balisong in India through post

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

balisong in India through post

Post by ak27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:05 pm

can anyone please suggest where can i get a balisong from in india trough post? please point me to the knife vendors in india who are willing to post/courier their merchandise.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: balisong in India through post

Post by art_collector » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Whats a Balisong?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:30 pm

butterfly knife
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 am

AK, I had got a Karambit through 20North. No customs or other hassles, but I did have to wait for about a month or so. You can try them.

Cheers!
EssDee
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 am

Lot of posts here on procuring knifes by ordering from the web etc, but any place where learning to flip the Balisong can be learnt. I gave up trying slicing my hand several times trying to learn from youtube videos :oops: :mrgreen:

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

vivekpeter
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vivekpeter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:03 am

Hi Essdee, is 20north reliable?
Gun control??!!

ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ak27 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:21 pm

essdee1972 wrote:AK, I had got a Karambit through 20North. No customs or other hassles, but I did have to wait for about a month or so. You can try them.

Cheers!
EssDee
Thanks essdee. 20North looks good. Just seen a few Filipinos they have. I think cold steel paradox aluminum is good to go within my budget. Can you give a little feedback on the Karambit you have purchased.
Moin. wrote:I gave up trying slicing my hand several times trying to learn from youtube videos
You might keep your hands safe by practicing with trainer knives with blunt edges. You can find them at 20North. It's like fun minus the pain!!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am

Folks, I have had pretty mixed experience with 20North. In one case, I had to yell at the guy over the phone, finally getting a refund. They are typically quite tardy in servicing orders (I think they wait for low rates in US market). There is a thread somewhere on this site on 20North. Pretty mixed, as far as I remember. Part of my experience could also be due to the fact that I was typically ordering borderline items - knives, bipod (which got cancelled), etc.

The Karambit is United Cutlery, black finish (somehow I end up getting matte black finish, whether pocket knives or the bigger stuff!). Needed to sharpen the business edge a bit (used the fine white piece from the Spyderco Triangle, manually, took a hell lot of time and a few Band-Aids!).

Cheers!

EssDee
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley