pictures of Rampuri knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pictures of Rampuri knives

Post by Olly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:19 am

Nice collection !!! Just love it ... :)

:cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Olly :)

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Awesome collection Rajat. The second knife from the left in the first two pics is very interesting. What is teh folding contraption and what is it for ?? I have never seen such a Rampuri before.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Moin. wrote:Awesome collection Rajat. The second knife from the left in the first two pics is very interesting. What is teh folding contraption and what is it for ??
Moin if you see the other picture where this knife is seen in a closed position you will see that the blade is longer than the handle and here this contraption ( :D ) acts as an additional part of the handle against which the blade rests.

In the open position this is folded back (as seen midway in the picture) into the handle and acts as a lock to prevent the blade from closing.

If you see the last picture you will see that the knife with the white insert and a leather sheath also has a blade longer than the handle and therefore has to be carried in the sheath but in this case the locking mechanism may be seen where the blade connects to the handle.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Rajat wrote:
Moin. wrote:Awesome collection Rajat. The second knife from the left in the first two pics is very interesting. What is teh folding contraption and what is it for ??
Moin if you see the other picture where this knife is seen in a closed position you will see that the blade is longer than the handle and here this contraption ( :D ) acts as an additional part of the handle against which the blade rests.

In the open position this is folded back (as seen midway in the picture) into the handle and acts as a lock to prevent the blade from closing.

If you see the last picture you will see that the knife with the white insert and a leather sheath also has a blade longer than the handle and therefore has to be carried in the sheath but in this case the locking mechanism may be seen where the blade connects to the handle.

Wow, very intersting knifes both. And I honestly did'nt realise the blade in teh last pic with the white handle was actually a folder.... :oops: Lovely collection. I would love to vist Rampur someday and have a look at the manufacturing units, before these close down for eternity. I hear things have become very strict there as well and these folks just supply these Rampuris for Movies and TV's.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Very interesting thread, gentlemen - great images and collections!! Wonderful learning opportunity for a 'Rampur ka Vaasi...' :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:21 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Very interesting thread, gentlemen - great images and collections!! Wonderful learning opportunity for a 'Rampur ka Vaasi...' :D
CK, Intersting part is just one or two pics available onthe internet when you search for Rampuri Knife. Most of the images that will pop up will be from this thread. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regards
Moin.

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:47 am

ahhh, bliss!

nostalgic and ever so desirable!

*kata-kata-kata-kata-kat!"

sigh!

@ Moin Bhai,

where in Mumbai did you find them?

I want i want i want!
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

lawyerme
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lawyerme » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:23 pm

lovely collection rajat...simply awesome...

Jaani ye bacchon ke khelne kee cheez nahin.... lag jaaye toh khoon nikal aata hai...

Moinbhai... waiting for your mehernazar loll :)

Inderjs
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Inderjs » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:49 am

Two from my collection

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 am

Great to start this thread. i have 5/6 of these in my collection. Collected long back around 90s ( my school days) and as someone rightly said with the savings from my pocket money (sometimes it required to take a loan from my younger brother from his savings). my parents were very unhappy with me with my this type of bad bad hobby.
I will post pic of my blades by next week as i am going to my home town.
thanks everyone to refresh the old memories.

Added in 16 minutes 5 seconds:
forget to mention i have a collection of few Gupti's. That is also a weapon very rarely recalled now a days. My little one ( Daughter) is always very much interested in my collection that's why I have them locked long back. I thing now its time to show them some sunlight again.
Regards

Shivaji

khullaa.saand
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by khullaa.saand » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:07 am

I'm just sad.... Reading the article on the link posted in this thread. These beautiful piece of art are going extinct. This is such a shame. It's not the object it's the bearer who decides to use it wrongfully. Same goes with guns. If everyone had a gun and a knife in their home the world would be much safer place as no one would attack each other out of fear of the consequences. THIS IS EUNUCHISM BEING GUSHED DOWN OUR THROATS!

khullaa.saand
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by khullaa.saand » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 am

People are just as much responsible for decline in the artwork. If a knifesmith wouldn't get the desired price why would he continue on the path to poverty! Asking a guy to give a Rampuri in 300 that would cost 2000 just to make is pure bullshit!!!

khullaa.saand
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by khullaa.saand » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:36 am

khullaa.saand
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by khullaa.saand » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 am

Seems like Rampuri has found it's way in usa:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Big-Antique-Rampu ... nav=SEARCH