Balisong Knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Swagat_Rock
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Balisong Knives

Post by Swagat_Rock » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:49 am

Hi,

I am completely new in this forum. I was a long time visitor, but thanks to admin, I am a member now.

I am more interested in Balisong/Butterfly knives. I tried searching some forums and found out about M Saleh & Co in Mumbai.
Unfortunately, they do not stock these knives anymore. Please guide me to a place in India, possibly in Maharashtra where I can get a Balisong Knife and a training knife together.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Swagat
----------
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
Dalai Lama XIV

For Advertising mail webmaster
Swagat_Rock
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Balisong Knives

Post by Swagat_Rock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:12 am

Come on. I am disappointed. No help. Somebody.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
----------
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
Dalai Lama XIV

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:17 pm

I would infer there are no places in Maharashtra to get "quality" balisongs, rather than a disappointed no help. ;-) And yes, from my experience, there are none. The only option is to import, or have someone bring it back in person. Benchmade comes to my mind for "quality" balisongs, but there are many others as well. Visit the balisong forum (I think its known as flipping forums) for intimate details on which manufacturer makes the best balisongs (and holy wars around it).

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:08 am

PM me,i will guide you to a friend in mumbai,who can help.
regards
dr.jk

Swagat_Rock
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Swagat_Rock » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Choombak: I was thinking about the same. Is there any legal issues to bring Balisong Knives to India, along with them, if someone is coming from USA. Is there any specific Blade restrictions issues and all.

Dr. JK: Sorry, I had Pushed off of Mumbai. I am posted in Odisha now for a Project. I will surely get in Touch next time I am in Mumbai. :D

Motorpsycho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Motorpsycho » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:50 pm

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Motorpsycho wrote:Ebay India has a few listed. Not sure about the quality.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/95-MM-BALDE-META ... 2c8080904d

http://www.ebay.in/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-SANDW ... 2c7f3cb84b
The tolerances on these knives are poor, so they may not be good candidates for flipping (which is what most do). It is best to stick with a good quality balisong rather than cheap junk from China.

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:19 am

Swagat if you dont mind can you tell me if you want them for training purpose or some other ..there is a cheaper option available
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Choombak's advice seems to be on the money. In knives (as elsewhere) you get what you pay for. I'd buy the best I could afford, after doing my research on the various makes/ options.

There are no restrictions, unless there is in force IN YOUR JURISDICTION any special notification by the Central Government under Section 4 of the Arms Act. To find out if that is so, please file an RTI with your local Magisterial authority (DM/ DC/ Police Commissioner) asking about the same. IIRC, Mumbai city may have some additional restrictions under Section 4 as long year's ago I'd attended a wedding there where the groom carried a full sized scabbard with a 6" blade within... I was told that it was due to local restrictions. Just mentioned that, so as to encourage you to find out the prevailing restrictions in your jurisdiction prior to ordering.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein