temper down and gives me the courage to fight for the right. If I am wrong, don't correct me...

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Fri May 09, 2014 10:45 pm

discovershashank wrote:Hi,
The reply is best of my knowledge and experience. I have never imported a over length knife (BTW its 9 inches blade length not 10 ) but planning to get coldsteel gladius or cutlass machete from them. Now my understanding is if the product is listed they know they can get it. This is off course considering you have already spotted your choice on there website. Try checking junglee.com they keep listing from cart2india and few more website. Just select the once with COD and charges all inclusive to insure you won't have to pay extra and go through the hassle of refund if you mind that. Most give you that option. Hope it helps.
ADD: its illegal to carry not posses at home. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.
Do search the forum for importing knives for more info
Shashank
Thanks for the info. I found all these things in Junglee.com where these weapons were dealt by Cart2india. Looks like they don't have any knowledge about rules. I am interested in Rambo 3 knife. and some katana. But don't know if its worth buying these 2 weapons

discovershashank
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by discovershashank » Sat May 10, 2014 2:51 am

If you want them just for display and conversation starters go ahead or you may describe what you want out of your purchase.
I would love to tell me favorites from the site. Been ogling the website for few days now. :mrgreen:
A knife makes me feel stronger, keeps my temper down and gives me the courage to fight for the right. If I am wrong, don't correct me...

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Sat May 10, 2014 3:14 am

Hi Maverick,about the Katana,a manufacturer in Dehradun makes Katana and other swords, Khukhriwala Emporium,with the site of same name. They can prepare Katana of a higher and better quality of steel on order.You can check them out

Sent from my SHV-E120S using Tapatalk
"The hills are barren, cold and steep, But I have promises to keep,
A lot to sweat , Before I sleep,...And Miles to run before I sleep.."
:cheers:

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sat May 10, 2014 1:28 pm

alameinite wrote:Hi Maverick,about the Katana,a manufacturer in Dehradun makes Katana and other swords, Khukhriwala Emporium,with the site of same name. They can prepare Katana of a higher and better quality of steel on order.You can check them out

Thanks. How good is the quality of steel that they use? Is it as good as original Japanese?

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Sat May 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Some of the knives and machetes made in India (particularly in the north east) are very practical and of good quality especially the ones made from leaf springs of trucks / cars though they require regular sharpening. Have used a few myself and found them pretty good though they don't have a very good finish.

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sat May 10, 2014 1:46 pm

alameinite wrote:Hi Maverick,about the Katana,a manufacturer in Dehradun makes Katana and other swords, Khukhriwala Emporium,with the site of same name. They can prepare Katana of a higher and better quality of steel on order.You can check them out

Can you provide me some online shopping link of this dealer, so that I can order a Katana Sword?

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Sat May 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Yes Maverick, you just need to lookout for khukriwala emporium and about your first question,no,finishing may not be as excellent as that of Japanese,but you can opt for damascus steel.

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sat May 10, 2014 2:06 pm

alameinite wrote:Yes Maverick, you just need to lookout for khukriwala emporium and about your first question,no,finishing may not be as excellent as that of Japanese,but you can opt for damascus steel.

I couldn't find any link where I can purchase it online. Is there any?

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Sat May 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Online availability is not there at present but you can speak to Mr Nizam ,the owner on 08447505789 for delivery

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sat May 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Thank you

anonymusneo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anonymusneo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:55 pm

so we can purchase any sword or weapon from junglee or cart2india?

any length and they will not be confiscated via customs guys?

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:06 am

Simple answer is no. You cant purchase anything over 10inches from that site. Have ordered a number of knives from there. But they will not ship anything above 10inches. Even if your order gets through, they will later send an email saying that the item cannot be exported. The same goes for all the scopes listed on the site.
They have a list of banned items that cannot be e ported to india at the bottom of their webpage that clearly mentions this too.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:07 am

Everything that is legally permitted ships promptly and i have never had any complaints with their quality or delivery.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.